Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim DLC: Hearthfire [Online Game Code]
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Eli Paperboy Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on July 30, 2014
The houses are cool. The kids are... sometimes not entirely annoying. Skyrim needs boarding schools.

Overall, however, there are some significant bugs in this DLC that detract from the enjoyment.

Just one question: why on earth would anyone intentionally hire a bard for their home? I'd sooner hire a clown who's sole responsibility was to terrify me by waking me from a sound sleep on random nights with their bulbous nose inches from my face. I wouldn't want a musician I LIKE to live at my house, to say nothing of some guild-trained yahoo with a lute.
on September 25, 2014
Nice little add-on for Skyrim. There is not much in the way of gameplay added on, but it gives you a good central location to build a home base of operations. There is some flexibility in how you build the structure and it was obviously designed with the idea of building it up over time. You can remodel and change the purpose of rooms. It is somewhat generic though, and the most adventuring you will get out of it are the occasional raiders that have come to kidnap or plunder.

Although you can begin working on your 'base' early in the game if you want to, I ended up not doing much until later when I had a lot of money and was able to easily purchase the resources needed to build it up. As such, late career raiders don't present much of a challenge to destroy.
on December 6, 2015
This is what I call completely non essential but still reasonably useful enhancement DLC. You dont need it at all, but it does add some nice features, including the ability to build a home from the ground up (something basically missing since Morrowind) and a few ancillary things attached to that. It's nice enough, and especially when on sale, worth the purchase if you are going to be spending a lot of time in Skyrim anyway.
on June 12, 2015
The Hearthfire DLC allows you to build 3 houses in Skyrim. These houses are all the same, just in different locations. You can choose a couple of different components in each, however. Move your family into any of these, as it is integrated into the Skyrim story. (No need for a mod to recognize these houses as available.) House building is done bit by bit, using materials that you have to find. Better yet, look at the available mods to allow building for free.....well worth it. Mods are in the Skyrim Workshop or on Skyrim Nexus.
on January 31, 2016
This DLC seems to add only a few things to the overall gameplay, but you would be surprised at how much of a difference it makes. On top of that, it's pretty cheap so why not. One of my favorite games of all time just got a little better.
on March 15, 2015
Bought it for the mods. Nothing else.

A lot of mods released for this game require all the dlc's so if you were smart enough, you would have bought the legendary version of skyrim on a discount on steam. I only have the original copy of skyrim, so i need to buy all the DLC's.

Amazon does a great job. I instantly got the code when i purchased, and redeemed the code in a matter of seconds.
on March 7, 2014
Nice addition to Skyrim. Cool little add on that was a cheap price. If you get it for a good deal, very much worth getting if you like to play Skyrim.
on May 6, 2015
It makes skyrim better. building your own home in the game is time stealing but it was worth the buy. Towards the end you get a massive home to raise a family. now if I only had a house like that in real life LOL
on April 30, 2016
Playing on the Pc is a bit harder in some ways and easier in others compared to playing on the ps3. I lean towards Ps3 as the better overall experience but I like having all the download packs making Pc nicer.

I dont have a powerful Pc but the game is now sorta old old so I didnt expect really that a Pc with more power than my Ps3 would not play this game as smoothly as the Ps3 does. I was a bit disappointed because I turned the graphics already down from the recommended.

The experience through Steam was easy but it seems to load something now every boot which I dont like since I already have trust issues with MS security even though I run Windows 10.

This game itself is probably in my top 5 favs of all time. The game is incredibly complex and easy to learn and addictive to get lost playing. I like that it is standalone without needing the internet also. The game itself is a world to get lost in, with warriers monsters wizards dragons politics thievery, alchemy, training, waterfalls, and funny story lines. It is modernized d&d and just fun to look around and find treasures. I miss flying as could be done in earlier version Morrowind; very same gameplay.

Bethesda the maker has always a lot of bugs in their products; come on guys I know you can solve the bugs if you can recreate them. And dont tell me you cant recreate them because I usually get a lockup every few hours on the Pc version. Happens far fewer on the Ps3. But because I love you guys and you know I will buy your next product eventually why didnt you design it that you could eventually call and ride a dragon around as a transport vessel; that would have kept me from getting bored as you basically become a god-like entity. If it IS in there just dont tell me and I will get to it.
on January 26, 2014
Overall there's no serious flaws with this DLC; it adds an interesting dimension to Skyrim. I can't really give it five stars though, because there's simply not nearly as much content in this DLC as there is in the others available for Skyrim from what I can tell.