5.0 out of 5 stars The unconditional love of dogs!
Published on October 25, 2012 by Kelly

3.0 out of 5 stars Not for the faint-hearted or for children
Published on November 25, 2012 by Anton

5.0 out of 5 stars The unconditional love of dogs!, October 25, 2012
Jennifer Skiff did a superb job in writing about people's amazing experiences with their beloved dogs. It makes you realize that you are not the only one who believes that dogs love you unconditionally!! Similar to Jennifer, dogs have been a part of my life from the very beginning and I truly believe they have an uncanny ability to sense things about you that even your loved ones may miss at times. I was very touched, inspired, and grateful to read stories from people in all walks of life, where dogs were their shining light, savior, or a great comfort in the midst of their dark days. You may need tissues to get through some of the stories but it will warm your heart. I just ordered 10 copies for my dear friends and family that have that special dog in their lives! They will make great Christmas presents!!

5.0 out of 5 stars with cold noses & warm hearts~, October 23, 2012
The Divinity of Dogs is written with a selfless mission~ it is written to tell the tales of so many humans and k9s alike that were touched by an unwavering love we share with our k9 companions. Although tears are shed upon opening the book & of course while reading the book they are NOT tears of sadness that will make one not want to keep reading, but rather tears of an "A-HA" moment, they are tears of understanding, tears of inspiration & tears that someone as insightful, soulful, & kindhearted as Jennifer Skiff is telling the tales of so many brave warriors- the ones we as humans, if tuned in, will continue to learn, grow, and understand life just a little bit more than we "think" we do. Whether your dog is in this book or not the stories told in the book are stories we can ALL relate to and even say "my dog did that... or my dog could have been that dog..." Jennifer allows the reader to understand the dogs in this book tell the tale of ALL dogs as she points out that ALL dogs are divine. Jennifer makes us venerable and aware of the nostalgia that lies within ALL OF OUR DOGS- the same dogs that get us humans though dark days- trying times, and ultimately make our house a loving home. Thank you Jennifer for bring forth such a grand & divine love between man & k9.

5.0 out of 5 stars We're never too old to learn .......from our dog!, October 24, 2012
The perception of what I had in mind when I first chose this book to read was quite a surprise. How the experiences of our beloved pets are written with wit, compassion and tears..... A real inspiration to anyone in the pet world....a well written "make you feel good" book on miracles is certainly man's best friend. Marsha

5.0 out of 5 stars A Heavenly Collection of Heart-warming dog tails (Oops, tales)!!, November 24, 2012
carol bradshaw (Southern California, USA) - See all my reviews
Finding out in Jan. of 2011 that our story would be included in "The Divinity of Dogs" was truly an honor. Bandit and Jack's story is just one of over 70, and each and every one tugs at your heart, reminds us of a memory, and brings an awareness to the amazing feats and inate ability that dogs have to intertwine their lives with humans. Jennifer's own story of her life and her personal experiences with her dogs lends the link that brings it all together. Each short story could be made into its own book, making it almost impossible to write them all in a lifetime. Instead, the condensed versions whet our appetite for more, and allows us to imagine a little more about each story. The final result lived up to every expectation I had for the past two years, and even more. Adding the availability of the CD of instrumental music in conjunction with the book, is even more comforting. The title of our short story is "He's Our Blessing", but in reality, the entire book is a blessing to those who read it. Like others, I've already bought several copies as gifts, and encourage you to buy one for yourself, and one to share with a friend. A Five Star rating simply isn't high enough!

3.0 out of 5 stars Not for the faint-hearted or for children, November 25, 2012
The stories in this book really capture the amazement, joy and love we experience with our dogs. As the German actor, Heinz Rühmann, said, "You can live without a dog, but it's not worth it." I had read the reviews so I was prepared for some sad stories, but some of the events described in this book are very disturbing and have left some very unpleasant images in my mind. It contains stories, not only of abuse to animals, but also to human beings. The reverent and even spiritually promising title of this book may attract readers who are not looking for quite so much upsetting reality in a book about pets.

5.0 out of 5 stars Heartwarming read, November 29, 2012
This is an amazing book that I could not put down. It warmed my heart, lifted my spirit, and made my eyes fill with tears time after time. I wanted it to never end. By the final page, my lifetime love and admiration for dogs had grown so much stronger, and I have nothing but the highest praise for the genius of an author who bound these tales together into such a wonderful package. I implore anyone who loves dogs to read this - you will find it an incredibly rewarding experience.

5.0 out of 5 stars Man's Best Friend for a Reason, November 8, 2012
Before I begin, I found this book in the "Pet's Section" of Barnes and Noble. It deserves to be in the main table under "New Releases!"

For those who love to read, and love dogs, this is a "must read." We all need to read the serious books, but we also need to read books which uplift our souls, and this is one such book. Even if you already that a dog is man's best friend, this book confirms it. Dogs enrich and enhance our lives, and sometimes allows their owners to learn from them. How tragic that when friends and family fail to love us when it is most important, it is sometimes dogs that come to our rescue and love us unconditionally, which sometimes makes all the difference in the world.

This book can be read and re-read for years. It makes us realize why we brave the cold and snow to take them for one last walk at night, and why we allow them to shake off the rain in our homes and curl up next to us on the sofa. For those of us who know why we love our dogs unconditionally, it is a wonderful reminder that we are not alone.

This is a wonderful read, and the collection of stories was awesome. Some sad, some glad, but all full of love.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pawprints on your heart!, November 11, 2012
This a wonderfully beautifully written collection of dog stories. Both heart wrenching and heartwarming, always inspirational! I started reading it slowly as the stories often made my eyes leak... but then I couldn't put it down! I could relate to each story in some way and it made me think back on all the wonderful dogs I've had the honor of having in my life. Each has taught me, guided me, supported and entertained me. And each has, in their own way, saved my life. And each has left pawprints on my heart!

5.0 out of 5 stars Chicken Soup for Your Canine Loving Soul, October 29, 2012
I knew this book would be good but did not realize just HOW GOOD. It's a BIG BIG FAT BOWL OF CHICKEN SOUP FOR THE SOUL whether you are a dog lover, a dog owner, or just have a handful of trials and tribulations going on in your life. If you do not have a dog in your family, this book is so truly inspirational, that it will leave you with the question of "Why do I not have a dog in my life?" This book pulls at the very heartstrings of relationships between human and dog and will have you begging for more. I laughed, I cried, and I pondered the brilliance of the "divine" in earthly canine souls. It doesn't get any better than this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Dogs are Divine!, October 23, 2012
This book brings tears of happiness to your eyes! i would give it 11 stars, if I was allowed to! Don't buy just one copy - get enough to give away to all of your dog loving friends.