5.0 out of 5 stars Wow, this may be the best "diet" book ever
I've read a lot of diet books and been on a lot of diets but what's so intriguing about Engine2 is that it's written by an unlikely character--a triathlete Texan firefighter who is not just a vegetarian, but a vegan, and not just a vegan but an oil-free vegan.

If you're not from Texas, you can't really appreciate what it means to be a vegetarian in a state that...
Published on March 28, 2009 by Mandy Karlik

3.0 out of 5 stars Good Book
Good book, but enjoyed Eat to Live more. Great recipes in the book, but if I had to choose one, I'd buy and follow "Eat to Live".....Have followed their diet for 8 weeks and lowered my cholesterol by 100 points and lost 20 pounds..
Published on August 13, 2011 by Dale

‹ Previous | 126 27 2874 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW!!!!!!!!!, April 25, 2013
This review is from: The Engine 2 Diet: The Texas Firefighter's 28-Day Save-Your-Life Plan that Lowers Cholesterol and Burns Away the Pounds (Hardcover)
got this to help with high chlorestral, cant wait till the next book comes out! what a change in diet for the BETTER!!!!!!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Cookbook!, April 13, 2013
This cookbook was purchased by my husband and he loves it! We have just recently changed to a plant-based diet and find that this cookbook has given us a variety of recipes to enjoy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great follow up on Forks and Knives, April 4, 2013
Dale Sullivan (JACKSONVILLE, FL, US) - See all my reviews
I've been reading and watching everything I can get my hand and eyes on since I've decided to go vegan. I really like the recipes in Rip's book, although sometimes you have to invite the neighborhood to eat with you. Nothing wrong with that. I just freeze the leftovers and get on with my vegan life.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great info and recipes, March 31, 2013
After watching Forks Over Knives, I started looking for more information. I found it withe The Engine 2 Diet. Lots of great information and suggestions. And lots of great recipes. I am adding more leafy greens to my diet and trying some veggies I have never had before. This is very useful to have to improve your diet.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Book that is SAving My Life, March 31, 2013
I was raised in the country, with a garden and 4 other siblings. We ate out of that garden to survive all summer. This book has brought back those good times - and the health that we kids all experienced. My father - when he was in his late 70's - had two gardens to live off of - and he was quite healthy!

I've been on this vegan-style diet for 28 days now - and will continue forever! Finally, a way of eating that fits ME!

I am slowly losing weight, I sleep better, I no longer lose energy in the latter part of my work day. Just had lab tests done - and am sure that they will come out a whole lot better than those done 3 months ago.

5.0 out of 5 stars Engine 2 Diet book, March 28, 2013
This is a must read if your a health minded individual, yet still experiencing the diet fade burnout. This is based on MD science and true experience. Love the lifestyle and options that Rip talks about... This is not a one-way lifestyle or nothing, Rip describes the different levels of using this diet.

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than expected, March 26, 2013
I was thrilled when the book arrived. I have lost 10 pounds in three weeks by following the protocol. I had my blood work checked before I started and I can't wait to have it checked after the 28 days.

4.0 out of 5 stars A WALK THROUGH THE GROCERY STORE +, March 16, 2013
It has great recipes and lots of encouragement for someone [like myself] who is allergic to some foods. I love it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoy, March 10, 2013
Love the book and tips for shopping and clearing out the pantry and refrigerator. However, prefer the recipes in Forks Over Knives. We have watched Forks Over Knives Presents The Engine 2 Kitchen Rescue documentary many times along with Forks Over Knives and adopted the meal plan in mid-January. Have had fantastic results. The seasonings used in the recipes are great if you like extremely spicy foods. I just recommend starting out very conservatively with the hotter spices, then add more until it reaches the level you like. Ended up throwing out several dishes because they were too spicy for our taste and my husband does like spicy food. However, even he could not eat a couple of the dishes. I did not give up, however, and just adapted the recipes to our preferences. As Rip mentioned in the documentary, these recipes are a stating point. Don't be afraid to adapt them using your preferred spices and vegetables.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great way to target the beer bellies!, March 2, 2013
Got this book for a friend in his 40s who's grown a huge beer belly, is now short of breath and getting fatter and weaker. He's a tough boy, works construction, eats burgers and fried food and drinks lots. I like the way the book is written: not dumbed down but definitely by a tough boy himself. I'm hoping it helps my friend find his motivation to try the "plant-strong" diet and take back his power. I'll be recommending it to physicians I know, too, to hit the beer-belly tough-boy type population. Wicked awesome.

‹ Previous | 126 27 2874 | Next ›