5.0 out of 5 stars A band that still goes unnoticed...
Published on March 15, 2000 by Shawn H

1.0 out of 5 stars HEARD IT WAS GOOD AND THEN SHOT DOWN IN FLAMES!
Published on August 21, 2000 by Ernesto Marrero

5.0 out of 5 stars A band that still goes unnoticed..., March 15, 2000
Shawn H (Pittsburgh, Pa.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Downside (Audio CD)
and a band that rocks very hard. The new album is a far superior product than their last disc (although I enjoyed that one alot). Dan Lorenzo told me the production was better, the songs were longer and heavier and has a very upbeat attitude about it, as well as he should. Musically, the band mixes it up, ballads, mid-paced rockers and hard driving thrashers. Even the vocals are brilliant, Alan Tecchio (Watchtower, Non-Fiction) has a great vocal range, and proves it by belting out the tunes one after one. The opening track is a scorcher. "Pay The Price" is the closest thing to a "Dog Faced Gods" I have heard (Dave Lecinsky, the drummer, growls on this one). And it all works and flows with gleaming technical tenacity. Music with kahunas (I know that's spelled wrong... hmmm). Hades may be the most underrated band in metal today, and deserve far more attention. Ultra-cool stuff.

4.0 out of 5 stars Hades - 'The Downside' (Metal Blade), October 26, 2005
This review is from: The Downside (Audio CD)
'The Downside' is the band's fifth CD, and is considered by many of their fans to be their audio masterpiece (at least, so far). Only way I could describe Hades is they're good speed metal from New Jersey. Don't let their name scare you off, I doubt they're actually satanic as the name might imply. Impressive tracks are "Ground Zero N.Y.C.", the ass-kicking "Pay The Price", "Shove It" and "Become Dust". Just possibly might appeal to fans of Mercyful Fate, Rammstein, Kreator and Fates Warning.

4.0 out of 5 stars Ground Zero, December 31, 2002
raul sanchez jr (Houston, Tx United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Downside (Audio CD)
I have to admit that calling this music Death Metal Or Thrash Metal is just not right Hades belongs in a class all there own, they stand on top waiting for the world to acknowledge and follow their lead. I am a big follower of Death and Black Metal but something draws me to Hades and hold me there till the dying end....

5.0 out of 5 stars Best HADES cd?, December 29, 2010
This review is from: The Downside (Audio CD)
This might actually be my favorite HADES cd. I think it has Alan's best melodies and Ed's best guitar solos. I played guitar AND most of the bass on this cd. DD Verni from Overkill and Billy Milano from SOD play on this cd as well. It is also available on ITUNES as is DamNation and coming soon Saviorself.
We're playing Dingbatz in Clifton NJ on March 26th 2011 with T.Coombs on drums!!

5.0 out of 5 stars the downside gets a thumbs up, April 5, 2001
This review is from: The Downside (Audio CD)
it was quite a surprise that a death metal vocalist guest stars on this album. very nice touch indeed.

1.0 out of 5 stars HEARD IT WAS GOOD AND THEN SHOT DOWN IN FLAMES!, August 21, 2000
This review is from: The Downside (Audio CD)
THIS CD IS JUST HORRIBLE. THE INSTRUMENT PLAYING IS GOOD, BUT THE SONG ARRANGEMENT AND LYRICS ARE JUST PLAIN BORING. NOTHING ORIGINAL HERE. I AM REALLY LET DOWN. IM THINKING OF PLAYING FRISBEE WITH IT IN THE PARK, WANT TO COME ALONG? BORING, BORING, AND BORING. I AM A BIG METAL FAN AND I WONDER WHY ARE THERE SO MANY TALENTED BANDS OUT THERE WITHOUT RECORD DEALS WHEN HADES HAS ONE? ITS A HARD ROCK/METAL BAND WITH HORRIBLE SONGS ALL AROUND. IF THEY PUT THEIR TALENT TO USE THEY MIGHT COME UP WITH SOME DECENT SONGS! ENOUGH SAID.

The Downside
The Downside by Hades (Audio CD - 2000)
Rate and Discover Movies