Facility Spring Cleaning Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon Blue October Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Grocery Made in Italy Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing SnS

Format: DVD|Change

on May 17, 2013
Others have said this movie is boring---I didn't think it was boring because I couldn't see most of it---many scenes were really dark or cut-off. There seemed to be no story or plotline;although a murder was attempted. This movie was one of those Blair Witch-type movies where someone waves a camera around in bad light cutting off people's heads, legs and other body parts plus there's no noticeable script. But the audio portion was okay and when you finally (after about 50 min) see the dinosaurs they look pretty real but the movie is only 78 minutes long. Finally, the movie doesn't let us know if the explorers were rescued or if they all died. Overall, I can't recommend that anyone spend money to rent or buy this movie because of the awkward photography and lack of story.
on October 20, 2012
This is definitely the best dinosaur movie since Jurassic Park.
J.P was the first step in making the ultimate dinosaur movie, both intelligent, with perfect give-away atmosphere and those movies are an eye-candy. This movie was the best of the rest. Nothing took Jurassic park movies from it's 1st place, but the second place is definitely for this movie.

The story was okay, because it is hard to believe in a place where dinosaurs somehow survived. Not just one or 2 of them, but plenty of species, including flying ones. And as soon as we have them it is hard to believe that this will remain a secret for long. The movie has a potential, and there could be done a second sort of chapter for the movie.

Acting was great and actors were good. Did not fell in love with any of them and I think the son and father relationship was a little too much. I mean I did not like it. Sure that shows a picture of who is who, but I still think it was just too much.

Dinosaurs models are just good, not just some bad CGI models, but they are really good, when comparing them to other dinosaur movies.

I would give the movie 4 stars if not the twisted (sort of) ending. I found myself with lots of questions on what will happen next, and I enjoyed the twist (the last 10 minutes) more, than the rest of the movie. It sort of got me right there.

Also there is a relationship with dinosaur, that really made the movie stand out. It's not something I expected to see and like. Usually it's bad CGI models that I see in other movies, but here it was not the same.

I'm upset that this movie is not on blu-ray yet or even dvd region 1 (though I use region 1 &2 dvds). The reason for that is that even though IMDB gave it a low rating, like plenty of times before I find myself in situation when I either believe the ratings and miss the movie or I watch it anyway. I am glad I did not look at IMDB ratings before I finished the movie. I suddenly got really upset when I saw them.

Do yourself a favor and do not read any ratings and reviews for the movie. Just buy it and see for yourself.

I am an experienced movie watcher. I love plenty of movies, and when I say this is not a bad movie, I really mean it.
on February 18, 2013
I bought this movie for my kids to watch. And I must say, it had us glued to our seats. My kids ages are from 6 to 14 and they loved it. A lot of the movie is from a first person view. But it was not hard to follow.
I bought every DINOSAUR movie that cost less than $10...
I was NOT disappointed. MOST of these selections ARE---
by their nature---low-budget, made in a hurry, defying all
logic, but... entertainly enjoyable!
on March 24, 2013
With the increase of sightings of the Mokele Mbembe in the Congo, a group of British adventurers and scientists take out to find them. Jonathan (Richard Dillane) is the leader of the group, while his undisciplined electronic whiz son Luke (Matt Kane) comes along as a stowaway. Natasha "tank top" Loring provides some early eye candy. Amara (Abena Ayivor) is their local guide who knows more than what she tells. There are others too.

On their way to the location, their helicopter is taken down, as it seems they are not designed to withstand an impact from a single pterodactyl. Once on the ground, more CG critters are encountered.

On the plus side we get to see the dinosaurs early in the film and don't have to wait until the last frame. The CG dinosaurs are a cut above the rubber head ones previously used in that Area 51 downed plane film. There are still problems with the hand held genre. Luke's at home stationary mounted camera shakes, zooms, and pans on its own. I think this would have been a better production if they were to have a limited use of this hand held genre within the film. It just doesn't work.

The acting wasn't that great as I found myself yearning for the return of Jeff Goldblum. I kept hoping a dinosaur would bite the head off Matt Kane as I grew weary of his facial close-ups and idiotic comments. The day after the crew was attack by dinosaurs, Luke uses his camera to lament about his relationship with his father. HEY LUKE! You were just attacked by dinosaurs!

Writer and director Sid Bennett squandered a great opportunity to make a quality film.

Parental guide: No f-bombs (for a change) sex, or nudity. Not worth the rental fee.
on July 28, 2014
The Dinosaur Project;

Watched for about 20 minutes, even though I did not at all like the beginning - poorly filmed, stupidly modeled after some quasi-documentary, it is clear there is anger and fear, but no 'common sense' among them, except perhaps young Luke who had the foresight to bring portable cameras as well as night vision ...

This is a truly BAD video - and I must admit with others - definitely NOT worth the $1.99, if even that, to watch for longer than five, let alone 20 minutes (but I did try, to give the film a 'fair chance' ...
:-( Very disappointing with POSSIBLE exception of what might turn out to be 'special effects' in form of creatures ...
on May 11, 2013
Not nearly as bad as Cloverfield. Supposedly "reconstructed from video data drives" and assembled as a documentary record. Improbable inclusion of mid-teen son sneaking along for the adventure and managing to be more technically savvy than the video experts along on the trip. Started killing off the expedition pretty early on and whittled it down one by one until only the son of the expedition leader was left and cast his bag of video data drives into the river instead of working his way out of the dinosaur playland. This was a "watch once ... and maybe once again with friends that have nothing else to watch".
on February 6, 2014
What starts out as a very independent film, moves onto well developed characters you care for, and a well written story line. A shame the major studios did not grab this film. Perhaps it may become a feature weekly on SiFi television in New York City. Children ages 9-13 may be ready to view this film.
on February 18, 2014
I didn't realize this was going to be a startle type of movie. Unfortunately, we couldn't get through it. It was too scary for my 8 year old son and a little on the boring side for my 11 year old daughter. The imagery wasn't great so it was fairly difficult to see what was supposed to be depicted on the screen.
on March 24, 2013