5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely Wonderful!!!
Published 14 months ago by DR.SHARON L. CARTER

2.0 out of 5 stars Sweet story, but NOTHING like the first two
Published 12 months ago by Linda A. Bradley

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely Wonderful!!!, October 16, 2013
I've just finished this incredible book during a lunch break at work and now I've got to figure out how to clean the mascara off that is running down my cheeks from crying before I can start seeing my patients!! I could not put it down last night and read until I just passed out. Only thing now is that I didn't want it to end. Just one of the best feel good books I've read in a long time. Do not miss this one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Will leave you feeling almost as happy as if you had gotten an actual puppy for Christmas, October 15, 2013
This review is from: The Dogs of Christmas (MP3 CD)
W. Bruce Cameron clearly knows dogs! From his book, "A Dog's Purpose" to "A Dog's Journey," he truly has a gift for expressing the incredible bond that is shared by dogs and humans. His new book, "The Dogs of Christmas" is so heartwarming, so joyous, and so completely enchanting, I dare anyone to read it and not immediately go to the nearest animal shelter to adopt a dog.

5.0 out of 5 stars This Book Is Treasure, October 17, 2013
R. Sylvia Tagert (Clarks Summit, PA) - See all my reviews
Wonderful and a great pre-/during/post holiday book. Thanks Bruce another great book! Another great book from a great dog advocate.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read!, October 19, 2013
James K. Morby (Overland Park, KS United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Dogs of Christmas (Hardcover)
Cameron scores again, this time from a human's perspective. Josh is broken and learns to live again when a set of circumstances conspire to allow him to trust and love again. Nice twists and turns, as much human drama as dog drama in this one. Fun and compelling read throughout.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Dogs of Christmas by Bruce Cameron, October 19, 2013
Another excellent book by Bruce Cameron! I read it straight thru on the day it was released. This book shows the importance of the rescue of dogs, but it also applies to any other animal in need of love. I always rescue... Another great job Bruce! Thank you! P. Christy

5.0 out of 5 stars a #2???, October 16, 2013
Isabel Page (California, CA) - See all my reviews
I love this book so much. I hope bruce cameron makes a second book. I want to know what happens with Josh and the puppies!

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow!, January 3, 2014
Cold, snowy day, bought this book on a whim AND cannot believe how much I enjoyed it. I like most books about dogs so that part would be no surprise but everything about this book was so good. Truthfully? The best to me was how the author writes a good story but he, most importantly, tells why and how humans and dogs are made for each other perfectly. The dependence upon each other, the look of love in both the people's eyes as well as the dog's eyes. He reaches in and grabs your heart as you root for the couple to get together but also for the dogs to feel that love, that bond. Although this book was about dogs, any animal and human can share that bond, that love. Glad also no huge sadness of abuse and neglect. Also glad to read rescues and the underground dog railroad were included to educate readers on the plight of homeless or abandoned animals. Now on to one of Mr. Cameron's other books!

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely, sweet, endearing, could not put down., October 15, 2013
W. Bruce Cameron has done it again! I laughed out loud, I wept a bit, I smiled, and most importantly, I fell in love with a book AGAIN! Dogs and people who love dogs are two of my favorite things! Bruce just can't help it....his touch is golden!

2.0 out of 5 stars Sweet story, but NOTHING like the first two, December 26, 2013
If I had not read "A Dog's Purpose" and "A Dog's Journey" I would not be nearly as disappointed in this short story as I was, that I will admit. It was perfectly fine, and a nice little read over Christmas. But Mr. Cameron's first two books were so special that this one simply pales in comparison. If you are expecting anything even CLOSE to the emotion and heart-warming inspiration of those works, you, like I, will be sorely disappointed. I truly feel like this was rushed together to capitalize on a Christmas theme, and does a disservice to the devoted readers that Mr. Cameron has as his followers.

3.0 out of 5 stars Cute story but not up to A Dog's Purpose, January 14, 2014
This is a cute little story, but it didn't live up to Cameron's original Dog's Purpose. And I really disagreed with some of
the conclusions drawn in this story which ruined it for me. I thought the author took a somewhat controversial stance when he had the "maybe" girlfriend convince the hero in the story to give up all the puppies after raising them and learning to love them. It took a long time to establish this "sorta/kinda" relationship, and I still didn't quite believe in it.

I still want to know why he couldn't keep those puppies if he wanted to keep them and care for them. I mean he lived up in the mountains, and it wasn't like he was living slammed up against somebody else's house like most of us are. It could have been a much better book had he established a real relationship with the girl at the shelter (she's so unmemorable, I can't even remember her name.) However, she was a pushy woman, and I just simply didn't like her. She ruined this book for me - that and her moralizing or whatever she was doing. I would have kept the puppies and got rid of the "sorta/kinda" girlfriend.

The Dogs of Christmas
The Dogs of Christmas by W. Bruce Cameron (Hardcover - October 15, 2013)
$15.99 $9.59