Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Adele Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

92%
Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:$4.99

on August 8, 2012
Wow! This book is designed to lay a firm foundation for my children in their Christian life!

I heard about this book a week ago, when it came out, looked over the 1st free lesson. Today, I bought "The Dig" and decided that I would bait my children (age 6,8, and 10)about meeting a new man named Doc, who will take us on a wonderful Bible adventure seeking treasure - treasure in God's Word! I homeschool my children - and oh, they couldn't wait to know more about Doc. So I said his full name was Doctor Luke, and my 2 older ones grabbed their Bibles to read about Luke in the Bible! We will start in 1 1/2 weeks "The Dig" and daily walk with Doc through the book of Luke.

Thank you! I am looking forward to your other materials, and thanks for allowing my dear friend to translate this in Spanish! God bless!
on August 2, 2012
I spent an afternoon digging through this resource before passing it on to my kids and I'm definitely impressed! The author walks children through the book of Luke in a fun, creative, and modern way. But you know what I really like about it? Every chapter is bite-sized so that kids can complete the entire lesson before their attention is lost.

It's easy to follow and offers life application at a level they can absorb. Great book!

Darlene Schacht, Time-Warp Wife
on September 21, 2012
I started this study of the bible book of Luke with my daughter in place of going to our church group AWANA. As we are on a tight budget and gas prices are skyrocketing our church is a bit of a drive from our home. However, I wanted to continue a bible related study and fun time. So, we started The Dig, I like it for its format which is easy to follow and holds her interests. We enjoy reading the scriptures which corresponds to the study. We also like the scripture memorization. I have incorporated the movie The Nativity Story as a part of the study. When we cover certain information, we watch the movie up to the topic discussed to give her an even better visual concept of the information we just covered. This has helped her enhance her relationship with the Lord and draws out personal application to how the information fits her life circumstances today. We have recommended this book to several of our friends. Overall, we absolutely love this study aid and hope you will too!
on January 3, 2016
We are enjoying this book but people should know it is very simplistic. It's not really what I expected. I think it would be best for those just starting out doing devotions with their kids who need an easy start. There's not much to the lessons. You read the verses, ask a few questions, then read a short summary. Some lessons have only taken about 5 minutes to complete so I've been on my own to try and add a tangible lesson and discussion for my kids. Because this is more suited to new believers or those just starting out, my suggestion to the author would be to include the answers to the questions. There aren't any, so the parent needs to either be familiar with the text already or have studied it on your own ahead of time. Those who have been doing devotions with their kids for years will probably find this book lacking enough depth and length. But if you are looking for quick and simple, this is great!
on September 21, 2012
Three of my sons age 12, 10, and 8 are "digging" through the Book of Luke with me. The questions are relevant and thought provoking. The "treasure" is applicable for all of us! A fun way to study Luke.
on March 11, 2013
This is one of the absolute best kids devotionals we have tried. The format engages my son and he looks forward to reading it everyday. It has started some awesome conversations during our family time and I can't wait for more titles to be available. This is TOTALLY worth getting!!!
on January 4, 2014
My 5 year old really enjoys this devotional. We use it as part of her homeschool curriculum. I have her draw pictures of what's going on in the scripture readings, and devotional is age appropriate and long enough to get her thinking, but short enough to keep her interested.
on September 6, 2012
Pat Schwenk wrote wonderful Bible study that is interesting enough to keep kids engaged. This study is perfect for the 10-12 year old to do by themselves or to do as a family! Helps kids to really think about the who, what, why and where! Love it!
on March 30, 2013
I purchased it so our morning devotions as a family would mirror the study in Luke I was doing during my personal devotions. This is probably designed for elementary students, but my entire family has enjoyed it. We didn't take the time to do the online projects which are at the end of each chapter, but they sound neat if you have the time.
on August 9, 2012
"The Dig for Kids" is a great resource for families to jump into the Scriptures together. One of the things I appreciate most about this resource is that you are not just reading someone else's thoughts about the Bible, you are actually reading the Bible together as a family. The Dig is a guidebook, helping to point us in the right direction and keep us on the right path as we discuss Biblical truth together. I definitely recommend it!