4.0 out of 5 stars Great Family Flick in the tradition of Beethoven!
Published on October 22, 2010 by Cheryl Knapp

3.0 out of 5 stars MOM SAYS I'M HALF BEAVER
Published on March 7, 2011 by The Movie Guy

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Family Flick in the tradition of Beethoven!, October 22, 2010
This review is from: The Dogfather (DVD)
I saw this movie down at the International Family Film Festival in CA earlier this year, where it was very well-received and was voted Runner Up in the Foreign Comedy division. This is a fun flick that you can enjoy with the entire family, with a great storyline, quality actors and is a must for dog-lovers. If you like Beethoven, you'll love THE DOGFATHER...and you'll be watching history in the making, too, as this is the first time a bulldog has played the lead role in a movie--and he's not just sitting around snoring and slobbering! You'll see all sorts of endearing behaviors performed by "Sonny", including helping around the house, skateboarding at the park with the kids, and giving the Bad Guys what-for! A great DVD to add to the family collection and watch over and over again!

4.0 out of 5 stars Kids liked it...., January 9, 2011
This review is from: The Dogfather (DVD)
We (family) liked this movie. I expected it a bit more,... more action, more luaghs,... but it was good. I liked the story. Great for a saturday or sunday afternoon. Kids liked it (10 yol sister, and 6 yol brother). I guess you can't go wrong with the combination dogs and kids. Our 6yol son, was enchanted with Sonny. Nice dog. I can't remember watching another moive where a bulldog had a prominent role in it. Was about time. I'm thinking Nerf-fanatics will also certainly like this movie. It has to be inspirational to them. By the way,.... I loved the title.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great family flick!, February 17, 2011
This review is from: The Dogfather (DVD)
This movie was fun to watch with my kids! I love when I am able to find a movie the entire family can watch without worrying about bad language, sex and violence. Definately a must to own! I'm glad I ordered it! Love the families house in the movie....I would like the name of their decorator please. :)
We love dogs in our home, so no matter how many dog movies there are out there...we do not tire of them!!

5.0 out of 5 stars The Dogfather, December 2, 2010
This review is from: The Dogfather (DVD)
Cannot wait to see this movie!! Tom Selleck, Sam Elliott and the rest of you Hollywood pretty boys LOOK OUT!! There is a new leading man in the wings... WE LOVE YOU, GABE!!!!!!!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars One hell of a hilarious movie, August 29, 2011
This review is from: The Dogfather (DVD)
If you liked the movie Beethoven then you will love this one, its a great family movie the kids will enjoy again and again.

3.0 out of 5 stars MOM SAYS I'M HALF BEAVER, March 7, 2011
This review is from: The Dogfather (DVD)
This is a great movie for an immature audience who can appreciate blows to the crotch and poo humor, mostly the 10 and under crowd. Chris Parnell gave us a substandard performance and is perhaps on his way to being the most over rated bad actor in Hollywood (move over Will Ferrell). The funniest part of the movie was at the very end when the dog was doing an interview and let us know what was wrong with the film. The women in the movie were all fine looking, something to keep dad's interest, should he have to sit through it. The jokes were stale and slapstick humor abound.

The godfather impersonation was bad, and I don't know if a 9 year old could appreciate it. Adults tend to be stupid in this film (the males anyway) and kids are reasonable.

Not the worse film for family night, but you could do way better.

5.0 out of 5 stars The DogFather, March 8, 2011
This review is from: The Dogfather (DVD)
Very good movie for the entire family, kids just seem to love it and we all enjoyed this movie, Great DOG and fun to watch and you don't have to worry about content or words.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Dogfather, February 25, 2011
This review is from: The Dogfather (DVD)
This is a really great family movie. Mom Dad and the kids will love it.The kids will love the nerf part (don't want to tell too much) The bulldog is great. We have bulldogs and it is so great to see them as mine really are. They don't just lay around they are involved with the family. Everyone will laugh and enjoy it. Great job Gabe!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Gabe, the real Dogfather, February 24, 2011
This review is from: The Dogfather (DVD)
I selected this video because the star of the movie was a bulldog and I have a love of bulldogs. I also know how talented this bulldog is in his portrayal of Sonny. I was not disappointed in this delightful family movie and recommended it to all my friends with canine family.

1.0 out of 5 stars CRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAP, July 22, 2014
This review is from: The Dogfather (DVD)
I wish I could give this a negative rating.

The only redeeming benefit to watching this is it does not have the annoying, condenscending over extended laugh track found on most family/kids channel shows.

It is CRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAP in having plenty of dog feces jokes, supposively to be funny, but just stomach upchurng.

Aside from CRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAP, the best word to describe this is LAZY

LAZY as don't even bother to write any form of a plot, or continuation as the story often goes off in tangents

LAZY as don't even make the comic relief in the villians at least put an effort into it, basically they are performing LAZY Slapstick that people like the Three Stooges and even those in the Kids shows would have more pride in their work and not put in such a LAZY performance.

LAZY as often don't even make don't some of the dog's antics relavent to the story line and often go off on a tangent.

LAZY as don't even make the leads break a sweat and put in a half decent acting job, particularly the mother, who is most known for doing commercials in Canada, and may be should stick to that.

A total LAZY and CRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAP film

The Dogfather
The Dogfather by Richard Boddington (DVD - 2011)
$14.98 $6.43