Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: The Dukan Diet Cookbook: The Essential Companion to the Dukan Diet
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Format: Hardcover|Change

on May 8, 2012
The Dukan diet is the only diet that I have tried so far that has actually worked and that was easy to follow. Fantastic weight loss for minimum effort. I was so excited and couldn't wait until the book came out. I have so far tried several of the recipes and they have all bombed!!! Not one recipe has worked out so far and I have followed them to the letter. The only thing it is useful for is to provide ideas on what to eat, but you will have to experiment and adapt the recipes in order to make them work. The diet, however, is definitely worth following.
on April 23, 2012
My wife and I have been waiting for Dr. Dukan's "American" version of his cookbook as we've been on his diet for over 6 months and have lost exactly the amount of weight his program predicted. It is nice now to have a cookbook with US measures and ingredients as this diet is wonderful and really pretty easy to follow. We highly recommend the diet and this cookbook to anyone who has been frustrated by the myriad of diets that are out there as this one is successful if followed precisely.
on October 30, 2012
Ok, this diet WORKS! I've lost 13 lbs in 18 days. I have allowed myself some things to help me survive (mostly Atkins shakes and bars for some breakfasts or snacks; also, fat-free cheddar and WW string cheese). Without these allowances, I would not be able to stand ONE MORE BITE of meat. However, I have not had a single bite of "off program carbs."

The galettes are great. Use some sugar-free syrup or jelly for a nice treat, make yourself a countdown calendar toward your projected date of reaching your goal (or for me, it's a cruise we've planned), and DIG IN for the long haul. Don't cheat or you'll get out of ketosis and defeat the point of low carb. Any birthday or other holiday will come around again next year. DEVOTE this time to yourself and getting yourself healthy. Next year, you can have the mashed potatoes! That's my advice!
on May 17, 2012
I've only tried a few of the recipes in Dr. Dukan's book, but they were tasty and relatively simple to prepare. Some of the ingredients are a little uncommon, so I stuck with the simpler ones, but there are lots to choose from. Good companion book to his diet book.
on April 18, 2013
The Dukan diet is a worthwhile low-carb, low-fat diet. It has lots is common with Atkins and -- 4 weeks into it -- is resulting in steady weight loss. The diet does allow low/no-fat dairy, which makes it easier to continue long term to shed lots of pounds. Best of all, after the goal weight is attained, the diet provides structure for a long time (5 days per pound lost) so dieters don't just regain the weight.

As a cookbook, most recipes are appealing and tasty. Most do not require specialized products (unlike many Atkins recipes). However, the cookbook would benefit from more-detailed organization. The table of contents is only broken down by major categories such as "poultry." The index does list specific recipes under the main ingredient. However, the cookbook would be easier to use if each recipe title were listed under each category in the table of contents. A searchable diskette would be better still to find recipes that use specific ingredients beyond just the main protein. I'm glad I bought the cookbook and will use it heavily. I just wish it would help me out a little more.
on April 7, 2016
First the good…we are REALLY enjoying the recipes! A co-worker of mine has done this diet with her husband & they were both successful. Based on their success, we decided to give it a go! The first thing I did was purchase this cookbook. For me, Failure to Plan = Planning to Fail.

The day before starting we prepared the Indian Chicken (made in Kabobs), Rosemary & Mint Meatballs, Hardboiled Eggs, Blackened Lime Shrimp (my recipe), Salmon and Cream Cheese Roullades (these were tiny!) and made sure to have Eggwhites and Fat-Free Cream Cheese on deck. I also made a fat-free Yogurt dip for the shrimp and chicken. This way there is ALWAYS something to munch on.

In 3-days I lost 4.4 lbs (even with Hashimoto’s!). If you are wondering if it’s possible to eat pure protein for several days without going off ‘the wagon’..if you plan ahead like we did, it’s very easy!

I work retail part-time and I run around a lot at work and didn’t have a problem with an 8-hour shift and staying on-track. It’s all about your mindset. You are choosing to change your life in this very minute! Another thing I did before starting was make a list of things I wanted to do during the first few days to keep myself busy. It’s funny, when I’m not dieting I don’t think about food all day (and I LOVE to cook!) but when dieting…it’s all I can think about! LOL! I don’t think I’m alone, thus The List! After Day-1 I quit thinking so much about eating and more about ‘doing’! In fact, my energy is off the charts!

On a side note..I thought that it would be best to start this on my days off (which I did) BUT had I gone into work, I would have been too busy to think about my diet. The whole objective during your protein days is to STAY BUSY so you don’t think about food.

Is this diet workable for Vegetarians? As a former Vegetarian I would say an emphatic “NO!”. Just about all vegetarian meat substitutes are laden with chemicals. I wouldn’t want to eat what is required each day in chemicals.

Now the “I Wishes”…I wish that cookbooks focusing on diets would include serving suggestions and Phase with each recipe. For example: Rosemary Mint Meatballs and at the bottom of the page there would be serving suggestions for each Phase of the diet. Dips or Veg dishes, etc. Learning a new diet is daunting and this would make it SO much easier! It would also give the reader/dieter an immediate idea of what they can have with each of their meals which would make meal planning SO incredibly easy.

That all being said, if you need to lose weight...give this a go! It's easier than you think!
review image review image
on December 5, 2012
This cookbook is a good companion to the Dukan diet as it is difficult to come up with new ways to make meals that are diet-friendly. The only thing I would say is a drawback is that some of the recipes are very similar to one another. It requires a little bit of added creativity to mix things up.
on August 25, 2012
I bought this book after plateauing in my weightloss after having a baby. I was on the first attack phase for about 4 days and lost about 5 pounds. The second phase I was on for about a month and lost 6 pounds, which left me with my target weight. It can be hard to follow if you don't like meat, but has improved my eating habits although I still crave sugar. I am now on the third part of the phase so I have started adding back foods and I have gained 2 pounds. I suppose time will tell if this diet has lasting results.
on June 1, 2014
I give this a five star rating because this book gives you easy ways to cook your food and keep the pounds off. I have used this book
as a guide to help me cook all foods and I have kept the wait off now more than two years. This book gives you easy and great choices to choose from for even for the beginner cooks.

MD
on September 8, 2015
Some of the recipes seems like Dukan just wants to use up some of the ingredients that the diet supports. For example, there are several recipes that utilize the non-fat dairy yogurt, and where it seems like it should have just been left out!
Some of the recipes I have to wonder if they were really tested them before adding them to the book!