‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Book, December 27, 2008
A Kid's Review
The Dragon Princess is the sixth book in The Tales of the Frog Princess. It is about Millie, the daughter of Crown Prince Eadric of Upper Montevista and Crown Princess Emeralda of Greater Greensward. Ever since the day Millie was born, every time she becomes angry she turns into a huge, green, fire-breathing dragon. This does not make her happy. This problem causes Millie to have difficulties in finding a suitor who doesn't promise to slay every dragon in the country for her or run away screaming after seeing her as a dragon. In the beginning of the book Millie's birthday is in a few days. She plans to have her party in Greater Greensward with her mother's family, but due to her father's mother's wishes the party is moved to Upper Montevista. During the party Millie's parents, aunt, and uncle are called away to help the people of Chancelwood. Millie discovers that the only reason her grandmother, Queen Frazella, wanted her to have the party in Upper Montevista was because of a bet she had with her youngest son's fiance'. Infuriated, Millie accidentally transforms into a dragon in front of her grandmother and her uncle's fiance' against her parents wishes. Her parents decided not to tell Frazella of Millie's dragon-self because they feared how she would take it. After Millie calms down and becomes a human again she remembers a conversation she had with a witch at her birthday party. Mudine, the witch, told her of The Blue Witch, a witch in the frozen North who might be able to help her with her dragon problem. Millie decides to go and tells her friend Zoe of her plans. Zoe insists on going and informing Millie's cousin Francis of their future journey. Francis then decides to go to protect the girls.
Characters:
PRINCESS MILLIE--main character, when angry becomes a dragon, mother is Princess Emeralda, father is Prince Eadric
PRINCESS ZOE--half vampire, half bat, father is Garrid, the prince of the vampires, mother is Li'l, good friend of Millie's mother, Princess Emeralda
FRANCIS--Millie's second cousin, son of the former Green Witch Grassina and her husband Haywood
QUEEN FRAZELLA--queen of Upper Montevista, Millie's grandmother, mother of Prince Eadric
PRINCESS EMERALDA--crown princess of Greater Greensward, Millie's mother, Green Witch
PRINCES EADRIC--crown prince of Upper Montevista, Millie's father
The Dragon Princess is not Ms. Baker's best. It could have been longer. It ended before Millie returned to the castle of Upper Montevista. So, you did not get to read about her being grounded for traveling to the North unsupervised. I was also upset when I relized there would not be much magic in it. Otherwise it was a pretty good book. It is worth reading.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another hit!, February 8, 2010
I'm 25 and have been following this series since I found the first book in a second hand store on my honeymoon. They're adorable, original, and well crafted. This one is no different! They blend from the original princess to her daughter nicely and it doesn't feel awkward.

Looks like the start of another beautiful love story.

5.0 out of 5 stars Anger can lead to love, October 20, 2013
In this tale Millie has lived all her life as a victim to her mother's mistake she turns into a dragon when she is upset. Now she has to go to her grandmother's home, but her grandmother hates magic. Millie has to go through all manner of frozen to get to the witch who will help Millie control her anger Millie finds love and a solotion to her problems in this heart warming story. This is a great book for any one who loves action and romance.

4.0 out of 5 stars My daughter loved it., December 8, 2009
chinakids (Chantilly, VA) - See all my reviews
I bought this for my daughter age 10. She typically will not read books without pictures (manga) unless they have something special. Well, this book does. It is filled with humor, which is her hot button. I will be getting the rest of the series for her!

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolute Winner!, January 7, 2010
E. Montenegro (Cleveland,OH USA) - See all my reviews
My 9 1/2 yr old daughter LOVES this new series and highly recommends it to all her friends. Even her older sister read it because she loved the earlier series. They both finished the book in 2 days because they couldn't put it down. Reviews don't get any better than that!

5.0 out of 5 stars Really enjoyed the series!, May 5, 2014
I know these are written for young adults, or even younger, but I enjoy the "fairy tale" type stories and have read them since I learned to read. The whole series was fun, and there was enough intrigue and adventure to keep my interest! I've read the entire series, so this review includes all the books. If you're young at heart, as I am still in my 70's, and enjoy fantasy, you'll probably like this series!

5.0 out of 5 stars awesome, March 25, 2014
I really enjoyed this book! I have read it so many times that I can remember! E. D. Baker is my favorite author!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great series, March 22, 2014
This review is from: The Dragon Princess (Tales of the Frog Princess) (Paperback)
This whole series is great. Both of my daughters have read the entire set, and they love them. They are currently 9 and 11 years old, and love to discuss the characters and storyline together.

4.0 out of 5 stars None, March 21, 2014
I LOVE THIS BOOK!!!!!!!!!! E.D. Baker does it again!! I absolutely LOVE E.D. Baker. She is 1 of my favorite authors. I really enjoy her taste in book topics

5.0 out of 5 stars The best book, February 19, 2014
This is the best E.D. book in my opinion, he has ever written. I suggested that you get this book. It tells a story of a great adventure, with Millie.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

The Dragon Princess (Tales of the Frog Princess)
The Dragon Princess (Tales of the Frog Princess) by E. D. Baker (Paperback - March 30, 2010)
$7.99 $7.04