Facility Spring Cleaning Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Sixx AM Fire TV Stick Gifts for Mom to look and feel great Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing STEM

on January 6, 2013
The Divinity of Dogs is an incredibly meaningful, heartwarming, and inspirational book. There are so many sentences that are so deep and profound -- I literally paused and reread to truly absorb their meaning in the book and in my own life. The author and her contributors bare their souls and innermost feelings to help deliver a book that gives way to what the author and lots of others believe -- dogs are truly divine. I have found more impactful writing in this book than in all the books I have ever read combined. I wanted to highlight so many sentences and I know I will reread this book over and over again! I highly recommend this book!

The Divinity of Dogs is definitely a lesson in humanity outside of the obvious appreciation of dogs. This book has brought me even closer to my dog and has inspired me to go and adopt another dog! I will carry the many lessons from The Divinity of Dogs with me and try to live a more divine life -- like a dog!
on December 31, 2012
I received Jennifer Skiff's book, "The Divinity of Dogs" as a gift from my husband for Christmas. We have loved seven dogs in our 35 years of marriage and each one had his or her own personality and joys. With having lost our 4th dog in 16 years to cancer this past July, Jennifer's book was wonderful to hear about and I couldn't wait to get it and start reading.

To read each and every story has brought many special memories back to my mind and in knowing that others share the same loves, adventures, heartaches, and stories of their beloved dogs is so touching. The stories are short and very easy to read. Some require kleenex for tears of sadness, some for tears of happiness. I am not an avid book reader myself but I cannot put Jennifer's book down. It is written with such love and inspiration, that I can't wait for the next edition to be written! (hint hint Jennifer!).

I also follow Jennifer Skiff on Facebook and love, love, love her posts. Thanks Jennifer for all you do, sending hugs & wet kisses from our current dog Mack/border collie!!
on March 30, 2016
I picked up this book as I was studying miracles on behalf of a friend who is in desperate need of one... What I got was certainly not what I expected, but so, so, so much better! I will keep this book forever and recommend it a million times over! It is exactly the kind of flip through, find a story, read it and be uplifted immediately book everybody needs just in case you're human and actually have a rough day every once in a while. Skiff has done a remarkable job here. And beyond that, if you're also a dog lover, as well as a miracle seeker, keep your tissues close and your pooch closer! This is a wonderful treasure. Thank You, Jennifer Skiff!!!
on March 13, 2013
Having lived with dogs all my life, I already knew the full range of emotions that they experienced. Reading all the wonderful stories in Divinity of Dogs just proved that I'm not the only one who knows that Truth. As an animal communicator, I've be privileged to communicate with hundreds of dogs and their humans, so I've been privy to more than most when it comes to the lessons and unconditional love our canine companions offer us. Reading about all these remarkable dogs was sometimes sad, sometimes funny, always heart-felt, and convinced me even more that a life without dogs is an impossibility for me. I hope everyone reads this book and allows whatever dog is meant to be with them into their life. You will never regret it. Thank you Jennifer for this wonderful tribute to these special souls!
on October 5, 2013
I bought this on a recommendation for a true dog lover, but read it myself afterwards. It is much more than a book for the friends of the four legged ones; it is filled with stories of love, redemption, and will bring your emotions forward (as long as you have them). The stories are inspiring and make you realize how lucky you are. I wonderful gift, highly recommended. Don't miss this.
on March 15, 2013
I love any books that are true stories especially true stories about people's pets. The pictures of the dogs were great. Heartwarming stories for any dog lover to enjoy. A great book to buy for any of your dog lover friends.
on November 6, 2012
Are you thinking about getting a dog but have reservations? Then, you should read this book full of stories from dog owners. If you have never had a dog then you don't know about the special bonding experience that happens. This book is sure to open your eyes and your heart to the idea of being a dog owner.

Each day I read one story and it starts my day with a warm feeling of love. There is a common thread running through all the stories that is all about bonding with your dog.

If you get a dog, be prepared to spend time training him or her, that is part of the bonding experience. Puppy classes are easy to find and are a lot of fun for you and the dogs. You'll never be lonely if you have a dog, they give you unconditional love each and every day.

This is a great book for everyone!
on November 5, 2012
Suffice to say, I thought The Divinity of Dogs would be a book about great dogs doing great things...and it is...on one level. The most compelling part of the book, however, is Jennifer Skiff's (the author) own story she has woven throughout the book. I got to meet Jennifer a few weeks ago at the Pilots N Paws Flyaway animal rescue just out of Charlotte, NC. She was a young, enthusiastic, beautiful woman. Sweet, outgoing, and immensely talented. I had no idea the depths of heartache she has endured in her young life, and how it has molded her into the woman she is today, thanks in part to her love of her dogs. It is not a read for the faint hearted. Not a bedtime story for the kids. It will indeed give you pause to reflect while allowing you to see the value of the gift of a loving dog.
on November 14, 2012
Anyone who has ever had his heart warmed by a wet nose will fall in love with this book from page one. In The Divinity of Dogs, author Jennifer Skiff artfully arranges an assortment of tales like so many mosaic tiles to create an immensely compelling portrait of the mysterious bond that exists between dogs and their humans. Some of the stories are sweet and touching; others are emotional and wrenching--but all are brimming with heart. Pieces of the author's own tender tales are woven throughout the book, lending both cohesion and an additional note of authenticity to the work. Like the relationships it celebrates, this book, too, seems possessed of a magical power to inspire and transform. Grab a copy--and a box of tissues--today and enjoy!
on March 19, 2016
What can I say, I LOVE GOLDEN RETRIEVERS! This book is full of stories of all kind of dogs, but the picture on the book made me buy it. My first Golden looked exactly like the dog on the book cover.

Dogs give their all at all times. This book makes you smile or even shed a tear or two. It's well worth buying.