Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon King easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Valentine's Day Cards Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now SnS

Showing 1-4 of 4 reviews(3 star). Show all reviews
on September 3, 2011
Because the book's subtitle refers to a "Plan" for a garden, I expected something a wee bit more practical. But that's just me . . . . I'm an engineer, not an artist. But what gardener wouldn't love to gaze at the gorgeous photographs in this book and imagine "what if"?

I enjoyed using the book's photographs to dream about what my edible front yard might look like if I had buckets of money, plus more tillable land than my modest urban property provides. In my neighborhood, an edible front yard might consist of Swiss chard and an eggplant growing in place of the grass normally found in a 2-foot wide boulevard between the sidewalk and the street.

The landscaping photos are beautiful, showing me what I could have if only I lived on a larger lot (suburbs, maybe?) and had the wealth to hire a landscape architect and a good contractor. But heck, there's no harm in dreaming, is there? This book makes the dreaming even more beautiful.
22 comments37 of 39 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 2, 2012
Good pictures, fair insight, little guidance. I would have liked more detail on how to make a front yard garden happen.
I purchased this book thinking it would be able to give me plans on how to design an edible front yard. Well no so much. That was a disappointment. However the book has provided valuable tips on how to care for your garden and suggestions on how to grow various types of plants.
So the book is a good gardening resource but not really a "Plan" like the title indicates.
on March 4, 2015
Only applicable to west coast. Northeast and Southeast residents should not bother with this book.