To get the free app, enter your email address or mobile phone number.
The Difference Maker: Making Your Attitude Your Greatest Asset Hardcover – Large Print, August 27, 2006
|New from||Used from|
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
About the Author
John C. Maxwell, the #1 New York Times bestselling author, coach, and speaker who has sold 25 million books, is called America’s #1 leadership authority. In 2014, Maxwell received the Mother Teresa Prize for Global Peace and Leadership from the Luminary Leadership Network, and was named the world’s most influential leadership expert by Inc. and Business Insider. His organizations—The John Maxwell Company, The John Maxwell Team, and EQUIP—have trained more than 5 million leaders in 188 countries. For more information visit JohnMaxwell.com.
More About the Author
Amazon Author Rankbeta(What's this?)
Top Customer Reviews
My manager gave this book to everyone in his district because market and external forces were creating a difficult working environment. This book helped many of us get through that time and still reach our goals.
John Maxwell is right: attitude is definitely 'the difference maker.' But instead of merely saying so, Maxwell shows you how to discover the basics of your own personality (you may be surprised!) and then move forward, changing your perspective in order to achieve better results.
This book is a bargain at twice the price: buy one for yourself and every member of your leadership team. Read it together: you'll learn a lot!
Dr. David Frisbie
The Center for Marriage & Family Studies
Author of Happily Remarried: *Making Decisions Together *Blending Families Successfully* Building a Love That Will Last
The Influence of Attitude
1. "The Difference Maker" is a book about attitude.
In this book, Maxwell explains how our attitudes affect our daily lives and the lives of others. Maxwell defines attitude as an inward feeling expressed by outward behavior (p-3).
2. Maxwell is a renowned leadership expert and speaker who currently operates his own leadership company called Enjoy. Interestingly enough, Maxwell served as a Religious Minister before deciding to focus his primary effort on leadership. Businesses, governments, and many other organizations have sought him out to have him share his leadership expertise and philosophy. John has authored dozens of top selling leadership books.
3. Maxwell does not disguise the fact that he is a Christian, and he does an artful and respectful job of tying in his faith into "The Difference Maker" in a purposeful way.
4. "The Difference Maker" describes how twists and turns of life have an interesting way of dealing people a variety of circumstances. Maxwell talks about how many of these situations that occur are far beyond our control and that there is very little we can do to regulate the outcome.
5. Maxwell explains how some people are blessed with certain abilities while others are not. Some people are born with a higher degree of intellect or outstanding athletic abilities. Someone may be a gifted artist or have an uncanny ability to remember things. Maxwell explains that regardless of a person's natural abilities or inabilities, the one thing that each person has is complete control of their attitude.
6.Read more ›
The book is best gone through in multiple sittings. Breeze through it once and revisit. You will be able to pick up more messages. If you have been facing adversities in life, I would recommend this as a strong read. It emphasizes that life is a journey and not a destination.
In SAARC Countries, you would be able to get a specially priced reprint from Pearson Power.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
John delivers leadership and follower support and provides clear messages in all his works! Excellent read!Published 2 months ago by Bo
The short book is all about changing your attitude. "It's not what happens to you it's how you react to it" is the premise. Read morePublished 3 months ago by Leslie Kowitz
Required reading for seminary class but this is a very boring book.Published 3 months ago by J. Fulloon
Very lame, and clearly ghost written. There have to be a billion books, memes and websites that repeat these principles. Read morePublished 3 months ago by L. Premo
Dr. John Maxwell has written another inspirational book that will not only lift your spirits, and will also suggest a path to improve your outlook on life i.e. Read morePublished 3 months ago by William Teh