Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: The Encyclopedia of the Harley-Davidson: The Ultimate Guide to the World's Most Popular Motorcycle
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on August 14, 2002
This book is not what I expected from an encyclopedia. What did I expect? Data and pictures of all the different modelyears, changes of the models from one year to the other.
This is not what you get from this book.
It describes some history of HD (nice chapter)and then comes up with a lot of nonsense pages about the "Harley A-Z".
The listing of models through the years is limited to production-numbers and colours for the productionyears.
No nice photo's from the models either, except for the same pictures you get from HD-magazines.
Than a lot of more nonsense information is added to make this a thick, heavy book with not much value.
Think twice before buying. I gave my copy away...
on January 23, 2003
You expect an encyclopedia to be accurate and this book is not.Many facts are wrong, motorcycles are misidentified, the yearly model lists have numerous errors.... Here's just a few examples.
Page 185; no FXRS in the 92 model list (I own a 92 FXRS LowRider which I bought new), same page had a pic of a 92 Dyna Daytona, misidentified in the caption as a 91. Page 191; pic of a Softail Standard misidentified as a Springer. Page 92; Evolution engine stated as being produced from 83 throught 98, actually it was 84 through 2000 (a custom FXR was the only model to have the Evo in 2000). If you don't know the facts you can't depend on this book to have them. Don't buy it.
on August 25, 2007
I glean from the other 2 reviews that this book lacks veracity; as a Harley neophyte, I would hardly know if the information presented is inaccurate.

My own complaint is that I was hoping for something a little meatier although I found some of the information interesting. I, too, wish there was more about individual models, perhaps more "color" about the idiocyncracies or character of the various bikes. Nor is it comprehensively encyclopedic. I would have expected information on every aspect of these motorcycles, including specs for all the models, etc.

I didn't think this was a "bad" book. It's merely just not exactly a "good" book and could probably be characterized as mediocre. And yes, disappointing.
on February 19, 2016
good book
on April 20, 2008
Bought book for a birthday gift at last minute. Arrived a day ahead of schedule

Thanks guys
on March 16, 2014
I had a very good experance with this seller, Great Book, Took several days to read and look at pictures and have had a grteat time with my purchase.....