Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it PME Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

on February 19, 2014
I would love to give this book an A but the Kindle version is lacking a Table of Contents. This makes it very difficult to navigate.
Otherwise, the book is a very useful tool in planning.

Edited 2/26/14:
I hate leaving a bad review for something so I won't change the star rating, but DON'T buy the KINDLE version of this book. It lack a table of contents, as mentioned, and several pages are repeated. For example, the same questions are given for the water cycle and for weather. This happens in other parts of the book. So now I have to look through the whole thing and the lack of table of contents just makes it worse. I wish I could return this and get the printed version :(
on July 15, 2014
Disappointing!!! I teach middle and high school social studies. I don't know what I was expecting but this wasn't it. I was really excited to order this and then in Less than 100 pages didn't find what I wanted
( I know it was only 11.00 but still...) The suggested questions are comprehension in style not necessarily critical thinking. It would also be nice if you knew the book was geared toward 4th-8th grade in the description The social studies questions all revolve around American history which is fine because in upper elementary typically that is what is taught.
on July 18, 2015
Teachers, don't hesitate. This book is everything it claims to be -and with your genius, you'll make it even more! You'll learn the importance of, and how to write, essential questions (while also receiving a ready list). This book has become an ESSENTIAL addition to my professional library. No QUESTION about it. (tee-hee) : )
on October 18, 2015
So, the title of this book says, " Guiding Questions That Help You Plan". Key word...PLAN!!! If Scholastic Teaching Resources can't be organized enough to title the chapters, WHY would/should I believe that Scholastic Teaching Resources can label the chapters, WHY would I trust Scholastic Teaching Resources to help me plan ANYthing? Maybe, Scholastic Teaching Resources will consider rectifying this issue.
Also, I find it interesting that a company with all manner of resources at their fingertips didn't see the value in labeling the chapters.
btw, I have a Kindle; The hard copy has Chapter names you can see if you open the "look inside" option by the picture of the book at the upper left corner. When I look inside on the Kindle version, I see no chapters listed at all. Since this is a "resource", it'd be nice to be able to find information quicker by using chapters/chapter titles.
on September 28, 2013
The book was purchased to help out the teachers at my school with planning and preparation. We've glanced through the book, but I plan to go into depth with our first year teachers to help them prepare unit plans.
on August 31, 2014
Not quite what I expected as far as essential questions. Wanted for Math sections is only a couple of pages. Good to help start some question ideas
on November 14, 2013
This will give me help when I'm struggling to articulate "why" we have to teach the objectives we are given.
on April 14, 2014
I bought this for my teachers to model essential questions as they were creating their own units. All agreed that it was super helpful, even if they didn't use the exact EQs in the book.
on June 16, 2013
This guideline saves HOURS of editing and formulating questions that dovetail into Common Core. I purchased two copies : one for me and one for best friend.
on April 17, 2014
Lots of good examples for essential questions. A good starting point to elaborate and create questions for lots of subjects.