5.0 out of 5 stars The Dream Dancer

1.0 out of 5 stars You should get paid to buy this book
Published 15 months ago by Joan E Ford

5.0 out of 5 stars The Dream Dancer, September 6, 2012
This review is from: THE DREAM DANCER (Kindle Edition)
The Dream Dancer blended the Traditional native culture and the prejudices of the white society in the early 1960s. The main character had to struggle with his insecurities of his heritage and his successes in the white man's society while fighting for the future of his people to protect his people. The story is well written, honest and causes the reader to reflect on what is right and wrong in the American society.

5.0 out of 5 stars my impression, September 9, 2011
This review is from: THE DREAM DANCER (Kindle Edition)
This story really made me aware of the brutal way my ancestors were treated, I loved the way he told the story, I think everyone should read this book and ask theirselves ...Was this my ancestor that was this cruel? And How can I in this day and age make life better for people worse off then me...There but by the grace of God go I....

1.0 out of 5 stars You should get paid to buy this book, May 28, 2013
This review is from: THE DREAM DANCER (Kindle Edition)
The struggles of Native Americans and broken treaties are central to an understanding oa American history, but this book adds nothing to the reader's understanding of the conflicts between the white man and the N.A.s. The "hero" of this book, Coop, is a crazed murderer. The premise of the book is ridiculous. The writing is mediocre at best. Don't waste space on your Kindle on this one.

5.0 out of 5 stars None, February 7, 2012
This review is from: THE DREAM DANCER (Kindle Edition)
A rich odyssey in which a man is drawn from a world away back to his native American roots, full of twists and turns and magic. Inventive and authentic. The story will stay with you.

3.0 out of 5 stars not at all what I expected. I found the ..., July 13, 2014
This review is from: THE DREAM DANCER (Kindle Edition)
not at all what I expected. I found the book in the sci-fi/fantasy section but I don't think it was categorized properly.
It is a dark story about a man's struggle with his American Indian heritage and responsibilities, prejudice and revenge.

5.0 out of 5 stars One Man's Religion is Another Man's Superstition, February 8, 2014
Miles Henri Sumner "Been there Done that" (Nuvali Estate, Laguna, Philippines) - See all my reviews
This review is from: THE DREAM DANCER (Kindle Edition)
I thought that Kenneth C. Crowe's story was entertaining. My Paternal grandmother was born on the reservation in Oklahoma; her father was a Native American (Indian). I did not know much about that culture as I grew up, in fact, I only recently learned of my ancestry while playing with my family tree on Ancestry.com. This book features a lot of stereotypical Post-WWI & II attitudes and behavior viewed from the perspective of a Full-blood Native American. The contrasts in belief systems (and greed) around the world create the wars, large and small, human beings suffer and die . . . and then what? The ending if this fictional history tells us one possibility ! ! !

4.0 out of 5 stars Dream Dancer, February 6, 2014
This review is from: THE DREAM DANCER (Kindle Edition)
Stars are for the truth within the story. If only real life could have an amiable ending...light read, thought provoking

2.0 out of 5 stars Dream Dancer, January 3, 2014
This review is from: THE DREAM DANCER (Kindle Edition)
My views of this book are hard to sum up. I was inclined to drift off the dedicated path. It may have been a topic I was slow to find an interest. Maybe it was not what I had expected or imagined. What ever it was I was slow to want to pick it up again.

4.0 out of 5 stars loved it, October 23, 2013
This review is from: THE DREAM DANCER (Kindle Edition)
I actually went and downloaded the rest of his books, which is unusual for me. Great book. I recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Dream Dancer, August 21, 2013
This review is from: THE DREAM DANCER (Kindle Edition)
Fascinating, sad, enlightening. Hard to put this one down. Gut wrenching with intensity. Poignant and terrifying. So much suffering for a belief few would understand. This one will stay with me awhile.

The Dream Dancer
The Dream Dancer by Kenneth C. Crowe (Paperback - December 1, 2009)
$9.99 $8.99