5.0 out of 5 stars Great message for kids and beautiful illustrations
A child makes friends with the earth and its creatures. When the earth gets sad because of trash and pollution, the child cleans up the garbage and makes the earth happy. The beautiful color illustrations captivated my daughter before she was one. Now it is still a favorite of hers, and she knows the words by heart and makes observations about the story.
Published on August 22, 1999

2.0 out of 5 stars It's not great. The pictures are fun for adults and boring ...
It's not great. The pictures are fun for adults and boring for kids. The text is nice and ecological but there is nothing to interest a child.
Published 2 months ago by Arie Farnam

5.0 out of 5 stars Great message for kids and beautiful illustrations, August 22, 1999
By A Customer
This review is from: The Earth and I (Hardcover)

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this book - beautiful story & pictures, December 5, 2009
This review is from: The Earth and I (Paperback)
What a wonderful story and the pictures are beautiful. I love to share this with my students. The kids love he pictures.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great even for little ones, December 6, 2000
This review is from: The Earth and I (Hardcover)
I got this book from the library for my 2 year old and he loves it! The illustrations are wonderfully colorful and eyecatching, instantly holding his attention. He wants me to read it over and over. I know this book is meant for kids a little older but the message is great for even the littlest children! Exellent!

4.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful art, January 9, 2011
This review is from: The Earth and I (Paperback)
Frank Asch is an amazing artist, and his varied work in children's books grab your attention and imagination. His stories are sweet and carry a mild message, but never feel lesson-y. They make excellent bedtime reading for younger children, and have been heavily requested at our house. The pictures are amazingly beautiful, with vibrant colors, especially in this book. An especially good choice for very visual children!

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful book, May 23, 2010
This review is from: The Earth and I (Paperback)
Book was gorgeous and children loved the pictures. I am working on going "green" in my classroom. Books like this one help children to appreciate our planet!

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful Book!, May 19, 2014
This review is from: The Earth and I (Paperback)
This is a beautifully written book and easy for the kids to read. It has a beautiful story line as well! Excellent!

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for Young Audience, December 8, 2013
This review is from: The Earth and I (Paperback)
Bought this book for my preschool class to reiterate our themes of recycling and taking care of our earth. Both the story and nature of the illustrations are perfect for three and four year olds!

5.0 out of 5 stars Enchanting!, September 16, 2013
This review is from: The Earth and I (Paperback)
The Earth and I comes to life with it’s vibrant colors and whimsical adventure. This adorable story introduces little readers to mother earth. Each illustration is a story in itself, paving the way for your child to ask questions as they behold the wonders they see. The Earth and I provides charming examples of how children and the earth are connected, clearly emphasizing the importance of the bond. Happy earth, happy child. My child explored the pages noting unique details on the pages. The rich illustrations spoke to him as well as the story that unfolded. It made an impact on him as he continued to discuss the book for days afterwards, recalling what he had read in the book with the world around him. I highly recommend this book and look forward to reading the next book by Frank Asch called Water.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice for earth day, May 11, 2013
Carolyn Wilhelm (Grand Marais, MN) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Earth and I (Paperback)
This is nice to have on hand for earth day as the boy has a relationship with the earth, and they help each other. Pre k through grade one

5.0 out of 5 stars Our Earth for you and me!!!, April 12, 2013
This review is from: The Earth and I (Paperback)
Children like this book a lot, all the pictures are very colorful and good for their age group, thanks a lot!!!

The Earth and I
The Earth and I by Frank Asch (Paperback - March 1, 2008)
$7.00