Automotive Deals Summer Reading Shop Women's Clothing Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stephen Marley Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Water Sports

The Ending... uh what? *SPOILERS*

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 1, 2011 6:23:22 PM PDT
Rosie A. says:
Okay so i understand that the whole set up of this secret ritual, because Lilith takes all of her precious time to explain it thoroughly, but doesn't that make the ending completely ridiculous? If Simon had to give his blood to Sebastian/Jonathon(w/e) in order to bring him back from the dead, then how is it that he came back to life despite that fact?! I thought he needed Simon's blood specifically in order to come back to life? And why is it that only bad guys ever find the loop holes in their mischievous plot? Why can't a good guy be like "Damn..wow i really needed that guy to be alive to save someone else s life" and then someone else randomly bust in with a "Oh don't worry we found a loop hole to that"?! Sorry for my rampaging but this ending really upset me, and I know that a story wouldn't be any good with the bad guys not being sneaky and all evil like, but I seriously have to draw the line somewhere. Also i feel like this is just another way to have an impossible barrier keeping Clary and Jace apart from each other. I want a book where they're able to kiss each other without all the baggage and maybe kick some demon butt, that just so happens to not be trying to hurt one of them and keep them apart forever, maybe like after Isabelle or Magnus or idk a bunch of innocent blindfolded arm missing pedestrians.
-Sorry if i said anything that doesn't make sense i tend to ramble

Posted on Jul 4, 2011 7:44:26 AM PDT
Sarah's says:
I think Jace was able to bring Sebastian back because the same blood run in Simon's vein remember in the COG Simon was given blood from Jace and that why he's a "daywalker", so they share the same blood. Not sure it's the right explanation but that my theory!

Posted on Jul 6, 2011 12:01:24 PM PDT
D. McGreevy says:
I dont think he was fully alive. its not like he was walking around and talking, but because of the bond Lilith put on both Jace and Sebastian, Jace could almost feel him inside his head, sorta. So because only half the ritual happened, he was only half alive. I think i answered your question, but if not please let me know
:)

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 5, 2011 9:14:27 PM PDT
J. Wallace says:
I'm not sure if Sebastian on his own is alive. I'm wondering if Jace has taken Sabastian's blood into his body and now carries Sebastian's spirit in his body. I wonder. If this is the case I'm not sure I will be continuing the series.

I agree with Rosie about giving Jace and Clary a chance to live. I had thought this series was going to center on other characters, that way the romance "drama" would not primarily fall on Jace and Clary. I mean she spent 3 book buidling and distroying and building and destroying Jace and Clary's relationship. I figured she'd try something new. Let us enjoy them together a little. Boy was I WRONG!!!

Highly, highly disappointed and angry. And wishing I could forget what I just read.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  4
Total posts:  4
Initial post:  Jun 1, 2011
Latest post:  Sep 5, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
City of Fallen Angels (Mortal Instruments (Quality))
City of Fallen Angels (Mortal Instruments (Quality)) by Cassandra Clare (Paperback - March 28, 2011)
4.4 out of 5 stars (2,113)