- File Size: 1019 KB
- Print Length: 27 pages
- Publisher: Strelka Press; 1 edition (May 22, 2012)
- Publication Date: May 22, 2012
- Language: English
- ASIN: B0085K6UDS
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Not Enabled
- Lending: Not Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #1,054,025 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
The Dot-Com City: Silicon Valley Urbanism Kindle Edition
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your email address or mobile phone number.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
More About the Author
She blogs weekly at www.designobserver.com about design in the real world, and can be found on Twitter @LangeAlexandra.
She is co-author, with Jane Thompson, of "Design Research: The Store That Brought Modern Living to American Homes" (Chronicle, 2010) and sole author of "Writing About Architecture: Mastering the Language of Buildings and Cities" (Princeton Architectural Press, 2012).
She contributed several essays to "Eero Saarinen: Shaping the Future" (Yale University Press, 2006), and her PhD dissertation, "There's No Place Like Work," discussed the integration of modern architecture, design and landscape at CBS, Connecticut General, Deere & Co. and IBM in the 1950s and 1960s.
Top Customer Reviews
I would like to read a more in-depth study one day, but given this book cost next to nothing I can't complain!
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Look for Similar Items by Category
- Books > Arts & Photography > Architecture > Criticism
- Books > Arts & Photography > Architecture > Urban & Land Use Planning
- Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > 45 minutes (22-32 pages) > Arts & Photography
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Arts & Photography > Architecture > Criticism
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Arts & Photography > Architecture > Urban & Land Use Planning