4.0 out of 5 stars The price is almost worth it...
I used this book for years in teaching environmental ethics. I believe it is the single-best text out there for such a class. However, that price is astounding, and for the first time in a decade, I have switched textbooks.

Published on February 5, 2009 by Venus Flytrap, night shift dj

3.0 out of 5 stars Slow delivery, Questionable Condition.
Published on September 23, 2009 by M. McClure

4.0 out of 5 stars The price is almost worth it..., February 5, 2009
This review is from: The Environmental Ethics and Policy Book: Philosophy, Ecology, Economics (Paperback)

The contents are almost worth it, though, and richly interdisciplinary, collecting together economic, biological, religious and philosophical perspectives. I highly recommend this for those who want to know what a nearly perfect environmental ethics textbook would look like, and who want the best regardless of the price.

I lament the necessity of not inflicting such a cost on my students.

5.0 out of 5 stars It's not just "environmental" ethics..., May 11, 2000
By A Customer
This book provides an extraordinary place for any individual looking to understand and hone their ethics and values, it just happens to use environmental issues as its context. The editorial comments are concise and probing, and the illustrative articles and essays are classic and thought provoking. Although the reading is generally a bit dense for page turning on one's way to bed, that's even viable for individuals looking for a bit of intensity prior to sleep. An excellent, well rounded, exploration into earth's environment and human roles and perceptions regarding it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good book, April 7, 2014
Bought this due to a college class, it was very informative still have this book even after class ended. I'm not going to say it's leisure reading but very detailed.

4.0 out of 5 stars First-Timers, February 2, 2013
Definitely a great book for those people who aren't into ethical theories or don't understand much about environmental policies. Definitely helped me through my environmental ethics class! Has great information and is very clear. The authors know how to explain all the terms and are concise in their arguments/ideals.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome philosophy book, October 10, 2012
Really is such a great resource for someone wanting to understand why we look at the environment as we do, and how we can go about changing the way we think and perceive the natural environment. Highly recommend! ****

5.0 out of 5 stars New as promised!, February 20, 2010
The book arrived brand-new, just as promised, and it came in a timely manner. The price was extremely reasonable, too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Second-hand, third-hand.., March 6, 2009
What I ordered was a used book and that is what I received. Satisfied customer

3.0 out of 5 stars Slow delivery, Questionable Condition., September 23, 2009
It took several weeks for the book to arrive and when it did it was, in my opinion, in worse condition than the description claimed. It wasn't dysfunctional, but if you are a stickler for the quality of condition I would be wary or question the descriptions given. Then again, it could have been a one time thing and I was just a little disappointed a chunk of the pages fell out when I opened the book.

The Environmental Ethics and Policy Book: Philosophy, Ecology, Economics
The Environmental Ethics and Policy Book: Philosophy, Ecology, Economics by Donald Vandeveer (Paperback - June 24, 2002)
$228.95 $188.70