Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it PME Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on July 15, 2009
My daughter was having a hard time with divorce,self-esteem and anger (and impending teenager-hood). I was at my wits end and needed help immediately. I went right up to Barnes and Noble and found this miracle of a workbook and within twenty minutes, my daughter was diving into it and feeling empowered. (no exaggeration) It is a wonderful way for a child to work through their emotions without feeling that they are "being made to". She has even brought it with her on her little vacations to continue her path. Something I did not even suggest. Lisa has done great job with a great resource. I look forward to reading more of her books. Well done Lisa!!!
on September 12, 2009
I utilize this book for ideas and activities with teens in my internship as a mental health counselor. As with most workbooks this one is also cognitive-beahorial based and while that is not my theory of choice many of the activities and knowlege are helpful. I find myself re-tooling them to fit into my way of working. All in all a very nice resource and often I will go to the shelf to get it and another counselor has borrowed it. That in itself speaks highly for this workbook.
on May 29, 2009
This is an excellent tool to use when working with teens suffereing from depression! Great way to process teens feelings that they are not able/willing to share directly.
on July 9, 2011
I'm a youth/adolscent therapist and I've used this workbook with several of my clients. It has a very sequential theme to it, so its easy to go in order, or skip some of the feelings/worksheets that don't apply to the particular client. Wonderful workbook!
on July 4, 2013
this workbook was really helpful for me, and unlike other workbooks it didn't make me feel...crazy or undermined or anything. x
on April 4, 2016
There is not enough good I can express, perfect! I can say of this entire series! We have a girl that is entering the Teen years, that suffers from a Neurological/Mental Health disorder, that just makes everything more difficult for her. We have found that this series is just beyond awesome, every single book! Each workbook works through the issue at hand in an exploration framework to start out, individualized Therapy for the person to see where the problem originates, and, moves through many helpful exercises, and, strategies to make everything so much easier to deal with! We have had a well trained Therapist for years, a great Child Psychiatrist, and, I am studying to be a Child Psychologist myself, after my own experiences, and, these books are exceptional help for younger than Teen, Teen, and, even Adults we've all found.

Please do not limit yourself to exploration of this one issue, please DO REVIEW the other titles, because i've found often there may be one issue, ie. Anger, and, under or around that are other issues, ie. Self-Esteem, so any one of the books may be exactly the right recipe for your Child!
on March 20, 2010
I bought several of these workbooks and they are great. It is really based on the Cognitive behavioral therapy and I use it with my middle school and high school students.
on December 13, 2013
Great help for my teenage daughter to work through her depression. It really helps her organize her thoughts and feelings of sadness.
on September 30, 2009
My 15 yr old daughter loved this book, I would recommend it to anyone who has teens from a divorced family, no matter how old they were when you divorced
on August 7, 2013
This is my go to book for helping students dealing with divorce. Although it is a self-help book the activities can be modified to work with students individually or in groups. A must have for any school counselor's library.