Back to Business Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon St Lucia Bose SoundTouch 130 Amazon Fire TV Stick Grocery Valentine's Day Cards Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now SnS

on November 15, 2003
For anyone who has ever read a book by Richard Carlson, and liked it, this is a must-read. It's also a must-read for anyone who is ruled by something else than love and patience.
The affirmations are really uplifting and relaxing, and they can help you reach the kind of focus that makes life a lot easier. I use these affirmations to remind me that there is a lot more to life than my petty stresses and worries. The affirmations also can help you find the right way to connect with others and to have more loving relationships your life over.
Oh, one more thing: it's written all over the cover of this book that it contains 100 affirmation. I haven't counted them all, but since there are 190 pages with 5 or 6 affirmations per page in the book, I'm pretty sure there are 1000, not 100 affirmations in there, unless I'm really missing something. It's kind of a big mistake, but I'm rather confident that the authors are not going to sweat it. :)
on January 1, 2008
I like this book and, upon reading many of the affirmations, I'd hear myself saying things like, 'Yes, that's important to me.' about those ideals/values/desires which I may not have articulated prior to reading them here. By stating them, I believe I give them more power -- speak them into existence -- than just thinking about them in passing.

One example of an issue with this book: Section 2 titled "Problems as Opportunities." Many affirmations in this section use the word "problem" and, in my opinion, reinforce having a problem. I've done extensive editing in this section. In fact, I've done editing throughout this book and substituted words that are more meaningful to me. That's not a criticism of the book. Rather, I very much like and appreciate this book because I use it as a springboard in creating affirmations that are personal to me and that take into account my personal sensibilities, beliefs, etc.

There are 10 Chapters/Sections/Categories and, within each of these, there are 100 affirmations. As well, there are two pages at the back of the book to write your own.

Peace.
on March 12, 2007
Very good and consistant with Richard Carlson's books. Quick read, great reminders and excellent tool to reflect and slow down and realize how good we really have it.

As a type "AA" personality...I have received much coaching and have found taking more person "time outs" has helped me physically and emotionally.

Great inspirational reading!
on March 8, 2008
If you are looking to have a more positive mindset, this is a good start.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 14, 2015
Great little book :-)
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 14, 2015
I like this book. A bit small but a lot of variety.
on July 7, 2005
Some of the affirmations are good. Others are just fair. Not what I was looking for, only has affirmations for feelings and not for parts of the human body and nerves, ect.
0Comment0 of 4 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse