5.0 out of 5 stars Skyrim . . . A Newbie Perspective
First, let me just say that I'm over 50 years of age. I say that because I know there's a lot of folks that grew up in my era with kids that sucked them into playing video games. My kids are now 24 and 28, and have been trying to get me to play Skyrim since it's release. I've been playing for about a month now.

What it's Like
Skyrim (for those who...
Published 8 months ago by dommino

3.0 out of 5 stars Let's play the lag and loading screen game!
Sounds fun doesn't it?
I bought this game reluctantly, hoping that after the game had been out for quite some time, that all of the problems the original PS3 version had been fixed. Nope. Well, it seems like my experience was a little better than others' back then, but at the same time, I felt like I was only playing the game for half the time I was on it...
Published 10 months ago by Arseface

5.0 out of 5 stars Skyrim . . . A Newbie Perspective, November 20, 2013
This review is from: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Legendary Edition - Playstation 3 (Video Game)

What it's Like
Skyrim (for those who haven't played this type of game) is a free-roaming open world game where you play in virtually any style you like. There are "main" quest lines that help the game progress, but you can easily spend hours doing little side quests, exploring, mining, gathering, hunting and simply immersing yourself in the world of Skyrim. If you played any of the Fallout games, the mechanics are very similar. The realism of the graphics and the first (or 3rd) person game play is quite compelling.

Controls
I've been a PS3 gamer for almost 2 months now (hold your applause till the end please!). The controls were relatively simple for me to pick up. They made sense and only took a few beginner-mode quests to get the hang of it. There are multiple menus to navigate (like the Fallout series), but that's what comes with a very expansive and versatile experience like Skyrim. Your character moves with the left stick, while you adjust your view angle with the right. It's relatively simple once you get the hang of it. Pushing down on the right controller arm changes your perspective from first person (you see from your characters perspective) to 3rd person (you see from behind your character). Overall, controls are extremely similar to Fallout.

Game Play
This is a massive storyline that will keep you glued to the couch for longer than you should be. If you have things you need to get done, don't turn this game on. The game goes to great lengths to pull you into multiple story lines, rewarding you for each of the paths you follow. Your play style is completely up to you in Skyrim. You have an extremely versatile skill assignment tree that lets you buff your health, stamina, magic, crafting, potion, spell casting and many other areas of your character development. You can literally play this game in dozens of character configurations. I've been running through buffing my ranged and defensive skills, while letting my mercenary carry all my heavy stuff and tank for me. (oh yea. You get mercenaries to carry all your loot. . . also, did i mention loot?). You can easily craft a mage, a tank, a stealth back-stabbing rogue, an archer or any other character (or combination thereof). In short, the game play is extremely compelling and fun. It's both rewarding and well thought out.

Crafting
As with other games (like World of Warcraft), the crafting requires materials. You can easily gather materials from mining, hunting and gathering. Unlike many titles, Skyrim doesn't make you pick a specific gathering skill. You can collect plants for potions, leather for clothes and armor, and minerals and ore for heavier armor and weapons. Skills are honed by creating items. The more you create in a school (potions, weapons, armor) the more you level up that school. Materials of all types are plentiful and crafting is a fun distraction that can easily be woven into your pursuit of questing initiatives.

The World
Skyrim is a vast world where you encounter many major cities, small towns, vast amounts of engaging NPCs (non-player characters) and a variety of critters, trolls, wildlife and of course Dragons. The free-roaming play style lets you engage the world as you'd like. Spending time on the specifics of the game that you find to your liking. Each town has multiple opportunities to quest, gain faction, establish your character reputation and to simply explore and enjoy. I can't honestly say how vast the world is because I've been playing it for weeks now, and still have a full quest log. There's much to do in the world of Skyrim.

Good Guy or Bad Guy?
Much like Fallout, you get to pick how your characters personality evolves. You can choose to steal, murder and pillage. Naturally these choices come with bounties and other consequences one would expect when they don't play nice. Or you can choose to be helpful, kind and honorable. Both fine choices and lead to varying alternatives throughout the game. This aspect alone lends itself to the replay value of Skyrim. Hone your persuasion skillls and experience different dialog and outcomes based on your ability to convince others.

Werewolves and Vampires?
Yep. You can turn into a werewolf and/or a vampire and play in that fashion if you'd like. You start as a live character, but can easily (and accidentally) get vampirism from the bite of a vampire. If you don't cure it, you develop an entirely new skill set, along with a peculiar taste for human blood. Yet another avenue that you can follow in Skyrim if it suits your play style. Don't want to be one, no sweat. There's a cure. It took me hours to figure it out and get cured, but the entire process was fun!

A House, a wife and a couple of kids?
Skyrim lets you buy houses in the major towns, provided you've got the cash and have met the prerequisites for these purchases. Buying a house is pretty much a necessity if you plan to continue to explore dungeons and reap the fat loot rewards. You'll need somewhere to store your stuff. Once you have a house, you can choose to marry (a wife or husband) and even adopt a few kids. Skyrim is an extremely engaging experience.

A bit of a negative, but tolerable
The load times on this game (as others have reported) are somewhat lengthy. It could easily take 60 seconds or longer to engage in a save or a load, so keep that in mind when you play. I also (highly) recommend saving your progress often. I bought my first horse after a struggle to acquire the 1000 gold required to do so. Shortly thereafter, he was killed by a bear. Realizing I hadn't saved since mid-way through a dungeon, I had to repeat 2 hours of play to once again buy my horse. Save early and save often. Oh, and if you "lose" your horse (misplace him or he runs off), don't worry. Just fast travel to the next town. He'll be waiting by the stable if you didn't kill him.

Replay Value
I see this title being on my replay list for quite some time. The storyline is engaging, the NPCs are fun and well thought out. The voice acting is great and the side quests will keep you busy for days. The ability to shape your character in any way you'd like, coupled with the depth of the story and the massive amounts of quests makes this title repayable. I will spin other characters to try other play styles and wander through the world of Skyrim many more times. Oh, and the music is great.

TL;DR (too long, didn't read)
Skyrim is fun, engaging and epic from an adventure standpoint. Character customization is virtually limiteless, and only bound by the selections you make. You pick your playstyle, you pick your talents, you pick your journeys and the storyline will help you find a destination. This title is a keeper. I hope you all enjoy it as much as I do. I should have bought it years ago when my kids told me "Dad. .you gotta play Skyrim!"

dom

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally, all the D.L.C. comes to Playstation, June 23, 2013
As a game by itself, Skyrim is an epic Action RPG with one of the most richly details words on videogame history. But the key point of the Legendary Edition for the Playstation 3 is that PS3 users finally have access to all of the Downloadable Content that was only released for the X-Box360 Consuls. This are the Dawnguard, Hearthfire and Dragonborn editions. All three are loaded into the game by 1, so you can add as much as you want when you want. Also, the latest "Patches" are also installed automatically (programming upgrades that fixed many of the bugs found in the original game) so things run a lot smoother.
Specific Information: Dawnguard is a new storyline about the reformation of a famous clan of Vampire Hunters and their struggle against a growing Vampire invasion and attempted conquest of the world. You can join either side and change the shape of the game. This gets you a host of new weapons (featuring the Crossbow) armor and Followers, including Armored Trolls, war Huskys and Hell Hounds as well as the chance to become an even more powerful form of vampire. (Even having access to perks for being a Vampire or Werewolf) Hearthfire is literally very close to home. You have the ability to Build your own properties literally from the ground up. The original game included locations you could purchase to live in, either by progressing in the Civil War Storyline or becoming a Thane in the five major Holds of Skyrim. Hearthfire allows you to buy and develop different plots of land form 3 of the four holds you could formerly not but property from (Only Winterhold has nothing to offer you but you still have a bed at the Mage's College). These new properties can be build upon using new materials designed just for building, you can mine for Clay and Quarried Stone and buy logs from Saw Mills, to build humble dwellings for 1 or giant halls each with three wings, an entranceway and a dug out cellar. If you have the materials; you can customize you mansions with a large selection of decorations, containers, furniture, crafting stations (The cellar can be turned into a Full Blackmith station, with Forge, Grindstone, Workbench, Tanning Rack and a Smelter). You can also hire Stewards to buy animals, hire a bard for your property, a horse, carriage and do other various tasks. Hearthfire also adds the ability to adopt children. You can adopt the kids from Honorhall Orphanage after assassinating Grelod the "Kind" or you can adopt some of the various orphans found wandering the streets of certain cities. Finally Dragonborn adds another impressive quest surrounding a Cult that worships another as the Dragonborn and believe your some sort of fluke and do everything in their power to exterminate you in preparation for the true coming of the Nordic Legend. Even travel back to the cursed island outside of Morrowind. All in all, if you have Skyrim for the Ps3 and yearn for all the bonuses the X-Box had, this is your chance to get them.
If you never played Skyrim before, please start right here with all the above extras plus all the amazing content in the original: Seek your true destiny as the Dragonborn, a legendary figure who can take the souls of vanquished Dragons and use their powers. Delve into the darkness of the assassin group, the Dark Brotherhood and try to survive their life or death contract killings and the power struggle between the followers of the Brootherhood's ancient ways and those following the power hungry Astrid, bent on ruling it with an iron fist rather then bothering with tradition. Join up with the Thieve's Guild and make coin the less-then honest way while uncovering a conspiracy that proves there is no honor among thieves. Enroll in the Mage's College of Winterhold and perfect your magical abilities and rid the school of a corrupt interloper. Or become one of the Companions, the greatest brotherhood of warriors throughout Tamriel and fight for honor glory and your Shield Brothers and Sisters. Choose to obey or refute the dark gods of the realm of Oblivion, earning the respect or ire of the Daedric Princes. And of course, save the world from the ongrowing threat of the most awesome forces to ever threaten the world of Tamriel; The Eater of Worlds, Alduin the Dragon lord. If your not already a fan of the game or the series, this is the perfect place to start, while longtime veterans would probably regret not getting the full experience. However, it IS very pricey for the DLC but most die hard Elder Scrolls Lovers will probably feel it's worth it, especially because you can't just download the updates from the internet. And those who have no ability to connect their PS3 to the internet (there seems to be a lot of people like that, including me) this physical disc is the only way to access these extras.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this game!, September 20, 2013
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I have a lot to say about this game! I checked out reviews before I bought it, looked at the ratings people left for it and decided to get the legendary edition since it had the extra DLC included. I have played over 60 hours so far and have a lot of trouble quitting once I start playing. I wanted to write a review that goes over different aspects of the game for someone that is a hardcore gamer like me. I also wanted to note that I used to play World of Warcraft years ago and the things I like about Skyrim are that it reminds me of WOW in that I get lost in the game but I like that I don't have to deal with other players and I can also play it without having to log in every day.

-Graphics
When I first started playing the game, (I am not going to be giving away any spoilers) I was so distracted by how real the graphics looked that I almost missed part of the dialogue. Everything from the dragons to other characters and the cities looks real, so it's easy to become immersed in the game's world. I used to be able to play for 8 hours in a day and now I just get to play about 2-3 hours if I'm lucky since I'm married. I had a day off of work where I played for 6 hours (not straight) and I still wanted to play more. So basically, the graphics are awesome and you can interact with almost anything in the game, I will talk about that later when I get into the controls.

-Sound
One of my favorite things about the game is the music that changes when you encounter animals/people that want to kill you or a dragon flies overhead. That's another fun thing, the dragons will drop out of the sky out of nowhere to kill you, it's very distracting when you're on a quest but also fun. The characters all have voices that you have to listen to, even though you can change it so there are subtitles. One thing I am not crazy about is that all the guards seem to sound the same no matter where you go. You would think that guards on opposite sides of the map would have different accents just like people from different parts of the country in the U.S.

-Gameplay
I think I have talked about a lot of the gameplay stuff already but there are a few more things I want to mention. Quests are fun and the game has a system where you can mark which quests you want to do and display on the map where to go to do it. The game comes with a map in the case but I realized after I played a while that you don't need it and it only shows the major cities/towns on it. I also think it's fun when guards or people in towns will tell you about a monster they saw or someplace to investigate and your map will show the location. It's hard not to race off to check it out right away. Also, I play a mage and it's cool that you can either hire people to help you out or have someone become your housecarl (I call them my slave >=) ) and fight the enemies for you while you stand back and cast spells. I have already been through a horse and a lady named Lydia that becomes your housecarl when you become the Thane of whiterun (it's like an honorary title.)

-Controls
I like the controls in the game, how you can assign different spells or weapons to each hand and also the favorite menu. That is just something where you can use the old school directional pad to assign spells, weapons or scrolls for quick access during a fight. The game will pause while you pick out the right spell/weapon. It would be nice if there was a hot button option like on a keyboard but that's one of the limitations of playing on a PS3 compared to a PC. I am on a PC all day at my job so I don't like to be on one when I come home. I also want to mention that you can pick up food, plates/cups, loot a whole treasure chest or pick and choose your items, and sit on benches or chairs throughout the game. You can also steal which will get you a bounty if someone sees you I think. I try to be a good law-abiding citizen and avoid jail so I am not sure of what constitutes a higher bounty.

-Monsters/enemies
There are a whole range of bad guys/things in the game from wolves and bears to various undead, machines and of course humans that want to kill you. I like the variety of enemies in the game and think they did a good job of creating them. You will be randomly walking along and be attacked by a bear/saber cat and with myself being a mage, I will be killed in two hits. It helps to have a helper/tank along with you to focus the enemy's attention. And then there are the dragons, my heart always beats faster when one of them swoops out of the sky. You bascially fight it, absorb it's soul, then can use dragon souls to unlock shouts, which are special abilities that let you do things like freeze enemies solid or use a burst of speed. You have to find the walls with the dragon writing on them to learn a shout though, even though you might not be able to use it at the time. Ok, now I'm getting distracted, I also want to say that the AI in the game is pretty good, if you are using cover the enemies will come and get you, and the dragons will circle around until they find a good landing spot and try to fry/freeze you with their breath or lumber over to you to try to bite you.

-Crafting/collecting
One of things that I can do for hours in the game is crafting. There is smithing, alchemy, enchanting and cooking. I haven't gotten into cooking at all as it seems kind of pointless, but alchemy is good for creating potions that you can either sell or use, enchanting is a good way to make your weapons/armor stronger and smithing is a good way to make money or create better armor for yourself instead of waiting to find it in a treasure chest or buying it. I wanted to mention collecting too because you will spend a lot of time doing that if you take up alchemy. The shops have a limited inventory and there are plenty of ingredients to collect in the game. Also for smithing it's easier to go and mine ore instead of buying it at the shops. I am a cheapskate so I never want to spend any money, and the adventure of finding a mine or collecting ingredients is fun and you will often discover places you didn't know existed. Crafting will increase your level in the game too but I try to keep a balance between that and adventuring.

-Skills
There is something called skills in the game and they are basically things that you choose to level up every time you increase in level. There are a whole bunch and I'm not going to list them here, but they do everything from allowing you to cast versions of more powerful spells, to being able to create better armor, to being able to create better versions of potions/enchantments. You also get to choose to level up magicka(mana), health or stamina every time you level.

-Leveling system
Not much to say about this, except I think it's a neat idea that not just adventuring gets you experience, if you get a crafting skill or a magic/weapon skill to the next level, your experience bar will go up. Sometimes you can level up while you are smithing. Also, there are books that will increase your level in a particular magic/skill, like destruction magic or one-handed weapons. This is an interesting idea and it adds something else to the game since you want to find all the books you can and read them once you discover this.

-Glitches/saving issues
I had read a lot of people's reviews from when the game first came out and that's why I got the legendary edition, to make sure all the bugs had been worked out. I have logged over 60 hours and only noticed a couple things: one time I jumped and was floating but I fixed it when I jumped again, and another time a cow was glitching up and down really fast until I got close to it. Other than that, I haven't seen ONE THING WRONG with the game. I will come back and provide an update when I have more hours logged but on my PS3 it runs beautifully and it might be the game I got or the ps3 I have (I got the 120 GB one in 2009), but I have no problems. One thing I do want to mention that might have made a difference is I turned off the autosave feature because I read that this causes problems. The only problem I have now is sometimes I will get killed and lose the last half hour of play time so I make sure to save whenever I enter a town or before a big fight.

In conclusion, I could talk about this game forever as you have seen. I love it and have a lot of trouble with not wanting to play it all the time. I am 33 and have been playing games for over 20 years and haven't been so addicted to a game in a long time. If you are looking for a good game and you like fantasy or adventure games like me, I would highly recommend this one! I haven't even touched the add ons yet that come with the game but I will write an update once I have a lot more hours logged in the game to comment on the expansions and also if I see any glitches. I hope this review helped!

*********UPDATE**************************
I have now played the game over 120 hours and still have a lot to do. I played some of the expansions like Hearthfire but haven't touched Dragonborn or Dawnguard yet. One of the things I forgot to mention is I turned off auto-saving early on because I heard this causes issues. I still haven't had any major bugs in the game this far in and my save file is now over 8MB. Hearthfire is really cool, you can buy a plot of land and build your own house, and you have different options on how you want to expand it. You have to obtain raw materials which has you running back and forth to buy straw or glass to make beds, display cases and other things to put in your house, it doesn't come fully furnished. Also I started the companions quest and am now a werewolf, you can be either a vampire or werewolf in the game. Being a mage, I usually get killed in a couple hits but I can turn into a wolf and tear through enemies which is really fun, but you can only do it once a day. I am going to be lending the game to a friend and getting assassin's creed 3 in return as I feel I need a break from the game for now, but I just wanted to provide a quick update and feel that the game still deserves 5 stars!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Legendery compatability with previous Save Files, June 7, 2013
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I have not purchased this version yet because I have spent hours laboring in the original and was leary about losing my save files. Rest assured for anyone that is looking to procure the DLC on disk your original is supposed to be compatible with this. Below is the letter from Bethesda:

The DLC for Skyrim was released on the PSN in February. The Legendary Edition is compatible with your current saves, so you'll be able to enjoy the DLC either way you decide to purchase it!

Hope this helps out anyone who is on the fence about buying this terrific game!

3.0 out of 5 stars Let's play the lag and loading screen game!, September 20, 2013
Arseface (Marysville, Washington) - See all my reviews
Sounds fun doesn't it?

The loading times in this game are very patience-testing, and I'm a pretty patient person. They were tolerable the first ten hours of gameplay or so. After that, I started to experience frame rate drops every now and then. After about 30 hours in, it started to freeze.

You see, I could tolerate the loading times if that was the only problem. However, the game takes a very long time just to start up. To go from PS3 menu to playing the game takes more than a minute. That's too long to begin with. When my game starts to lag, it requires at least a soft reset just to get it working properly again. That means I have to wait for the entire startup process again. Or, if it freezes entirely, then I'm forced to hard reset, which makes me wait for startup again, AND this could potentially damage my system. This problem existed in the original PS3 edition and still exists with this updated one. Be aware of this before you buy.

So, the main question is this: despite all of that, is it worth buying for the PS3 at all? Well, if that is your only option, then yes. However, it is certainly NOT worth the $60 price tag. Get it cheap, wait it out. It will be worth it then.

With that out of the way, how does the game itself fare? Excellently. On the PS3, many other glitches seem to have been fixed. I have not encountered any backwards-flying dragons or anything similar that other people reported in the past.

This game is HUGE. Not only that, it is a major improvement over Oblivion, a game that was also fun, but extremely unbalanced. This is not so in Skyrim. Skills and leveling up are more streamlined, which many people have criticized the game over, but they work rather well. No longer do you have to worry about grinding your skills to max out your level-ups like you had to in Morrowind and Oblivion. Granted, if you choose to level up via non-combat skills, be prepared for a tough ride when doing quests. The game, while set to the default moderate difficulty setting, is pretty fair and balanced. It's not too easy or too difficult, and I recommend playing on this setting if you are just starting for the first time. You will die more than once for sure, but the game's autosave feature prevents you from losing too much time.

The game's presentation is great overall. The graphics are fantastic, and make you feel you are a part of the world. The music is also great, although there are not enough tracks to fill the time you will spend playing this game. Oblivion and Morrowind were the same: many of the songs you hear, you will hear MANY times. Voice acting is vastly improved over Oblivion, and for the most part, is believable and even engaging sometimes. Quests are more interesting this time around too, since they are all unique and have their own plots, characters, etc. Guild quests in particular are very engaging, especially the Thieves' Guild, due to their questlines having progressive stories to tell. Secrets, mysteries, lore, it's all over the place for you to enjoy.

There is one caveat regarding the gameplay though: the menu interface. Like Oblivion, very little is displayed in each section and a massive amount of scrolling is necessary to find certain items, or just to figure out what effects are being applied to your character. To add to this, all text in the game is very, very tiny and difficult to read if you have poor eyesight or are using an old TV. I played through the game on an old TV, and much of the text that appears in the upper-left corner is cut off, but it doesn't matter because the text is too small and blurry to read anyway. Unlike Oblivion, the map is a 3D rough render of the entire country of Skyrim, which is unnecessary- it lags, and it's less engaging than looking at a map anyway. Local maps are boring, and some (multi-layered caves in particular) are difficult to decipher because they use only two colors- black and white- making them look like a jagged mess of scribbles. I preferred Oblivion's maps over Skyrim's (and even Morrowind's) because they were more engaging and less laggy, though they weren't perfect either. The skills interface is pretty to look at, but it also lagged for me, especially after I had racked up many hours of play time (but to be fair, everything was laggy then).

In conclusion, the game itself would get 5 stars (despite the interface) if not for all the issues I faced while playing it. It has, and probably will forever have, too many technical problems on the PS3. The XBOX360 version fares much better than this one. I have not tried the PC version, but if you have a good PC, get that because you can add unofficial patches to the game if you have problems, as well as fun mods to enhance your playing experience.

5.0 out of 5 stars So big a world, SO much to do... The Dragonborn has arrived., September 11, 2013
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Well, I don't write many in depth reviews but Skyrim deserves it.
Been playing RPGs since I was 10 years old and bought FFI and fell in love with the Final Fantasy series.
I never played Elder Scrolls IV, so my first introduction to Bethesda was Fallout 3. It took me a few days of play but after I started getting the hang of the game, I thought it was amazing. It was such a great mix of RPG with real time fighting. Fallout New Vegas was pretty good, but nothing really exciting to get your brain dancing like it did when I first played Fallout 3.
So, with 350 hours of gameplay I still come back to play Skyrim again and again.
Like I said, I loved Fallout but Skyrim obliterates its. So glad I played Fallout before Skyrim.
The reason I keep mentioning Fallout is because Skyrim plays very similar to it, and I'm glad that Bethesda didn't change the basic operation of the game. It was easy to pick up the controls after playing for only a few hours.
This game and world is massive... It feels like a huge world.

What's so special about Skyrim?
- Open world, as always lets you progress in the game however fast you want to. There are so many main missions and side missions that if you want to try and explore the world and do all of the side missions and "other things", then you have all the time in the world that you want.
-"Other things" - There are sooo many different things that you can do while you are living in Skyrim. It makes the game so much more deep and interesting. Creating weapons/armor, weapon/armor improving, magic/magic improving , alchemy, item enchanting, food making, marrying, adopting children, building houses, buying houses, joining various groups, and just plain ole exploring and finding new people, places and creatures along the way.
- If you're pretty sure your going to like this game then you have to buy the Legendary Edition.
*Dawnguard adds a lot to the main world with some pretty cool quests and new weapons and armor.
*Solstheim adds a whole new world to explore and tons of quests and new weapons, armor, and other things you won't find without the add on. Solstheim by itself is good enough reason to buy the Legendary Edition.
*Hearthfire may be my favorite thing about the whole game. Some don't seem to care, but I freaking love building your own houses and storing and displaying all your weapons and inventory. They must have been secretly listening to me over the years because this is exactly what I wanted. So there's multiple houses you can buy AND there's several houses you get to build, which I find extremely entertaining.
- Sound and Video are excellent, however if you have a beast of a PC, buying this on PC is optimal. The graphics on the PC version are really stunning, but I'm still OK with the graphics on the PS3 because I don't have a computer that can keep up with enormous graphic requirements needed by Skyrim. The sound is excellent, and they did a good job of utilizing Dolby 5.1. I can hear the dragons flying around you and the subwoofer shakes the room when a fireball explodes right in front of you or you take someone's soul. The first time I heard a Daedric Lord speak to me it was really cool because the creepy voice is projected very loudly on all 5 (or 7 like I have) speakers.

What's not so special about Skyrim?
- Load time. Takes quite a while to load each time you fast travel etc., but I guess I'm just used to it by now. I also understand that it's a freaking huge world so I can understand why it takes so long some times. There is a lot of loading in this game.
- There are some glitches I've come across, but not enough to say its really interfered too much with my experience. There's no way I would make it to 350 hours if the glitches were more impactful. The one thing that does bug me, though is that the weapons racks in your houses will sometimes glitch to where it doesn't recognize that a weapon is there or let you put one in the holder. Overall, not a big deal to me. Usually if you leave the house and come back it will recognize it then.
I remember when Skyrim came out and people were complaining that once your save file got to 8 MB it would basically glitch itself to death. Well, I passed that mark a while ago and now I'm at 12 MB and don't have any problems. BTW, I have a fat PS3 80 GB(now a 500 GB). I don't know if the fat vs slim determines glitchability but I'm throwin that out there.

Well, I could blather on more about the cool things about this game but you'll have to discover them for yourself.
Imma go slay a dragon.

3.0 out of 5 stars Fun but with a major flaw, September 11, 2013
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This is a great edition for the game especially to those who haven't actually bought the previous versions yet. There's simply so much to do in this game that you can never be bored. Sadly, what kept me from enjoying this game was the constant freezing that I've experienced throughout my in game travels. Not sure what causes it, but because of this I no longer enjoy playing it as it requires me to reboot my PS3 every time along with the required system check whenever I turn it back on. I also find the fighting a bit lackluster, as most of it is simply hacking away and aiming properly with magics or bows.

In conclusion the game is fun, but the freezing is killing my enjoyment. Not sure if this is limited to my copy of the game or if there's a PS3 setting I've neglected to check which contributes to this, but I'll have to research on this another time.

4.0 out of 5 stars As good as it CAN be on the PS3, November 13, 2013
L. J. Lowe (North Carolina) - See all my reviews
Still glitchy and laggy on PS3, but better than the first iteration. Also, a pretty good value considering all the DLC included on this disk. Undeniably, a great adventure that will eat your life.

4.0 out of 5 stars The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Legendary Edition, June 1, 2014
I've been playing this game for two months, and I'm not yet finished by any means. The world of Skyrim is enormous. The quests seem to be never ending. I love the game play and I get lost in the world of Skyrim. I can easily play this game for ten or twelve hours at a sitting without getting bored. This past weekend, the thumb on my left hand actually got sore from moving the joystick on my PS3. LOL. Those are basically the good things. The bad? Others have commented that this game is glitchy, and that's not the half of it. I have had NUMEROUS instances where the game simply froze for no reason. I have had numerous occasions where my character got stuck in a crevasse or between a piece of furniture, etc. and the only solution is to reload the game from the last save point. When the game freezes, the only thing that one can do is to hit the power button and reload the game from scratch. I know that this not recommended, but nothing else works, the game freezes so that none of the control inputs work. My advice: SAVE OFTEN, especially before facing a boss fight. Other interesting things.....I got stuck as a vampire for several days, and I had to go online to find the cure. Currently, I have a werewolf ring stuck on my hand, and there is NO solution to getting it off. I didn't complete the werewolf scenario when it was active, and now it is too late. My companion is always getting lost, and I have to go back and retrieve him. He always runs in front of me to attack enemies and I frequently kill him with an arrow. RESET. He also rushes ahead when I am in stealth mode, and alerts the enemy to my presence. LOL. Sometimes he just freezes as well, and I have to hit him with a shout to get his attention. Overall, this is a fun game and it is a long game with a tremendous amount of personalization. It is also a sandbox game, so one can do as they please. I have had so many quest arrows on the board at any given time, that I've had to cancel some of them to see what I was doing. I've lost count of the towns, caves, dungeons, castles, etc. that I've visited, and the number of dragons that I've slain. Some of the enemies are very tough, and some, such as the skeletons, are weak. I found one Nord boss brute in a fort that I had to attack at a distance with a bow and arrow and run away, or else he killed me in two hits every single time. I'm on level fifty and I have no idea when I will reach the end, I'm not even half way through the armors. So far......glitches and freezes included......I've never enjoyed a game more. I must also mention that some of the scenery in this game is amazing. The Aurora Borealis. The mountain views. The women. This game is in my top five, which includes GTAV and the Assassin Creed series.

3.0 out of 5 stars Game has a lot of potential...3 1/2 stars, due to technical issues and design choices, March 2, 2014
I don't see why anyone can really blame the load times and glitches on the hardware. I blame it on the developers lack of commitment to making a great game...um, great.
The graphics, as well as, the depth of story and faction quests are wonderful. There is actually so much historical information in the game that I have quit reading most of the books, just to save time. Many of the characters are entertaining or funny. The game map is huge. I love free-roam in games like this.
I prefer some of the battle mechanics of Amalur, but overall Skyrim works. I really, Really miss the multiple instant-loadouts of Two Worlds 2 and Final Fantasy. It's painful to have to go through so many menus and load times, just to change your "battle helmet" into your "thief helmet" when you go into a city. The "favorites" menu is no substitute for it and indeed quickly becomes unwieldy itself! They could have easily assigned that feature to the right and/or left directional pad instead of those buttons doing....(wait for it)... nothing at all.
I have no love for the over-complicated perk system, which replaces the venerable skill tree, even the triple skill tree of Amalur was much better than this, and, history proves that it does not have to be this complex and unwieldy. Change for the sake of change, I suppose. (Sorry zodiac fans, I am not impressed about obscuring the skill tree with symbols and even lagging between viewing each perk on the tree...really? It's cute for about 15 minutes....Useless and Silly design, even if it didn't lag)
I still cannot figure out why the washed-out color pallet of Assassins Creed has silently crept to so many other games. To me, it is much less immersive. It feels like watching a movie from the 60's, except for the enhanced pixel density. That is NOT why I splurged on a quad-pixel TV! (I also do not look forward the Ansel Adams calendar of the year....sorry.)

I have not had any graphics problems so far (level 40).

- As far as load times...At first, the loads and saves were a barely acceptable 18 seconds. I actually played to around level 20 before attempting any faction quests. Finally, I decided to join the Companions so I could get some more training. As soon as I got to the first Companions quest, "Dead Man's Cairn", I believe it was, the loads stretched to 30 seconds! I am now at level 40 and have the thieves guild quest line as well. Loads are running about 38 seconds (without any DLC loaded...yet.) Though, I have been told that it is about the same.
This would not be so bad, except for how often it reloads the game! If it did not lag so long just entering a silly little shop or dungeon, it would have gone a looong way to being more palatable and satisfying. Also, the required double interaction when loading a game save is needless and useless. Load game... - "ok I loaded the game".... - "do you want to play it?"..um, yeah.
I used to have a co-worker who was a musician and also liked to monkey around with computers. He used a lot of sequencer tracks when performing solo and hated having to wait for the next track to load into the sequencer. So (in 1999!) he wrote a program to load the first 10 seconds of all tracks into the sequencer ahead of time (internal memory was much smaller back then). When he selected a track, it would start IMMEDIATELY and load the rest of the sequence IN BACKGROUND over that 10 seconds, so he never had to make small talk between tracks anymore.
I don't know why the developers can't think of something like that to cut the load times down. If a musician can do it, why can't a staff of highly paid developers!?? For instance, when you enter a city or dungeon, they could separate it into quadrants and load the interiors of the 5 buildings (or rooms) nearest you in background, so if you happen to go into one of those it would fast load. But they didn't do anything like that which seems ridiculous.
Another complaint I have, besides the lack of color in this whole game, is that PS3 syncs to 720P when I play this game, I cannot figure out how to get it to run in 1080i mode. My theory is that SONY felt 720P is an "upgrade" from 1080i, to which, I disagree 95% of the time. (I love watching the Sunday races in 1080i). I think, maybe, the PS3 is looking at the 2 options it has for display and forcing me into 720 mode because it is not interlaced.
In a pastel-free slow-action game like Skyrim, this decision should really be left to the consumer to make. There are no fast moving UFOs or footballs to display in this game, so I feel the interlaced method of display should work fine and I would prefer to at least have high resolution if I can't even get color. Otherwise, they should drop the "1080i" nomenclature from the packaging material.
Does anyone have info. on when the "Skyrim - COLOR EDITION" will be released?

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Legendary Edition - Playstation 3