5.0 out of 5 stars Lots-o-fun Repackaged
I'd like to start by saying I love the game itself. I'd played through it multiple times, ending up lending my disc to an ex and never getting it back. And when I saw this edition come up for sale, I pre-ordered and purchased it immediately.

Pro's -
The Steel Case with slipcover
Comes with Knights of the Nine & Shivering Isles
The Cyrodiil...
Published on July 12, 2011 by Rachel Leigh

2.0 out of 5 stars Don't be fooled
So, first of all, I am an avid Elder Scrolls fan and have enjoyed this game for the whole 5 years. There is only a few reasons I purchased this game in the first place. The main reason being the "$10 off coupon." I am sure everyone knows what a coupon is. Not Bethesda or whomevers idea this was. It is a mail in rebate which you receive a $10 dollar prepaid Visa card. Not...
Published on July 21, 2011 by BenTrink

5.0 out of 5 stars Lots-o-fun Repackaged, July 12, 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion - 5th Anniversary Edition - Xbox 360 (Video Game)

Pro's -
The Steel Case with slipcover
Comes with Knights of the Nine & Shivering Isles
The Cyrodiil Map
The "Making Of" disc

Con's -
Its basically the Game of the Year and original collectors edition put together
The coupon for Skyrim inside is a mail-in rebate

Beyond that, I don't see any cons. Though it does feel like the same edition, I'm loving the sleek new look to the case.
However; my biggest issue with this was the Skyrim coupon. It promises 10 dollars off a purchase of Skyrim, but you also have to buy the guide, AND you have to buy it for 59.99...so the price here on amazon for Skyrim (Right now being: $54.54) would not qualify at all for this coupon. This I believe was the biggest drawback to this collection.

Finally; if you're a huge oblivion fan, this would be a great edition to own. Also, if you've never played oblivion to begin with than its also a great edition as it comes with DLC, the map, and what not. Oblivion is an amazing game, and all in all; I'm happy that I bought this edition.

5.0 out of 5 stars Epic game, good deal, October 13, 2011
This game is amazing.

This anniversary pack comes with an actual physical map of the main world and Shivering Isles and a general instruction booklet. But more importantly the game comes with the Shivering Isles and the Knights of the Nine expansion packs. If you consider the price of the original game and then buying those 2 expansions separately, you'll see that buying this 5th anniversary edition which includes those 2 expansions is a much better deal.

Installing the expansions is really easy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Years In, Still As Good, July 12, 2011
S. Robison (West Virginia) - See all my reviews
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
The next installment in the Elder Scrolls series, Skyrim, is due to be released in the Fall of 2011. That being said, it's no reason not to buy this title if you haven't already done so. Oblivion is fairly straightforward as a premise, with hellish creatures invading the world as your main quest. What makes this game amazing, however, is that you get to pick from so many races, types/styles of combat, and side quests along with the main quest. Each fighting style has its own advantages/disadvantages, as does every race, and the game itself will take hours to complete, especially with the various sidequests and the addition of the Shivering Isles/Nine expansion. The scenery is amazing, and the realm is expansive. I've played through the game with many different characters, and it never gets old, for me. Best of all, as this is single-player, you don't have to play a monthly fee as with WoW. Following, I've attempted to list the various main sidequests and races of the game:

Guild Sidequests:
-Mage's Guild (personal favorite)
-Thieves Guild

-Khajit
-Nord
-Orc
-Redguard

All-in-all, this is a fantasy classic. Don't hesitate to buy it for PC or 360, especially considering the reduced price! Elder Scrolls is, hands down, the best first-person open-ended fantasy in the business. With this particular edition, not only do you receive a map of the game area, but, as mentioned, you get the two additional expansions and a bonus disk of informational content. This game has not changed, then, in years, but it still remains one of the greatest of the fantasy genre!

4.0 out of 5 stars Oblivion., January 5, 2012
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This game is worth buying and trying out before Skyrim! It's graphics aren't as high-end as Skyrim, so you might be disappointed with this game if you have already played Skyrim.

The reason I didn't give it 5 stars is because one of it's great aspects kind of became an annoyance for me. The freedom to do whatever you want is there, but it felt like there were too many things that I could do. I couldn't really get a sense of what I was really supposed to be doing with the main quest. I like freedom, but I also like games with a little more structure to it. It's one of those game where you'd rather play with a player's guide.

4.0 out of 5 stars great game, August 9, 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I love RPGs, I love non-online RPGs that let you make my own charater and I'm aloud to abandon the story line and just travel the land and collect treasures. Oblivion is a game that has just that, though when it first came out it had bugs and glitches that threaten the game play. The company makes up for it by bringing the game out with the new patches added to it as well as the expantion packs, like the 5th Anniversary to fix them. For me, logging onto the internet with my 360 to get those patches is just too much of a hassel.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Value for an Awesome Product!!, August 22, 2011
-Gameplay-

Oblivion and all of it's expansions will provide you with 100 or more hours of RPGing. This game has an insane amount of depth, and ground-breaking graphics for its time (2006).

-5th Anniversary Edition-

This is THE best deal Bethesda has made on this game so far. If you are an Elder Scrolls fan, this is almost a necessity. The game comes in a bad@ss metal case with daedric carvings on it, and there is a really cool color poster of Tamriel and the Shivering Isles. For $30, this is a bargain deal. Keep in mind the first collector's edition that was released for this game was $70 (excluding all the expansions)!

IMPORTANT NOTES:

*Keep in mind this version has Oblivion, Knights of the Nine, and the Shivering Isles included in it--NOT THE REST OF THE DLC (horse armor, mage's tower, orrery, etc.)\
*The $10 off your purchase of Skyrim INCLUDES the purchase of the strategy guide. A good deal only if you had planned on buying the guide in the first place.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fresh and ready to go!, October 3, 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Wow amazon You did a good job impressing me! I couldn't find hid game on gamestop.com so I looked here upon a friends reques and found it.on top of that it came out to be cheaper and I got it in only one day!not only is this game amazing but I'm going to continue my online shopping here.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nerd for life, September 7, 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Love this game. The game is very expansive and there are lots of options to keep the game interesting. The bonus content was quick and easy to install and though it has it's minor issues, overall it is a great game.

5.0 out of 5 stars Totally Woth it!, July 24, 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I had rented Oblivion a few months ago and enjoyed it. I had learned that the 5th anniversary was coming out so i waited to buy it. This is PHENOMENAL deal. The DLC is worth about $30 alone, the games is worth about $20, the making of dvd, map and steel book are very, very nice additions. You also receive a rebate for skyrim, you get $10 back, but you need to buy the strategy guide. Even though thus game is 5 years old it is very fun.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Graphics, November 19, 2013
My son loves this game and plays with friends.

Great graphics and interesting story line to follow for a challenging video adventure.

Of course like all video games we like to limit our kids. This is one game that has kept his attention sometimes too long we have to intervene to make sure the homework is done.

The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion - 5th Anniversary Edition - Xbox 360