Truck Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it A. Sinclair Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now SnS

on September 15, 2011
I was looking for an encyclopedia and some basic recipes. This book was way too basic, but might be useful for someone who knows nothing about oils. The encyclopedia section was much to small, and the information was disorganized. I returned it and purchased Julia Lawless' Illustrated Encyclopedia of Essential Oils, and for recipes and even more detailed info, go to: '[...] aka 'Esoteric Oils'. This is not a book I recommend because the information was very limited.
on June 24, 2009
You could write this book yourself after mixing essential oils for a few days...just not impressive. I wish I'd listened to intuition and not purchased the book. There may be some good things for beginners but it was blah simple boring.
on March 21, 2000
I purchased this book for the purpose of getting advice on creating my own blends using essential oils. The recipes included in this book are versatile and provide enough background info to enable the reader to achieve this goal. The author transmits friendly excitement about integrating essential oils into our daily routines. Her writings act as a guide to the beginner and encourage him/her to look for new uses.
on August 2, 2005
I like this set of books on aromatherapy and essential oils. They explain the whys and hows of aromatherapy in an easy to understand way and give you cool recipes for potions. Good for the beginner and a great reference.
on April 20, 2015
Item arrived quickly, as described. I love the clarity of this book. The author reviews basic properties of many essential oils; then suggests potential uses. Whether you are just beginning your adventures with essential oils, or are an experienced "oily" and want to explore more combinations of oils, this book is a great resource!
on May 12, 2010
I bought this book based on the reviews above. It is a very basic book, and not very well organized. As one other reviewer said, the essential oil suppliers websites have more information for free than this book has.
on July 29, 2013
I really enjoy this book. As a novice where it concerns essential oils, I was very satisfied with the organization and content of the book. It organizes the different essential oils into very common, somewhat common, and rare and gives you details on each of the listed oils. It highlights common and recommended uses for said oils and also provides you with many different recipes. Although my EO collection is so small as to be laughable, I still get great use out of this book and find myself referencing it often!
on December 4, 2006
This is a fun book packed with ideas for using essential oils! I read it when I first started using the oils and am still using it 10 years later!!
on April 2, 2015
Even though it's a older book it sitll has very reliable information and with the insane craze regarding oils right now we all need someone with some experience to give us sound advice! Happy I have it. I learned a lot and most of all not to just believe everything i hear about essential oils. They are wonderful and i love them but they are also strong and can be very dangerous if not used properly.
on August 12, 2012
I love this book and use it almost daily as a guide for use of my essential oils. It gives lots of great references and ideas for the use of many different essential oils. Great for beginners like me, but also gives many ideas for more experienced people.