5.0 out of 5 stars Another great Bible study by Fr. Pacwa
Published 21 months ago by Stuart Dunn

2.0 out of 5 stars SAME OLD
Sorry to inform you this booklet was not what I expected, consequently I returned it. The subject of the book, "The Eucharist" deserves more than "a Bible Study Guide", specially in the case of Catholics. Gonzalo T. Palacios, Ph.D., C.U.A. 1970
Published 20 months ago by Gonzalo T. Palacios

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great Bible study by Fr. Pacwa, March 28, 2013
This review is from: The Eucharist: A Bible Study Guide for Catholics (Paperback)
Most people probably know Fr. Pacwa from one of his numerous shows on EWTN. However, he is also the author of several other Bible study books including one on The Year of Faith and another on St. Paul. In "The Eucharist," Fr. Pacwa helps us understand the true meaning of this Blessed Sacrament. We first start by seeing how it compares to the Old Testament sacrifice and then move on to the actual words of sacrifice used in both the New Testament and the Mass.

This book also discusses the parallels between the Eucharist and Passover while also explaining Christ's priesthood. The most fascinating part to me, though, was the section devoted to Jesus' words, "Eat my Body and Drink my Blood." This Biblical passage is definitely a stumbling block for many today and was in Jesus' day as well. I definitely believe that the Eucharist becomes the actual Body and Blood of Jesus, but this section helped me appreciate the Scriptural evidence of it even more.

I love Fr. Pacwa's Bible studies. They are straightforward and, unlike other studies, all you need is his book and a Bible. Divided into six sections, one could easily complete this study in a week. However, you could also choose to only do one section a week if you are crunched for time. If you want to understand the Jewish roots of the Eucharist, this book is for you. If you are friends with a bunch of Protestants who say the Eucharist is a symbol and not the actual Body and Blood of Jesus, then reading this book will provide you Biblical examples for next time they say this. In reality, any Catholic with a pulse would benefit from this 5 star book. Pick it up from Our Sunday Visitor and deepen your appreciation of the Eucharist during The Year of Faith.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fr. Pacwa has done all the work for us!, March 12, 2013
I have wanted to pull all this together for a long time...now all the work is done. For Catholics who don't have a full understanding of what Eucharist is, and non- catholics who have been told that we made all this stuff up and are non"bible-believers" this sheds new and great light on the center of our belief....Christianity is a Eucharistic faith! Find it in the Bible! thank you Fr. Pacwa!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Bible study for Lent, March 4, 2013
Polly King (ROANOKE, IN USA) - See all my reviews
For Lent this year I decided to add a Bible study to my morning prayer and devotional time and chose this book by Fr. Pacwa. I went through about 1/3 to 1/2 of each chapter per morning, taking about 20-30 minutes, which included looking up Bible passages. This book does an excellent job of explaining the meaning of The Eucharist, and tying it back to the Old Testament and Jewish tradition, as well as the practices of the Early Christians. I have a richer understanding of the Eucharist, and a more profound appreciation for the miracle that happens at every Mass. I highly recommend this Bible study, which was perfect for a personal devotion but would also be great in a group setting.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nailed It, March 4, 2013
Fr. John (Leesburg, VA, US) - See all my reviews
This Bible based study guide is clear and very well designed. Session "Old Testment Background" gives the foundation for all that follows.

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved this book!, February 23, 2013
This is very a very good book. If you don't have time to really study with it, it is still good just to read through.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent bible study for those who want to understand the meaning of our Christian Easter, April 23, 2013
I am not Roman Catholic. I am a long time (30+years) Episcopalian who started religious life as a Methodist. I completed 4 years of EFM (Education for Ministry) and therefore studied most of the old and new testament along with my churches theology. Like the Roman church, our church makes the Eucharist the center of our worship and long time Episcopalians need the sacrament frequently. I became "hooked" on church history. I enjoy watching Father Mitch's shows on EWTN. This is wonderful bible study for anyone who would like to understand the meaning of the Eucharist in trinitarian traditions. I read the book with my bible at my side. This book will make a great group study. Reading this study was a wonderful preparation for this Easter season.

5.0 out of 5 stars Enlightening, December 30, 2013
Well written and easy to follow. If you really want to know all about the Eucharist, this is the book for you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Must Read for Catholics!, November 13, 2013
C. Hostetler (campbell, california United States) - See all my reviews
I really enjoyed Fr.Mitch's book. It reveals the origin, sacrifice, and true presence of Christ in the Eucharist.
This is a must read for every Catholic! This would also make a great scripture study course for parishes!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fr. Mitch Pacqa, June 29, 2013
Fr. Mitch outlined and explained the Eucharist that made the book simply a joy to read. I am looking forward to reading more of what this author has to say.

5.0 out of 5 stars Devotion to the Eucharist!, April 26, 2013
As always, Fr. Pacwa's book is a jewel! One can be assured that any book written by Fr. Pacwa is a 'must read'!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

The Eucharist: A Bible Study Guide for Catholics
The Eucharist: A Bible Study Guide for Catholics by Mitch Pacwa (Paperback - January 22, 2013)
$9.95 $9.81