5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Introducion
Published on December 13, 1999

1.0 out of 5 stars Non-technical, entry-level solar electric book for beginners
Published on August 24, 2000 by Neil Milani

1.0 out of 5 stars Non-technical, entry-level solar electric book for beginners, August 24, 2000
Neil Milani (Raleigh, NC United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Easy Guide to Solar Electric (Paperback)
I'm a technically-oriented, DIY person and I was looking for a solar electric book to help me with my small-scale, residential installation. I already have most of the background on photovoltaic systems and needed more of a "Here's-how-you-do-it" book. Although amusing and easily read, I found this book useful for someone who is starting to think about solar power and needs a light hand to make them feel more at ease about what a system will and will not do. This is not a book for someone needing a DIY guide or a "How-to" manual. It's not a bad book - just not useful for my needs.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Introducion, December 13, 1999
This review is from: The Easy Guide to Solar Electric (Paperback)
I am a builder and owner of the Natural House. I reviewed Mr. Piepers book and found it an excellent introduction for entry level solar customers. My electrician says: "finally a book not clutterd with useless and too detailed information". Personally I like the humor in this book and give the book as a present to every home owner I build a house for. Thank you Mr. Pieper for the excellent work!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good book for novices - like me!, June 8, 2005
blbkwrm (Midwest USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Easy Guide to Solar Electric (Paperback)
This book is silly and that is what helps me past the confusion of amps and watts and volts and cables. This is my most recent education in electrical engineering since fifth grade (and fixing some lamps and switches) and I am so glad I got this book and the installation manual.

Want to avoid mistakes. Some people may not like silly stories and humorous nonfiction. But for some of us, the humor both is illustrative, gives time to digest the technical ideas.

Great beginning book, does not scare me away from solar electric and that's exactly what I hoped for.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best solar book for beginners and very informative!, November 5, 1999
This review is from: The Easy Guide to Solar Electric (Paperback)
This is by far the best solar book I have read for the common person. Mr. Pieper clearly knows his field and presents the information in a fun and whimsical way. In the past I've gotten lost or bored within a couple of pages, but not in this case. I highly recommend this book if you are new to solar electricity.

3.0 out of 5 stars good book for interface solar cells with auxilary equip, March 18, 2000
This review is from: The Easy Guide to Solar Electric (Paperback)
good book for understanding specifying wiring, inverters, batteries, etc., but limited in regards to information about solar cells themselves--only about 2 pages out of 200 plus one page listing addresses and phone #'s of solar distributors.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, Helpful book about Solar., November 19, 1999
This review is from: The Easy Guide to Solar Electric (Paperback)
My husband and I have always wanted to supplement our electricity with solar - and do it ourselves. It's been impossible to find a book that explains things simply and thoroughly. The Easy Guide to Solar Electric does this. Thanks, Adi.
Sincerely, Rina Hurwitz

5.0 out of 5 stars Very easy, informative book about solar, November 8, 1999
This review is from: The Easy Guide to Solar Electric (Paperback)
This informative book approaches solar in an intuitive way. The technical parts are presented in the layperson's language. After reading this book, I feel I have a much more solid foundation about solar.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Entry Level Book, November 12, 2000
This review is from: The Easy Guide to Solar Electric (Paperback)
I am not technically inclined and was long waiting to hear about some book that explains solar energy in simple language. I finally found it. And even though it is technically not a How To book it is in a sence that once you understand the concept of solar electric you can use common sense to figure out the practical side of things. Besides this book is more important in a sense that it promotes Solar Energy. With only 50 years of oil reserve left and the rising prices on oil and gas it opens up this alternative energy to many people. The author explains well why it is so important for us and future generations to go solar. I highly recommand this book to everybody. It is an eye opener. Thank you Adi Pieper

2.0 out of 5 stars Not Great, December 8, 1999
DAVE (Connecticut) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Easy Guide to Solar Electric (Paperback)
The author tries to use a silly sense of humor to inform readers about electricity and solar power, but I found his sense of humor overbearing and much in the way of getting across important info. The book could easily have been more informative in half the number of pages.

The Easy Guide to Solar Electric
The Easy Guide to Solar Electric by Adi Pieper (Paperback - August 30, 1999)
Used & New from: $3.80