Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: The Ends of the Earth: An Anthology of the Finest Writing on the Arctic and the Antarctic
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Periphery Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on December 28, 2007
While I have read more about the Antarctica so far, as opposed to the Arctic side of the book, I would like to recommend this to people of all ages with an interest for the far reaches of our planet. At times, the reader will become so engrossed in the stories that are written in 1st person, she will want to curl up in a warm blanket and become VERY thankful for all comforts we take for granted, especially the healthy benefits of the sun. This book is hard to put down and luckily each individual story allows you to read bit by bit. You will discover how incredibly wonderful these brave men had such determination to succeed on their journeys into the wild, wicked, and unrelenting frozen tundras. I thank all who have made this book possible and I will cherish it forever.
on February 15, 2013
It was a fantastic read! I love this book as well as the Antarctic "sequel." Even though it was for a college class, "The Arctic" will have a place on my bookshelf.
on January 17, 2009
A collection of superb writing: a compendium
of thoughts about the preservation of the
Arctic and Antarctic regions.

We are reminded of what we are in danger of
losing.

The challenge for us all, is to do something
about GLOBAL WARMING!