5.0 out of 5 stars Latest, Greatest
Published on May 5, 2006 by Cathi Bower

2.0 out of 5 stars Not That Helpful
This is a huge book, but most of the info was really not helpful regarding my dog. I was able to glean a few helpful tidbits of information, but overall the book was not the best use of my time or money.
Published 15 months ago by RCH1911

5.0 out of 5 stars Latest, Greatest, May 5, 2006
Cathi Bower (Whidbey Island, WA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Dog Bible: Everything Your Dog Wants You to Know (Paperback)
Each time I go to use my Dog Bible as reference, I get lost in it, following threads of interest. Enjoying all the latest info, and the author's opinions on subjects from behavior and specific breeds to debate on vaccination. Even dog people who believe in their good understanding (or maybe especially those) of what makes a dog tick, will find a useful perspective in this book! Everyone with or without dogs should have access to the Dogs and Children chapter and Scooby's rules for kids.

5.0 out of 5 stars 1st time dog owner saved by "The Dog Bible", December 9, 2005
In preparation of adopting my first dog, I spent much time educating myself on the responsibilities of caring for and loving a dog. However, by the end of the first week I was truly overwhelmed. It was then a friend bought me a copy of Hotchner's "The Dog Bible" This insightful and reader friendly book coached me through the steps necessary to build a trusting relationship with my dog. As a dog owner I now feel more comfortable addressing the immediate and long term needs of my pet, and am eager to re-read sections pertaining to the continued development of my dog. Thank You Tracie !!!

5.0 out of 5 stars The Dog Bible - Everything your Dog wants You to Know, December 8, 2005
Doggy science was a black hole for me and we have always had dogs in our family. "How To" meant only how to drive to the Vet. We love our dogs and Tracie's book has the best answer to every question. My five year old is getting her first dog for her birthday and at the moment for responsibilty training she wants me to read segments from the Dog Bible together. Increadible buy. Thanks!

5.0 out of 5 stars This Book Has It All, December 13, 2005
Loring Bolger (Springs, New York) - See all my reviews
Too many dog books. Too little space. Not any more. Tracie Hotchner's Dog Bible has given us a comprehensive resource for all aspects of dog ownership in just one book. Well organized and user friendly this book serves as a quick referance as well a detailed study on every issue you are likely to encounter as your dog's best friend. Keep it handy. You will be referring to The Dog Bible frequently.

5.0 out of 5 stars This Book Is FANTASTIC!, December 5, 2005
Jean Haden Guest (Santa Monica, CA USA) - See all my reviews
I found THE DOG BIBLE by Tracie Hotchner to be the most rewarding read of any book on dogs that I have ever read. I highly recommend it to dog owners, potential dog owners, and dog lovers all over the world....Jean Haden Guest, Santa Monica, CALIFORNIA

5.0 out of 5 stars Who Benefits More?, January 7, 2006
Listen and Bebe, my two Beagle companions, seem to think I'm a better guardian since my reading The Dog Bible. And I agree happily but the benefit accrues to them.There is nothing I've ever wanted to know about living with a dog that I haven't found in this book. And to find this abundance of information in such a readable form is a delight.The prose is clear, friendly, informed. Whether you're beginning your life with a canine companion or experiencing the transition of loss and bereavement The Dog Bible can help. For anyone who lives with and loves a dog or knows someone who does, this is the perfect book.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best dog book ever!, December 2, 2005
Wow! This is an amazing book that covers it all - from choosing a dog, to the early years, through old age. It helps us humans accompany our doggies through every stage of their lives - and understand them too! Clearly this author knows and loves dogs! This is an incredibly comprehensive book, and one I know I will keep running to everytime I have a question - truly the bible for dog owners. It is a MUST HAVE for every human companion - I think vets should make it a required purchase for the care, feeding, and understanding of your dog! We need more books like this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Most Resourceful, Informative and Delightful Dog Bible for New and Experience Dog Owners!, March 19, 2006
The Dog Bible: Everything Your Dog Wants You to Know is fascinating!I was fortunate to meet Ms. Hotchner, while she was signing her fabulous and fantastic book with Jolie, my thirteen year old Shih Tzu. Jolie and I enjoyed reading the book together! The Dog Bible is appropriately titled and is a definite guide "to everything dogs want their humans to know!" Thank you for creating such a wonderful book for people and our beloved pooches!

Best,

Pamela and Jolie(Licks & Slurps!)

Founder

Barkin' Arts NYC

5.0 out of 5 stars An invaluable resource, January 7, 2006
A. Hutchins (Santa Barbara, CA) - See all my reviews
This book was recommended to me by a volunteer for K9 Pals of Santa Barbara, who were responsible for training a shelter dog I adopted. M!y new (to me) dog is energetic, smart and "take charge" and Tracie's simple and logical offerring have helped me start down the dog ownership path with more confidence (a simple thing like going out the door before the dog made all the difference in the world!) Both of us are grateful for "The Dog Bible" - it's the only reference we need!!

5.0 out of 5 stars wagging tale, December 14, 2005
tracie, a big salute, i just love the book. it is very honest and informative. i am a pet sitter in ny and i have found the dog bible very usefull. you just know that the different subjects have been very well researched. tracie is not afraid to say it as it is, and to look at things from different points of view. my dog eric things already that it made me a better pet owner and pet sitter. it always helps to keep an open mind, the mistake we make as humans is, that we think we already know it all. i have and will in the future highly recommend the dog bible. tracie, thank you very much.

The Dog Bible: Everything Your Dog Wants You to Know
The Dog Bible: Everything Your Dog Wants You to Know by Tracie Hotchner (Paperback - November 3, 2005)
$25.00 $15.62
In stock but may require an extra 1-2 days to process.
Rate and Discover Movies