''Gerber's powerful insights have given thousands of entrepreneurs new control over their businesses.'' --Success magazine
''Gerber loves to exhort people to develop powerful visions for their companies.'' --Fortune
From the Inside Flap
The E-Myth Accountant fills this knowledge gap, giving you a complete toolkit for either starting a successful practice from scratch or maximizing an existing practice's performance. Full of useful, powerful advice you can implement easily, this soup-to-nuts guide enables you to reap all the benefits that come with a thriving accounting services firm.
Combining the wisdom of renowned business development expert Michael E. Gerber and the accounting knowledge of M. Darren Root, The E-Myth Accountant equips you to:
- Liberate yourself from the predictable and often overwhelming tyranny of unprofitable, unproductive, and time-consuming routines
- Transform yourself from a successful technician (accountant) into a successful accountant-manager-entrepreneur
- Rethink your practice, shifting from tactical thinking (working "in" your business) to strategic thinking (working "on" your business)
- Stop trading time for dollars
- Manage those processes through which people get things done, which becomes your management system—for everything you do
- Implement innovative systems to produce consistent results as your practice grows
- Take the sanctity of time seriously, blocking time for entrepreneurial work and using a weekly planning tool
- Create the story about your practice; this story becomes the heart of your practice
Leading an accounting practice can seem like a daunting task, with too few hours in the day, too many petty management issues, and problems accountants at Big Four and similar large accounting firms don't seem to face. The E-MythAccountant offers you a clear road map to create a business that's self sufficient, growing, and highly profitable. Take your practice to levels you didn't think possible with this unique guide!--This text refers to the Hardcover edition.