5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding digital photography book
The digital photography handbook,

This is the most helpful book on digital photography I have seen in a while. Each page of the book has some scenario and a ways to work with is to get the best possible shot. It's also covers many different ways to overcome what ever adverse shooting situation you might be. Kelby Talks about cheap ways to overcome situations...
Published on January 15, 2008 by M. A. Filippelli

3.0 out of 5 stars Short Cuts
A photography tip is a short instruction on how to do something in photography - "put the softbox as close as possible to the subject for the softest light" - without trying to put the instruction into any larger context.

This is a short book of photography tips that contains tips on using flash, studio photography, portraits, landscapes, weddings, travel,...
Published on May 23, 2008 by Conrad J. Obregon

‹ Previous | 125 26 2731 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars He's done it again!, February 28, 2008
This review is from: The Digital Photography Book, Part 2 (Paperback)
Scott Kelby has done it again. This book is full of useful information and is a great resource for any level of photographer. Scott Kelby's style of writing is easy to understand and humourous. Great book at an even better price. You won't be disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT BOOKS!!!, February 27, 2008
This review is from: The Digital Photography Book, Part 2 (Paperback)
I AM USING BOTH 1 & 2 OF THIS BOOK AND AS A NOVICE PHOTOGRAPHER THEY ARE GREAT! VERY USER FRIENDLY WITH REFERENCES AND ALOT OF EXAMPLES. I HAVE LEARNED MORE ABOUT USING MY CAMERA WITH THESE BOOKS THAN I DID WHEN I ACTUALLY TOOK A CLASS. I WOULD RECOMMEND TO ANYONE, ESPECIALLY THOSE NEW TO DIGITAL PHOTOGRAPHY.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Useful, February 25, 2008
This review is from: The Digital Photography Book, Part 2 (Paperback)
I have found this book to be very useful. I am in the process of learning digital photography and the shot recipe pages prove to be most helpful. I consider it to be money well spent.

4.0 out of 5 stars Practical as ever, February 18, 2008
This review is from: The Digital Photography Book, Part 2 (Paperback)
Engaging and practical, like the first book, but aimed at a less general audience than the first -- more like the enthusiasts than the masses, those more likely to buy an external flash, pick up a piece of studio-like equipment here and there.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very highly recommended, February 18, 2008
This review is from: The Digital Photography Book, Part 2 (Paperback)
For a beginner as me Vol II just like Vol I is easy to understand and very practical. I have a lot of photography books aim at the beginner level and The Digital Photography Book series in my view is the best

4.0 out of 5 stars Digital Photography, February 16, 2008
This review is from: The Digital Photography Book, Part 2 (Paperback)
Scott hits another homerun with his down to earth, straightforward and unpretentious style. I refer to his book regularly for pointers to improve my photography. Don't know if my photography is better but at least I am doing it right. Great advise, nice easy reading. Thanks Scott.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book!, February 16, 2008
D. Gast "d4vesgrill" (San Antonio, TX United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Digital Photography Book, Part 2 (Paperback)
I saw the version II of this book in a store and waited until I got home to see if I could find it on amazon. I saved serious money so I ordered both. I think these are two of the best books you can buy. You don't have to read tons of theory on aperture, light, etc. You get sound advice on how to just go out and do it. Reading these books led me to really research what all my D50 could do and now I'm even more satisfied with my gear. Because of these books, I may finally have my own business up and running very soon! These are straight to the point of showing you the little tricks that make your pictures even better. And not dry at all!

4.0 out of 5 stars Practical advice, February 16, 2008
This review is from: The Digital Photography Book, Part 2 (Paperback)
There seems to be some tidbits here for anyone - regardless of experience level or specialization. Like the first volume, you can flip through until a tip which is of particular use to you presents itself. Mr Kelby has a knack for gleaning pragmatic pointers in a breezy, concise style. He's equally informed in Photoshop as well as photography.

Just one useful tip & the book pays for itself. Myself, I flagged at least 8, & I've been a semi-pro for over 30 years. Nobody can know everything. That's why I still read & research photography and Photoshop (my full-time profession).

5.0 out of 5 stars EXCELLENT, February 15, 2008
This review is from: The Digital Photography Book, Part 2 (Paperback)
This book is truly worth the money spent! This book is easy to understand and easy to apply!

4.0 out of 5 stars More in depth off camera flash info., February 13, 2009
This review is from: The Digital Photography Book, Part 2 (Paperback)
While I do not reference this volume as much as volume 1 and 3, what is the point of purchasing volume 1 and 3 only?

‹ Previous | 125 26 2731 | Next ›

The Digital Photography Book, Part 2
The Digital Photography Book, Part 2 by Scott Kelby (Paperback - January 5, 2008)
$24.99 $18.81