Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Goo-goo Dolls Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Get Ready for Summer and Save 15% The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Outdoor Recreation

on July 29, 1998
Even though I was born during the war and grew up with the remembrance of it I was untouched by its reaality. When, at the age of 14, I first read Anne Frank's diary it was perhaps the most amazing encounter with the horrors perpetuated on millions but seen through the eyes of one person.
Her little diary gave the world a personal view and meaning to the millions who suffered the same fate. It will continue to be read and lets hope they will be young readers, caught in time to perceive it while their hearts and minds are still impressionable. It simply proves that life is a wonderful mystery. Anne Frank's diary and death were destined to touch the hearts and minds of millions. Her legacy written into history as a trivial, adolescent words scribbled in her little diary to transgress time.
My own question when reading her diary was "who was Hitler?" which brought tears to my mother's eyes. She said, I was told that someday your children will ask ! that question. One great and powerful forgotten, another, a little sparrow, remembered by millions.
on December 20, 1999
This is one of the most depressing and yet uplifting stories of all time. I just finished a production of the play and I know that there wasn't a dry eye in the audience at curtain call. Anne's statement that "in spite of everything, people really are good at heart" shows that even close to death, love and hope survive. It's a story that everyone should read; it teaches a lot about life.
on October 20, 2001
I have read this book many times, and each time I do so, I am struck that Anne began writing this when she was only 13-years-old. It is as fresh today as it was when I read it the first time about 30 years ago.
I am always struck by those who use Anne's quote about people really being good at heart. . . According to Anne's friend, Lies Gosslar, Anne certainly didn't think people were good at heart after being imprisoned at Aushwitz and Bergen-Belsen. Trying to put a happy face on the Holocaust or give it a positive spin is really more than I can stomach.
on November 6, 2002
When I first read the story about Anne Frank, I was in 8th grade where every english teacher in my school had chosen to read this story to all of there students. I had no idea of what the story was going to be about and also had no idea who Anne Frank was. But after reading about her life, I had saw how hard it must have been for her.
This year in school we had to choose a book to read and do a book report on it. I had chosen to do Anne Frank because I had already read a little about her but I had wanted to learn more information about her and life for Jewish people during WW2. By reading both of this book it had shown me how hard it was for Jewish people of all ages. They where taken out of there homes and sent to a concentration camp where most of them later died. It puts the whole world to shame because we all knew about this and nothing was getting done early. But finally we were able to help them and save them.
It takes a brave little girl like Anne to be able to write everything down in a diary that was happening in her life. And by Mr. Frank giving Anne's book to be published must had taken a lot of courage also. But in many ways we are glad that he did because Anne had showed us in many ways how tough it was to be Jewish and how hard it was to go into hiding. I would recommend this book for people off all ages because it is a wonderful book, and I know everyone will enjoy reading it.
on December 12, 2013
I purchased the Albert Hackett and Francis Goodrich version of this play in great condition, and I read it over and over again since I received it.

Albert Hackett and Francis Goodrich had done a great job of writing the best Broadway play in history, and it is very well written, but sad at the same time.
on February 15, 2005
If ever there was a text that should not only be read but read and re-read, then this insightful and intensely private collection is it. One cannot stress enough how important the work is, not only in terms of it's strong statement agaisnt racism and facism, but also in terms of it's fragile beauty.

The tragedy of the novel is in it's exposed privacy, the emerging spirit of a developing and intelligent young woman and the sense it gives us of a thousand similair stories never told and lost forever.
on January 17, 2006
Online Reader-

After having just read this book for an English assiment I have only just now realized how much a War can do to someone.

I admit to crying throughout the book, and while reading I was heartbroken to hear of all of the misfortune that befell these inocent people. And to think that one man-Hitler-could cause all of this pain and misery made me insanly angry at him, and ashamed for all of those who followed him blindly.

In this book, and young girl Anne, and her family, as well as another family and Mr. Dussel, (seven people in all) went into hiding from the Nazis for TWO YEARS.

I feel so sorry for them that having not to breathe fresh air for two years, and to be cramped up with many people for two years, and the end result was being killed by the Nazis. I am so glad, however, that we now have her diary, and realize and know so much more about the Holocaust and all of the people who had to endure it's brutalness.
on September 25, 2015
Loved it!! All people and student should read it. Her life in the attic and camp she let want people to know. She wanted people to remember they were people who had name and the things they went though. This is a GREAT BOOK!!! She wanted us to remember and she achieved that. .If you like book that are plays this book is for you.
on June 8, 2015
I did not realize that I was ordering the play(my mistake I guess) so I'll live with it. My intent had been to buy the book for our daughter so she could understand more about WW2 from the perspective of those who went through it. We had just watched The Boy in Striped Pajamas and I told her that reading The Diary of Anne Frank would be a good counterpoint to it. She is 12 and I don't think she will read a script. I'll keep the script for myself and see about finding the book for her.
on January 12, 2014
I used this play script for teaching a class on the Diary of Anne Frank. We also read the play in class so the students would get a complete understanding of what was happening in the world during the writing of this play.