Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Segway miniPro

100%
Format: Paperback|Change

on December 18, 2010
This book covers the gamut of Persona development. From conception to retirement.

What I really like about it is that it's very practical, gives clear examples and yet anyone with common sense can really adjust its methodologies to suit any situation. I will never look at flip charts and post it notes in the same way again!

The author advocates assumption based, data based and mixed data/assumption personas depending on the scale and nature of the problem/situation.

With a comprehensive case study and many examples of persona usage in the wild it's a solid text.

The book took me beyond my previous perceptions of the extent of the utility of personas in the wild. It changed them!

I am now convinced that anyone or any organization can and should make use of personas in the development of web experiences or any user experience for that matter.

I think the most amazing testimony I can give is when i actually used the techniques in the wild. You will see exactly how non user centric corporate clients struggle but more importantly you WILL witness the complete transformation of them too! They begin to see not what they want to say but what these "personas" want to hear, what they need to hear.

Totally worth my time and money

Buy the dang book!
on April 24, 2012
For those who are not aware, building personas is one of the best ways I know of to help make informed marketing decisions. "The Essential Persona Lifecycle" is the most complete and best source of information about persona development that I have found.