Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: The Elements of Style: An Encyclopedia of Domestic Architectural Detail
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

83%
17%
Format: Hardcover|Change

on August 17, 2013
Great reference for those wanting to know about architectural details of differing time periods. For those wanting to do restoration or 3d detailing as well as the person who loves architectural history.
on March 27, 2014
Excellent book, but it was not what I was looking for. I returned it. I flipped through it to see if it offered the detail I needed but it did not. Every major period/style seemed to be covered. The periods were broken into subsections such as lighting, doors, windows, built-in furniture, and the exterior styles, of course... how to recognize a style from the street, and more. But I needed a deeper dive than it offered into those categories within a limited segment of periods. I think I'm' looking for more of a narrow, exhaustive coverage than this provides.
on December 2, 2015
Great book that covers the major style periods in North America. The drawings are lovely and the information is detailed. While not exhaustive, if you read this book you will be able to identify the influences and origins of doorways, windows, trim, and all the fine details that make up homes in North America.
on September 9, 2014
Tremendous resource and pictorial of domestic architectural metamorphoses through the major periods in history. I extracted from it all kinds of colorful details to do with homes, from inside to outside and from moldings to furniture, to enrich my historical fiction story set during the American Civil War period!
on April 3, 2014
I write marketing copy for high-end residential properties. Having the correct terms for architectural components is immensely important for me. This book meets my needs and more.
on April 1, 2014
I bought this as a reference for my writing but I love this book, I can learn so much about houses and house parts. it's a pleasure perusing through it's pages.