1,685 Reviews
 (1,010)

5.0 out of 5 stars Vocally astonishing and perfectly balanced
Whatever Mariah did to prepare for this cd was ingenious. The choices are catchy - club conscious and youthfully contemporary (check out "To the Floor" with Nelly to hear what I mean) but not so urban it disenfranchises her very earliest fans.

Published on April 12, 2005 by MovedbyMusic

3.0 out of 5 stars Mariah on the road to musical recovery.
I decided to give "Emancipation of Mimi" a few listens before writing this review since it did not grip me at first. It must be hard for an artist to live up to the standards set by songs like "Underneath the stars", "I Still Believe", "Hero" and "Someday". "Glitter" was the beginning of Mariah's downfall in the music world. Despite her powerful voice on "Never too far",...
Published on April 15, 2005 by Pranav Chandrasekhar

5.0 out of 5 stars Vocally astonishing and perfectly balanced, April 12, 2005

My favorite track is "It's Like That" but the choices are incredible so it doesn't feel as if a single track is just filler material. I love how much vocal flare she uses to her fullest possible potential on this cd. She never wavers or cracks and it's wonderful to hear her in top form again.

"Mine Again" is for her fans from the beginning as is "Circles," a genuine love song that proves she-has-no-rival-as-a-pop-diva. I absolutely love her gospel sound in "Fly Like a Bird."

She has some of the most contemporary brilliance behind her like Twista, and Jermaine Dupri but she managed to hold onto what makes her who she is. She incorporated the best in current R&B and balances all the best of her own vocal league into a fantastic cd. VERY highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Greatest Comeback Story of Our Time, April 24, 2005
This review is from: Emancipation of Mimi (Audio CD)
A solid collection of soulful ballads, heady r&b and addictive pop, Mariah Carey's "The Emancipation of Mimi" is by far the most viable release of her career. Her first to hit the summit of the Billboard albums chart since 1997's powerful "Butterfly," each of its fourteen tracks is an undisputed home run, marking new territory for the songbird while keeping true to what she has made her name with.

With the autobiographical "It's Like That" finally losing airplay power, the confessional "We Belong Together" has already usurped its place. However, the potential hits are limitless. Fine examples are "Stay the Night," which will have fans swooning at her pristine vocals, and the Neptunes-produced "Say Somethin'," which floats serenely, save for smart machine gun-style drumming that buoys the melody.

The singer/songwriter also articulates extreme insecurity with the likes of "I Wish You Knew" and "Circles," the latter of which would frighten American Idol contenders:

"Saturday I saw you/Holding hands with someone new/Somehow I kept my composure/Just like everything was cool/But inside I kept repeating/Don't you let them see you cry/So I casually turned my head/As the tears rolled down my eyes."

The bittersweet "Mine Again" finds Carey yearning to rekindle an old flame:

"I just can't accept the possibility/We weren't made for each other's arms/I know you're my destiny."

The ultimate highlight of the album, however, comes with the closing "Fly Like a Bird," an outstanding testament to the artist's faith in God which can be heard on gospel radio:

"Fly like a bird/Take to the sky/I need you now Lord/Carry me high/Don't let the world break me tonight/I need the strength of You by my side/Sometimes this life can be so cold/I pray You'll come and carry me home."

Further highlights include "To the Floor," a sizzling collaboration with Nelly, a humorous jibe at an ex with "Shake It Off," and the fun-loving "Your Girl," where the songstress confirms herself the only who could sing about putting "those naughty thoughts into your mind" and come off sounding absolutely adorable.

With "The Emancipation of Mimi," Carey has the hottest album of her storied career on her hands. For the greatest comeback story of our time, look no further.

The limited edition version includes better artwork, a digipak case and a fold-out poster with lyrics on the opposite side.

5.0 out of 5 stars 18 tracks, who could ask for more?, November 15, 2005
What the Reviewers said:

This CD, when originally released, received 4 star ratings from Blender and Vibe magazine. (Other reviewers gave generally favorable reviews). The re-release contains all of the orginal 14 tracks plus 4 new songs, including Don't Forget About Us.

What I say:

From people I have talked to, everyone has 5 or 6 favorite songs and they are rarely the same. This just proves that there is a song for everyone on this CD. Whether you like Adult contemporary, R&B, or pop, you are guaranteed to find songs you love. In the End, you are bound to enjoy 3/4 of the record (if not the whole CD).

How has the general public responded?

-3.7 million copies sold in the US (6 million worldwide)

-Won awards at the World Music Awards, Teen Choice Awards, 4 awards at the Vibe Awards, and a couple at the Lady Soul Train Awards

5.0 out of 5 stars The Emancipation of Mimi, January 2, 2006
This review is from: The Emancipation of Mimi - Platinum Edition (Audio CD)
Mariah Carey regained her crown with this album. She truly does deserve the 8 Grammy Nominations. People need to stop comparing people. I read a review for Mary J. Blige's "The Breakthrough", which is also an amazing album. The reviewer said "use The Emancipation Of Mimi as a coaster and get The Breakthrough". Is it not possible to have more than one amazing album released in one year. Both of these two women are amazing and both of them released amazing albums. Also, I read something about Mariah Carey fans trying to make Madonna's album flop, which is ridiculous. People always have to compare people. But anyways, back to this album. With this album, you can tell Mariah is in a new place and she's finally free. The title fits very well for the album, because it just sounds like she just let go of everything. The music doesn't like it's being controlled, there's just this strong feel of freedom.

The album jumps off with the first single, "It's Like That". This free-spirited party-starter is produced by Jermaine Dupri and Mariah Carey. I love the song, but the first verse is definately very shocking to all the long-term Mariah fans, as she makes drug and alcohol references ("I came to have a party, open up the Bacardi....Purple taking me higher, I'm lifted and I" like it). But regardless, the song is still amazing. The second track on the album is the second single, "We Belong Together", which is also produced by Jermaine Dupri and Mariah Carey. The song is her first number one hit in over five years, and it's an absolutely amazing song. Mariah Carey describes the song as "Anytime You Need A Friend" meets "Breakdown", and Jermaine Dupri describes it as the biggest song of his career. Although I may have heard this song over a million times, since April of 2005, surpringsly, I have never gotten sick of yet. The next track on the album is the third single "Shake It Off", also produced by Jermaine Dupri and Mariah Carey. Jermaine Dupri and Mariah Carey definately make the perfect team. Dupri has been each single released from this album so far. This is one of my favorites on the album, the lyrics are awesome. It's just about move on and putting someone behind you and just "shaking them off". Great lyrics! The fourth song on the album is a beautiful ballad called "Mine Again", produced by James Poyser and Mariah Carey. It's an absolutely amazing song that shows you MARIAH STILL HAS THAT AMAZING VOICE. ALthough this song has not been released as a single, I have heard on the radio in Chicago a few times. The next song on the album is a Neptunes-produced track featuring Snoop Dogg, called "Say Somethin'." Mariah Carey and Snoop Dogg colloborated back in 1999 on the song "Crybaby." This song definately isn't as great as "Crybaby" but it's still a pretty good song. The next song is a track produced by Kanye West and Mariah which is another one of my favorites. I have so many favorites on this album that it's ridiculous, I can't even pic a number one favorite. But this is definately one of my favorites. A great colloboration between Mariah and Kanye. Mariah's voice is amazing on this album and again, it's one of those song that just gives you that FREE feeling. Guess what's next, another favorite. "Get Your Number" is another colloboration with Jermaine Dupri, which was a top ten hit in the U.K. For some odd reason, people keep refering to this as one of the worst tracks on the album, but I think it's one of the best on the album. It has a very early '90's feel to it. It's kind of like, what Mariah Carey would do in the early 1990's if she teamed up with Jermaine Dupri earlier. The next track is a song called "One & Only" which features Twista. I think the song might be better without Twista singing along with the melody several times in the middle of his rap, and just had a short rap, instead of the long verse he has. The next song is a ballad called "Circles" in which she produces with James "Big Jim" Wright. It's just a great song with great lyrics. The next song is a more upbeat song called "Your Girl". I can't think of anything to say about it, but it's just a really good song. The next song is a slower track called "I Wish You Knew", the song has a fake live audience at the beginning of it. The song has an old school R&B ballad feel to it. It's a really nice song. Things change up a bit with the next track. Another track produced by The Neptunes called "To The Floor", featuring Nelly. The song is definately a club joint, but definately has an 80's feel to it. This is another one of my favorites. We already knew Nelly and The Neptunes made a good team due to the success of "Hot In Herre". But I also think Mariah and Nelly sound good together. The next song, "Joy Ride", I think might be my least favorite on the album. I just don't think there's anything all that special about it. The final track on the original pressing of the album is "Fly Like A Bird", which is a wonderful song. I love this song because it's like she's going back to the basics. Towards the end of the song a choir comes in singing the chorus. It reminds you of something she would have done in the early or mid 90's.

The new re-released edition of the album features four new bonus tracks, "Don't Forget About Us", "Makin' It Last All Night (What It Do)", "So Lonely (One & Only Part II)" and "We Belong Together Remix". All four tracks are amazing, making the album ten times better. "Don't Forget About Us" is Mariah's latest single, produced by Jermaine Dupri and herself, like her other singles released the album. I love this song, it's reminiscent of "Always Be My Baby", which was also produced by Jermaine Dupri and Mariah, and was the first collobroation between the two. "Makin' It Last All Night (What It Do)" is another Jermaine Dupri/Mariah colloboration and is absolutely amazing. It's basically just a very sexy upbeat Hip-Hop flavored track. "So Lonely (One & Only Part II)" is 90 billion times better than the original version. I don't even like the original version all that much (compared to the other tracks on the album), but I think this song might have to be my favorite track on the album. The album closes with the "We Belong Together" remix featuring Jadakiss and Styles P. This remix has been getting airplay ever since the summer of 2005, so it's good to finally get it on an album. I don't think I love it as much as the original version but I still love it, and I'm so glad they put it on here. If you don't have this re-released version, stop complaining and GO GET IT! You can sell the original pressing to a used CD store! The four new tracks alone are definately worth the money.

"The Emancipation Of Mimi" is Mariah Carey's best album since... I don't know, since all of her album's are amazing. But this album is definately way better than "Charmbracelet". Mariah Carey definately deserves these 8 Grammy Nominations. She HAS regained her crown!

5.0 out of 5 stars The Emancipation of Mimi... and her fans!!, August 19, 2005
Okay, for all you Mariah fans that have been waiting for a hot, full-force comeback, this is it! I have been a Mariah fan for well over a decade now, and I've been waiting for her to re-emerge as the phenominal artist she was back in the 90's. With power-house vocals on ballads like "Hero," "Vision of Love," and "My All" as well as catchy urban dance numbers like "Fantasy," "Honey," and "Heartbreaker," Mariah dominated the charts throughout the 1990's. She has set record after record, both for female vocalists and just plain vocalists.

However, it has been evident that Mariah has struggled to find her place with her fans, critics, and commercial success since the late 90's. 'Butterfly,' lyrically poingiant and emotionally personal, still remains in my opinion, and the opinion of many others, her best album to date. 'Rainbow,' a rollercoaster of variety was also a solid effort, lyrically showcasing Mariah's depth as an artist. The album is pure ear candy. However, where most of her other albums have produced 3-4 good hits, both of these albums only produced 2 real hits, mostly due to lack of good campaigning for the songs and poor releasing.

Mariah went on to attempt acting in a severely underrated, but nowhere near good, movie and accompanying soundtrack. Mariah put her heart and soul into the lousy script of the "Glitter" movie. Her powerhouse vocals were no match for the lack of emotional depth and feeling and the poor production of the "Glitter" album. The critics tore the movie apart, and the tragedy of September 11, 2001-- the day the album was released--played a crucial role in the sale of the CD. The record spun out one hit, the un-interesting single "Loverboy," which made it to #2 on the charts only after Virgin records sliced the price of the single down to about 40-something cents. Mariah suffered a pretty serious emotional breakdown after the tragedy that was "Glitter" (hell, I would have too!) and it was becoming clear that this could very well be the end of the superstar.

However, Mariah did some serious soul-searching in one final attempt to replace herself in the spotlight. The lyrically excellent "Charmbracelet" put out a few mild hits, especially "Through the Rain" (remnicient of her former ballads) in hopes that they would re-connect Mariah with her fans. Indeed, "Charmbracelet" DID give Mariah some of her success back, but the response was iffy. The CD was far better than "Glitter," especially lyrically, but was musically lacking in what makes a singer a star.

After some time off, some more serious soul-searching, and an excellent musical production team, Mariah has put forth a CD that very well could be the album of the decade! The widespread reception of the first single "It's Like That" and the immediate and intense success of both the album itself and its second and third singles have all shown us that Mariah is back. With her old fans, with her new fans, with the critics, with the radio, with everyone!

'The Emancipation of Mimi' is by far her best effort in years. It is a hot, R&B and club-laced disc that you can spin in your CD player on your way to work or school, on the way to the beach, on the way to the club on the weekends, pretty much any time! The first and third singles, "It's Like That," and "Shake it Off" show us that Mariah is back with a new, bass-thumping groove. Both of these songs fit in well with any club playlist. Others that you'll have to add to your club CD mix are "Say Somethin'" with Snoop Dogg and "Get Your Number" with JD. The immensely successful second single "We Belong Together" is a typical R&B ballad enhanced by Mariah's vocals and excellent musical execution. Another hip hop ballad, "One and Only" spins a mile-a-minute rap verse with a guest appearance by Twista. All these songs are excellent: comercially, lyrically, AND musically.

But for the true and long-time Mariah fans, the tracks where Mariah truly shines are on the jazzy, night-club-like ballads such as "Mine Again," "Circles," the exceptional "I Wish You Knew," and the gospel closer "Fly Like A Bird." These are the tracks that truly show us that Mariah is an artist who has withstood the test of time and is here to stay for good.

The Songs...

1. "It's Like That" 9/10: A thumping, R&B party song with guest appearances by JD and Fatman Scoop. An excellent club song that kicks the CD off and shows us where Mariah is headed.

2. "We Belong Together" 10/10: Beautiful, bittersweet R&B ballad featuring a powerhouse conclusion by Mariah, a catchy beat, and smart lyrics

3. "Shake It Off" 10/10: Musically remnicient of Usher's "Confessions Part II," except with a bigger beat, this is another pure R&B thumper that would fit on any club or hip hop playlist

4. "Mine Again" 10/10: Probably the best vocals Mariah pulls off on the CD. An excellent, jazzy, powerhouse ballad complete with horns and a jazz organ. Kelly Clarkson, we're glad you didn't attempt this one on 'American Idol'!!

5. "Say Somethin'" 8/10: Good dance song with a mild and melodic breakdown verse with guest rapper Snoop Dogg. Nothing really powerhouse here, just good beat and conservative vocals. Fits well between #'s 4 and 6

6. "Stay The Night" 9/10: Another powerhouse R&B song by Mariah. Compare it musically to Ashanti's "Rain on Me" and you'll find some similarities. Only the instrumentation here is more authentic

7. "Get Your Number" 9/10: Hot club track complete with strong vocals by JD on the chorus and a smart and catchy breakdown bridge by Mariah on both verses. Turn the volume up on this one and blare it all the way to the club!

8. "One and Only" 10/10: Excellent mid-tempo hip hop ballad about a painful relationship. Mariah conservatively shows her mad side on this track, throwing obvious but censored profanities on both verses and raw emotion in the song's vocals. This song is a real treat to hear Twista's whirlwind breakdown during the bridge.

9. "Circles" 10/10: Wonderful jazzy ballad about the follow-up to a painful breakup. A little more up-tempo than "Mine Again," this track again showcases the vocals that have made Mariah into the success that she is today.

10. "Your Girl" 8/10: Brief, straightforward pop number that possibly reflects Mariah's earlier days of "Honey," "Fantasy," and "Heartbreaker." Complete with come-and-get-me vocals and lyrics, this should be a short treat for fans

11. "I Wish You Knew" 11/10: I rate this song above the normal rating, because it is superior to all the rest on the track. Mariah's vocals, lyrics, musical production, and everything else is just out the roof on this song. This is by far the best song on the CD. Made complete with a cool, fake live audience in the background, this jazzy ballad is ear-candy, heart-candy, everything-candy. I can't stop hitting the repeat button on this! True Mariah fans should enjoy the spoken word by Mariah in the bridge and the hot high note she hits towards the end. This song is worth the price of the CD alone! Exceptional songwriting and musical execution! Way to go Mariah!!

12. "To The Floor" 5/10: Definitely the album's biggest disappointment. When I saw Mariah was doing a song with Nelly, my heart raced a million miles a minute. I thought, "Mariah and Nelly paired together are gonna make a really hot track! This is gonna be one of the album highlights." I was wrong. What you really get from this is trite and boring lyrics, a bland melody, with a pretty good beat. This is a collaboration that could have been excellent with a better song. Still, it's a good one to dance to...

13. "Joy Ride" 10/10: Probably my second favorite on the album, this is a sweet pop/R&B ballad complete with excellent vocals by Mariah that range from really low to really high, and build from girlishly soft at the beginning to a powerhouse climax towards the end, and the best song conclusion on the disc.

14. "Fly Like a Bird" 9/10: A jazzy gospel closer that deserves a place on the Sunday morning bulletin. It is a little drawn out towards the end, a radio edit type of thing would make this better, but is a huge conclusion vocally and musically by Mariah. I have a hard time comparing it to the rest of the CD, because it's one of a kind on here, and the overtly religious lyrics seem a little out of place alongside the racier lyrics that appear on a few of the album's tracks. Nonetheless, it's another one of Mariah's gems that makes the album shine so much.

15. "Secret Love" 10/10: Although it doesn't appear on on the 'Mimi' CD, I got this one free for buying the CD from Wal-Mart. I liked it so much that I had to review it. An excellent, thumping dance number that should have been included as a bonus or hidden track on the US version of 'Mimi.'

5.0 out of 5 stars Freedom for Mimi!, April 12, 2005
Matthew G. Sherwin (last seen screaming at Amazon customer service) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
Mariah Carey returns strong, proud and super confident with her brand new release The Emancipation of Mimi! Mariah considers Mimi to be another name symbolizing her true inner self-so even the title of the CD proudly and forcefully announces that she is trying new, fresh things on this CD. Mariah explains it herself in the liner notes for her new CD: her "emancipation" is "to free from restraint, control, oppression, or the power of another" or "to free from any controlling influence" or "to free somebody from restrictions or conventions." You know what? Mariah is a strong creative force and we all are better off for it! The Emancipation of Mimi really highlights how well Mariah can write and co-produce with other incredible talents such as the Neptunes, Kanye West, and R. Kelly. Mariah's new CD is full of songs featuring very personal lyrics-she is brave enough to share her real emotions with us here! The CD also proves even once again that Mariah's dazzling voice has not diminished with time! The album overflows with super creative lyrics and her exceptionally versatile voice makes it very special and a great addition to your collection!

The CD starts off strong with the song entitled "It's Like That." Not only is this a beautiful song, the musical arrangement is strong, aggressive and awesome! Mariah simply sounds great; her voice is perfect here! Then comes the song "We Belong Together"--thoughtful, beautiful, with a great beat! With "We Belong Together" Mariah sings about a love that is no longer.

Mariah also stays in the hip hop scene with songs like "Shake It Off" and the street jam "One and Only." And, if you like THAT, try also the Neptunes-produced "Say Somethin'" which she performs with Snoop Dogg and Pharrell Williams. Excellent! Mariah also does "Mine Again" with James Poyser on keyboards and "Fly Like A Bird" really shows off what Mariah can do!

Mariah works well with the other greats that I mentioned above; but there are even more talents on this awesome CD! Another Island Def Jam artist who you just might have heard of once or twice-a guy called Kanye West-collaborates with Mariah on "Stay the Night." What's more, three of the "Emancipation" songs are both co-written and co-produced by Mariah and James "Big Jim" Wright: "I Wish You Knew," "Circles," and "Fly Like a Bird." Trey Lorenz, Fatman Scoop, and Jermaine Dupri also provide vocals on this CD. The track "To The Floor" features Nelly.

One critic from Vibe magazine wrote that "Mariah gets back to her winning formula with Mimi." This almost seems like an understatement; the CD is really that good! Do yourself a major favor and get this-enjoy it today!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value to new buyers, and those who own the original!, November 15, 2005
I'm sure everyone has heard of "The Emancipation of Mimi", and by now you either like it or you don't. So, I won't need to mention that the album is a masterpiece, I'll simply express what a great value this new edition is!

Not only do you get four brand new songs, including the new hit "Don't Forget About Us", you also get all the videos from "The Emancipation of Mimi" era (with a link to the new "Don't Forget About Us" video). If you're still not convinced, they even throw in a great bonus video, where you can see Mariah behind the scenes being herself.

5.0 out of 5 stars THE VOICE, April 12, 2005
Marta Maslowska "HeavenSent" (Chicago, IL United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Emancipation of Mimi (Audio CD)
***Great Item to Own for Mariah Fans***

Mariah's new CD is out with a bang. There is something for everyone on this CD. Mariah's sounds great and hits all the notes with perfection. One of the only singers these days who sounds as good live as she does on the CD. PLUS she writes most of her songs.

1. It's Like That - The first single of the CD, that's hot and fresh with a great video. "It's a special occasion, Mimi's emancipation...." lyrics prove why this is the first single. The REMIX of this is HOT with Fat Joe, done with a "Lean Back" edge to it.

2. We Belong Together - Second single and one of the most beautiful ballads Mariah has ever made.

3. Shake It Off - A very hip cut, similar to Breakdown with Mariah singing in a uptempo beat. Very catchy hook "...shake shake shake it off" will make you want to Shake it.

4. Mine Again - Another ballad, very soulful. Great vocals, in a style of My All.

5. Say Somethin' featuring Snoop Dogg - Great song, fantastic beats. Snoop is ever-so cool sounding. Should be a single.

6. Stay The Night - A cool, jazzy type of song. Great music, and beutiful words.

7. Get Your Number featuring Jermaine Dupri - One of the hottest songs on the CD. Uptempo, great to dance to. Nelly delivers some great lines from the hook.

8. One And Only featuring Twista - Hot, Hot, Hot. Mariah and Twista make a great duet in this one. Tounge Twistin Mariah.

9. Circles - Very classic Mariah. Beautiful song where Mariah shows off her range. Nice steppin' tempo.

10. Your Girl - Somewhat similar to Boy from Charmbracelet, but also classis Mariah.

11. I Wish You Knew - An uptempo ballad. Mariah sings in a soft but powerful way. Great beat. Classic Mariah.

12. To The Floor featuring Nelly - Produced by the Neptunes. Cool hip beat. Definitely will bring the crowd down at the clubs.

13. Joy Ride - A soft ballad very reminiscent of her Butterfly days.

14. Fly Like A Bird - Similar to Subtle Invitation. Beautiful song. The percussion and the chorus, give it a gospel edge. Mariah hits those wonderful high notes.

***Check out Mariah's beautiful vocals on VH1 at the Save the Music Concert.***

5.0 out of 5 stars Mariah Emancipates again.., November 15, 2005
Can Cihan (Ankara, Turkey) - See all my reviews
Mariah is back again with the rerelease of The Emancipation of Mimi, the best selling album of 2005. The re-release includes her latest hit, Don't Forget About Us, which is already an AIRPLAY hit already, unlike some unoriginal, repetitive songs that get huge downloads because of the obsessed fan base. Anyway, the album also includes So Lonely, which i think could be a hit if released someday. You all know WBT REmix by now as it was played a lot during this year.

So dont miss the album of 2005, which already sold 4 million copies in US, some artists COULD ONLY DREAM OF these days. Yeah, time goes by so slowly.

5.0 out of 5 stars What A Wonderful Album, November 15, 2005
"The Emancipation Of Mimi" is arguably the most talked about album of 2005. It features the decade's #1 smash hit, "We Belong Together" which ruled the Hot 100 for a staggering 14 weeks and broke all sorts of records. Another huge hit, "Shake It Off" was the #1 played song in America for a few weeks and one of this year's most popular songs. "It's Like That", the catchy first single off the album is also here of-course. But it's really the new tracks that are supposed to be reviewed here. Well, let me tell you, I would have paid a lot more even just for these 4 songs. They are absolutely brilliant. The best one being "So Lonely"; Mariah decided to name it "One & Only" part 2 but I think it's so much better than that song. The beat is hot and Mariah's bridge just makes the song all the more worthy. "Make It Last" is another winner - Mariah sings in a powerful, full voice and creates a track which is easily one of the best on the whole album. "Don't Forget About Us" is the current single in the US, making big leaps towards the top 10 as I write this review. I don't find it derivative of "We Belong Together" at all. It's a great track. The last song on the album is the remix to "We Belong Together". While I'm not a big fan of remixes, this one just takes the original to the next level. It's a celebration of Mariah's voice and great music. It also received some nice airplay during the song's reign on the charts. There is also a DVD featuring the 4 videos released from MIMI (excluding "Don't Forget"). They are hot as you probably know by now. The #1 selling album of 2005 is a must have in your collection.

The Emancipation of Mimi - Platinum Edition
The Emancipation of Mimi - Platinum Edition by Mariah Carey (Audio CD - 2005)
Rate and Discover Movies