1,119 of 1,123 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars Stands by itself
I have many books on energy. Yet there is nothing quite like seeing the various energy techniques demonstrated, most of which are new to me.

Published on December 6, 2005 by L. Power

3.0 out of 5 stars I'm happy with the kit, but
All the exercises on the dvd you can watch for free on YouTube. Just do a search for Donna Eden. There are tons of videos.

The cards are a nice reminder/refresher to the lessons. The guidebook is short and to the point. The glass "crystal" works. I haven't gone through the whole cd yet and doubt I'll listen to it more than once.

More about the...
Published on December 12, 2010 by Autumn C.

1,119 of 1,123 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars Stands by itself, December 6, 2005
This review is from: The Energy Medicine Kit (Misc. Supplies)

I know I would not be doing these exercises properly if I did not see it demonstrated on the DVD. The method used here is a combination of acupressure tapping, and kinesiology method of energy testing to spot energy weaknesses. She also demonstrates the Wayne Cook posture for balancing energy. I found the Heaven rushing in exercise particularly good.

I was particularly interested to learn that there are pressure points for fight of flight response (also the freeze response), which I now use for staying clear.

In this package is a guidebook with her biography, case studies and an explanation with diagrams of the body's energy systems and a deck of easy to follow flashcards.

There is also a cut glass crystal, with a string for spinning the crystal,which can act like a pendulum. The crystal can be used for chakra cleansing, and I could certainly feel a shift in energy in the chakras as they reattuned to the higher vibration of the crystal.

There is also a cd. This package is a great value.

If you are like me, you may be wondering which I should buy first, the Energy Medicine book or this kit.

This EM kit stands by itself, and the multi media format is more user friendly than a book could be. Also, it is easier to carry around the flash cards than a book, for reference. I highly recommend the energy medicine kit.

If you wish to explore energy medicine more, I recommend:

Quantum-Touch: The Power to Heal (Third Edition): The Power to Heal (Third Edition) by Richard Gordon.

Life Energy: Using the Meridians to Unlock the Hidden Power of Your Emotions the Meridians to Unlock the Hidden Power of Your Emotions by John Diamond MD, one of the best books I have read on energy medicine, and a complete manual.

The Touch of Healing: Energizing the Body, Mind, and Spirit With Jin Shin Jyutsu: Energizing the Body, Mind, and Spirit With Jin Shin Jyutsu by Alice Burmeister. It's Jin Shin Jitsu, a complete system, very easy to learn and use.

The EFT Manual (EFT: Emotional Freedom Techniques)by Gary Craig is a simple tapping process useful for letting go of troubling emotions. Imagine easily letting go of issues such as anger, anxiety, fear, forgiveness, stress, procrastination, traumas. [...], and buy various books on Amazon.

The Emotion Code by Bradley Nelson. Another complete system for releasing trapped emotions using magnets discovered by a chiropractor. A very well written book, which I discovered at a Donna Eden seminar. I have since attended one of his seminars.

I think you will enjoy it, and I hope you found this helpful.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great self-care!, June 11, 2005
This review is from: The Energy Medicine Kit (Misc. Supplies)
This kit is a valuable companion to Donna Eden's Energy Medicine book but it can also be used on its own. I like this kit because it allows you to learn self-care techniques for improving your energy as well as decreasing the effects of many common physical conditions, and it introduces you to the different energy systems. Also, a DVD allows you to see how the exercises are done, the CD allows you to hear a description of the exercises and the cards allow you to read the descriptions and look at still pictures - appealing to all types of learners.

5.0 out of 5 stars Tried it and WOW it worked for me, September 16, 2006
Edwin (Portland, OR) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Energy Medicine Kit (Misc. Supplies)
This kit arrived for my birthday and I used the cut-glass crystal as instructed and could really feel and even see the interaction of the spinning crystal with my finger energy. I could feel tingling in my meridians and more energy. The crystal is not used as a pendulum but is twisted to make it spin over key areas. Really very intriguing and effective. Then I had to do other things and got in at 10 pm. Thought I would watch the DVD. Did the exercises along with the DVD. Then thought I'd do some internet research. Got up to stretch and thought the clock must have stopped. It was 4 am and I didn't feel tired at all! I was so energized that I hardly slept even when I got to bed. Had to get up at 8 am so thought, well, I'll do the exercizes I learned to help me through the day since I didn't sleep hardly at all. I had a great day and was extremely energetic. People commented. And I am a person who is tired all the time and gets sick from missing sleep! I love this stuff and am amazed how incredibly well it worked! But in the future I will certainly be more careful about charging up before going to bed!

The DVD was like attending a seminar by Donna Eden, a very sweet spirit. She introduces you to muscle testing and the energy routines. They are not hard to do or to learn. I haven't even listened to the CD yet but can see from the cards that it contains more energy tricks. I like the cards because they are easy reminders on how to do the exercises as I am learning the maneuvers. I am wondering if there is more info in the book. I"ll probably buy it since I am so impressed with this kit. If you are tired all the time, buy this kit!

Best wishes to all you intrepid folks wanting to learn more about our miraculous energetic bodies.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent kit!, October 17, 2005
This review is from: The Energy Medicine Kit (Misc. Supplies)
This is simply a wonderful kit. The DVD lets you feel like you're right there learning from Donna. I met Donna years ago and it was just like sitting in front of her once again!

This kit is a great set to let you take care of yourself. The DVD does a great job of showing you the exercises and then you can use the cards to remind yourself of how the exercises work, if you have trouble picturing how to do the exercises just from reading about them.

For someone that wants to learn more about Donna's material, this is a great first step before starting to read her book, Energy Medicine. Seeing the exercises from the DVD will keep the exercises fresh in your mind while learning more about them in the book, Energy Medicine.

The crystal is a wonderful addition that makes it very quick and easy to start your chakras and meridians off on the right track when you don't have time to run the meridians.

I highly recommend this book as a great introduction to Donna Eden's materials and for some people this may be all they need.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great healing and energising kit for personal and group use, September 4, 2005
George Zee (www.frzee.org, Hong Kong) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Energy Medicine Kit (Misc. Supplies)
This is a wonderful set. The DVD alone is already worth the money. Donna is an excellent teacher and all the demos are very interesting and practical, both for personal use and for groups. Not only is the quality of production good. You are also given revisions and summaries and you can select different exercises instead of watching the whole DVD as a movie.

The nice set of cards, including drawings and succinct steps are a great help for revision and for the learning of additional exercises.

The audio CD will guide you through different personal daily routine practices. There is also a nicely produced booklet with sketches of meridian points. Even a plastic crystal is included.

For those who are only familiar with "talking cure", this is a great introduction to Energy Medicine and Energy Psychology. You get exposure to muscle testing, energy balancing, ways to reduce stress, a vivid understanding of how we are energy systems... Others who have background in Energy Psychology and Brain Gym, can still find the whole kit a very useful teaching tool and a handy guide for personal practice.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Must-Have!, July 3, 2006
This review is from: The Energy Medicine Kit (Misc. Supplies)
I use and teach these energy exercises to all my energy therapy (Emotional Freedom Technique) clients and, of course, myself daily. This kit has valuable tools. Anyone who is interested in energy and/or emotional healing should have this. I highly recommend it!

5.0 out of 5 stars I have to agree with all the other reviewers, March 15, 2006
P.J. (Anywhere, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Energy Medicine Kit (Misc. Supplies)
This kit is a great value for the money. It is very informative, and you can start using the techniques immediately. No prior knowledge of energy healing is necessary. This kit is meant to teach people to improve their own overall health and vitality, but as a bodyworker, I found there were some good techniques I could use on clients too. After following along just once with some of the exercises on the DVD, I could actually feel the energy moving and flowing. I have been using a pendulum for years to dowse chakras, but honestly, the pendulum crystal that comes in the kit is one of the best I've used, which surprised me because many of my pendulums come from Sedona, or other power sites. Donna herself is one heck of a joyful lady. She has the most infectious smile and exudes joy and radiates love. I found myself thinking if these exercises only make me half as joyful as she, I will have gotten my money's worth. She is a good advertisement for her own work. The kind of person you'd love to meet face to face one day.

This kit is meant to go along with the book by the same name, but in all honesty, if you stopped right here and never read the book , you'd be getting a lot of good self help tips to increase your vitality and improve your overall health. I like this kit so much, I am going to order a few more to give as gifts.

5.0 out of 5 stars Powerful ways to stay, or become healthy..., March 12, 2007
This review is from: The Energy Medicine Kit (Misc. Supplies)
I believe the techniques in this program are some of the most powerful healing techniques available anywhere. As a full shaman in the tradition of the Qero, (see books by author Alberto Villoldo, Ph,D.) I find the use of these techniques very helpful.

Many of my clients come to me with problems that have to do with imbalances in their energy systems. Some of these types of "short circuits" don't require the larger, more extensive healing techniques a shaman is required to perform. For these clients, treatment is accomplished both quickly and efficiently.

Watching Donna Eden work is a real treat. I would have to compare watching her, to the first time (as a child) I saw a magician work on stage. She is, in a single word, amazing. Her ability to see the energy fields surrounding the human body, and determine what techniques are needed, is wonderful to watch. Please understand that you do not need to see energy, to use this information. However, learning from someone who can see it, and has seen it all her life, really puts Donna ahead of the class of energy healing instructors.

As someone who began studying different healing techniques 42 years ago, at the age of twelve, I have looked into many different kinds of energy medicine. I am always looking for other skill sets to add to my bag of healing modalities. These are the best I have found, and can be done by anyone who will take the time to learn them. It is beautifully designed and the included card set, makes it even easier to learn. Nice job Donna, and thank you.

Scott Walker

5.0 out of 5 stars great tools for self healing, July 12, 2005
Peggy Jentoft (La Mirada, Ca United States) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: The Energy Medicine Kit (Misc. Supplies)
The kit is a very useful addition to the energy medicine book . You can also use this without the book If I had to only have one I'd get this kit first. You can see the drills done on the Dvd. the DVD is clearer than the book and the cards provide nice reminders for the daily routine. Anyone who is serious about energy work should get this and the book and practice the daily routine.

These are amazingly effective drills and even an expert in energy work will find great benefit from these tools.

3.0 out of 5 stars I'm happy with the kit, but, December 12, 2010
This review is from: The Energy Medicine Kit (Misc. Supplies)

More about the DVD.... Overall I'm happy with it, but be forewarned that the recording quality is bad. The video itself is old and I'm pretty sure was originally recorded on VHS. Wait, there's more....

In one demonstration she has the subject go into a 'bend over and touch your toes' type position and when the exercise didn't give the intended results Donna then backpedals and claims it's because the subject "locked" her knees. It's normal for people to lock their knees when doing this position. The fact that Donna "forgot" to inform her subject of this vital piece of information shows at best that she is absent minded and at worst...

On another exercise she has a young girl come up and yanks her ear. The girl is saying ouch and you can see the girls ear being stretched out from her head yet Donna keeps tugging away with a big ol' smile on her face. Donna then comments on how red the girl's ears are and how that proves the girl needed the ear exercise done. Uh, ok. Here I thought they were red because they were being pinched and pulled.

Oh, and if you do watch some youtube videos keep an eye on the audience. I noticed the same guy in 3 different recording sessions. There are actually a few people from the audience that make it into different recordings. Donna has the same dress on, but the people are in different clothes. This made me wonder a bit about the credibility of the whole thing. Here is an example you can see for yourself. Go to youtube and do a search { energy healing neuro vascular }. It's the first video and is 7:50 long. Get a good look at Matt when Donna calls him up at 2:10 and then look at the audience at 6:38. Look familiar? You will also recognize him on the DVD in this kit.

As far as Donna's personality... She has a major case of PermaGrin which is a little over the top and she seems very scattered. It's like she has a hard time keeping focused and on track even after doing exercises that are supposed to help with focus and clarity. She comes off as being flaky and flighty.

I've insinuated that she may be a fraud, criticized her personality, and questioned her credibility, but the exercises I've tried have worked. The price of this kit is a bargain at around 20 bucks when I bought it and am glad it's a part of my collection, but if you're strapped for cash watch the free vids instead. They have the same info and more.

The Energy Medicine Kit
The Energy Medicine Kit by Donna Eden (Misc. Supplies - April 2005)
$29.95 $17.02