Industrial-Sized Deals BOTMKT15 Shop Women's Fall Denim Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon Disturbed Storm Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Shop Popular Services Home Theater Setup Plumbing Services Assembly Services Shop all furious7 furious7 furious7  Amazon Echo Fire HD 6 Kindle Voyage Assassin's Creed Syndicate Gear Up for Football Deal of the Day

on December 24, 2012
I am often prepared for lousy writing and minimal content when I purchase a self-published Kindle book, but I was unprepared for this!

The entire book boils down to one formula: calories/grams. That number is the diet denominator and guides the reader in choosing what to eat. Basically it helps one compare energy (calorie) density between foods in order to make wiser choices. I recommend reading one of Barbara Rolls' Volumetrics books instead. Same theory, more information, infinitely better writing.

Many of the sentences in this "book" were so garbled that they didn't even make sense. Then, there were what I hope are typos, such as: "Portion control is often not an adequate diet plan because it leaves you feeling full." (location 965 of 1537) Really? Isn't that the premise of calorie density also?

While I have no doubt that the author did some research and is excited about the idea of energy density, the translation into book format is a fail. Save your money.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again