5.0 out of 5 stars This Book Is Essential
Published on December 6, 2007 by Brahman1888

3.0 out of 5 stars Confusing Yet Well-Written
Well, the author is an excellent writer who tries to interpret Cayce's readings and provide insights into both Cayce and his revelations. Yet, shouldn't I be able to glean those insights DIRECTLY from Cayce's readings?

Instead, Cayce's readings are incredibly "alien" in that his language becomes awkward and rooted deeply in Christian lore and beliefs. I do...
Published 12 months ago by Zalmorion the Fantastic

5.0 out of 5 stars This Book Is Essential, December 6, 2007
Brahman1888 (Columbus, Ohio) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Essential Edgar Cayce (Paperback)
I have been interested in the readings of the psychic Edgar Cayce for several years, and after visiting their headquarters in Virginia Beach, I became a member of his orginization, the Association For Research and Enlightenment. I've read so many books about him, he takes up a couple shelves in my library. I like this particular book a lot because, what it aims to accomplish is an overview of the philosophies of his readings. Because there are thousands of readings, one might find the task of delving into that somewhat daunting, so instead, here you are presented with a broad outlook of what they mean. What did the Cayce readings say about Jesus? About reincarnation? The Akashic records? Its all here,and its presented in a straightforward, easy to understand manner. the conclusions Thurston draws are spot on with the actual Cayce readings, and you can tell as you read how well he researched every topic included in this book. Its an excellent reading!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Synthesis Of The Cayce Material, July 5, 2006
Jeff Marzano (Essex Junction, VT USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Essential Edgar Cayce (Paperback)
This book attempts to boil down the voluminous amount of Edgar Cayce psychic material into the essential points.

It does a good job of this I would say.

Each chapter is dedicated to a key area of Cayce's teachings such as philosophy, reincarnation, Christianity, soul development, etc..

This book will be interesting for someone who is new to the Edgar Cayce material or someone who is familiar with Cayce already but perhaps wants to review or organize their thoughts about him in their own mind.

There are many fascinating and profound statements quoted in this book. I will just list a few of my favorites.

Cayce indicated the 'sins' of the various nations (keeping in mind this was back in the 1930s):

America - has forgotten "in God we trust"
England - conceit
France - lust
China - isolationism
India - internalization of knowledge
Italy - dissensions

He said Russia and China will become beacons of hope for the world.

An interesting and related question is how did we get into this current state of having different countries, different languages, etc.. ?

This goes back to the Tower Of Babel event in the bible where humanity's desire for separation caused problems. Before then I don't think there were any languages since verbal communication wasn't necessary.

He gives an indication of the influences of the different planets and the description for Neptune was very interesting for me:

Neptune: Attracted to the mysterious; mystical, idealistic, otherworldly, and devotional; attracted to the sea and other forces of nature.

The teachings of Edgar Cayce can probably be summed up in the following statement:

"Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thine heart, thine soul, thine mind, thine body, and thy neighbor as thyself." The rest of all the theories that may be concocted by man are nothing, if these are just lived.

Edgar Cayce's Story of Jesus

The Lives of Edgar Cayce

Mythic Troy: The Complete Story Legend Archeology and Intuition

Edgar cayce's story of the origin and destiny of man

Edgar Cayce's Egypt: Psychic Revelations on the Most Fascinating Civilization Ever Known

Initiation

4.0 out of 5 stars The Essential Edgar Cayce, October 2, 2012
"I have become interested in A.R.E. I have read most of "There is River" which is Edgar Cayce's biography. So far I have not been able to fully understand just what Edgar Cayce's positions are on various spiritual matters. "The Essential Edgar Cayce" is much more useful for understanding what Edgar Cayce is saying. It is well written and gives many insights.

5.0 out of 5 stars Consciousness Is The Beginning . . ., October 30, 2008
MyZeRy3216 "lilhotboy247" (Chesterland, OH United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Essential Edgar Cayce (Paperback)
I read this book in 2.5-to-3days . . . I DON'T READ BOOKS!!! This book has changed my life spiritually and I would recommend to anyone who's curious and ready for what life's really about/awakening per se. Consciousness is/was my key to the spiritual path. No one said it was going to be easy.

5.0 out of 5 stars A good introduction to Edgar Cayce, March 18, 2013
This review is from: The Essential Edgar Cayce (Paperback)
A brief and easy introduction to understand the reading of Edgar Cayce. The introduction section is especially useful to know more about Edgar Cayce

5.0 out of 5 stars Comprehensive and well written, April 16, 2014
This review is from: The Essential Edgar Cayce (Paperback)
I am very pleased with my purchase. I wanted a book that included as much information as possible about Mr. Cayce and his work. This book is well organized and covers personal aspects of his life, as well as specific material on the nature of his philosophy and readings. There is a section that discuses the eleven themes that run through his philosophy. The format of teaching the development of the soul through samples of specific readings is excellent.

There are many choices that go into more depth on various topics regarding Mr. Cayce and his work, but if you are interested in an excellent overview, this would be it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it, August 25, 2013
Although the language of the day ie... old English,,,, is harder to disseminate, I found this book to be easy to ready and digest.
Being from the UK and fairly accustomed to old English in older poetry it has been easier for me to understand.....but still not easy.
I like that that the Author has taken the time to deconstruct the language of the day and to break it down to allow us to understand it in modern day terms. Also to explain to us the language of Edgar Cayce's teachings when in trance, which lets be honest, can be pretty hard to follow if you are not on that same spiritual path/journey as he obviously was even all those years ago!
An amazing read......if you are already on your spiritual journey then this is a must read!

5.0 out of 5 stars One of my favorite books about EC, February 4, 2013
This review is from: The Essential Edgar Cayce (Paperback)
This book, besides There is a River and Handbook for Creating Your Future, (also by Thurston) is my favorite. The general overview of common reoccurring themes in the readings is a great tool in itself. Let alone the "Cayce Dozen" and Appendix on Sexual Activity dramatically improved my life. Thanks!

5.0 out of 5 stars This Book Changed My Life!!!, December 24, 2008
MyZeRy3216 "lilhotboy247" (Chesterland, OH United States) - See all my reviews
To be quite honest . . . I don't feel like writing a complete and thorough review but POINT, BLANK, PERIOD; This book changed my life & I would recommend it to ANYONE! If you read this book and are at that point in your life, ready to ask serious questions and keep an optimistic channel open, I believe this book is for you then.

GREAT BOOK!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars THIS MAN CHANGED MY LIFE AND YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO SET THE BOOK DOWN!!!!!, May 24, 2014
IF YOU WISH TO KNOW WHERE YOU CAME FROM ,WHY YOU ARE HERE,AND WHERE YOU ARE GOING, THEN READ THIS AND OTHERS.THIS MAN IS SAID TO BE THE GREATEST PROPHET THAT HAS LIVED IN OUR LIFE TIME. HIS MORE THAN FOURTEEN
THOUSAND READINGS ARE PRESERVED AT THE ASSOCIATION FOR RESEARCH AND ENLIGHTENMENT.

DOUG GRIFFEN SHELTON WASH

The Essential Edgar Cayce
The Essential Edgar Cayce by Edgar Cayce (Paperback - July 2004)
$14.95 $11.55