Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: The Everything Ghost Hunting Book: Tips, tools, and techniques for exploring the supernatural world
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Billy Talent Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on September 28, 2009
I've read a number of "paranormal investigating" how-to books, but this is the one I'm most impressed with. First, it covers topics the other guides don't: a history of hauntings through the ages, following scientific protocols and team member accountability, and mapping power sources and natural anomalies (and that's just the beginning--I've learned more from this book than any of the others I've read). Second, each topic is covered in depth, and in many cases it takes the reader through a step-by-step how to. Third, it's well written and concise.

This book is not only a wonderful primer for beginners, but a good resource to have for intermediates as well as those who are seasoned: everything is easily found using the index, so it's a great reference guide. In addition, those who aren't paranormal investigators (such as writers and journalists) who need to research the topic in order to sound knowledgeable about what they're writing will also find this invaluable.

If you're looking for a well-researched book that covers every topic in paranormal investigating, get this one. You won't be disappointed.
on July 5, 2010
I have only been on a few ghost hunts with professional investigators, but never on my own. So I decided, from what I had experienced, that I wanted to explore paranormal investigation, ghost hunting in particular, in more depth. I had heard a lot of good things about Ms. Ellis' book, so I bought it and devoured it. Not only was it full of extremely helpful information, but was fun to read. I had some issues with how expensive this "hobby" might get, but after coming to the logical result that to do anything well you must have the proper tools, I purchased the equipment suggested by this book. I can't say enough about this book for a semi-amateur ghost hunter like myself. What a find! I highly recommend this book. Kudos to the author.
on June 9, 2010
I have no clue what "Marve" read. For that matter, its obvious Marve doesn't know what Marve read! Too bad, because this extremely well written book offers the novice researcher everything he or she needs to know to make a decision as to whether paranormal investigation is for them. This field requires the participant to open their closed mind, not to slam the door and lock it.

THE EVERYTHING GHOST HUNTING BOOK delivers what the title promises and then some. It is highly entertaining, but at the same time its also a painstakingly researched factual guide to all aspects of paranormal research and investigation. Unlike many "guides" before it, it provides the rarely seen diverse insights of actual investigator's working in this field.

Buy this book, you will not be disappointed!
on August 15, 2013
Even though I have learned a lot about ghost hunting by watching all of the shows on t.v., this book is a must have. It explains in great detail all of the various aspects of ghost hunting from the types of hauntings to ways to protect yourself and conduct an investigation.
on July 7, 2010
Great book. Has a lot of good information. Used this book to get my beginner equipment
on July 9, 2011
I am so glad that this book was recomended with another purchase. It explaines past and current events and answered a lot of questions, that were not on line. I do not plan to go out and ghost hunt, but this geographic area in Florida in which I live, has a violent past going back hundreds of years. Now I am more comfortable when an event happens or when some one around me takes a picture and has an item in the back ground that wasn't planned on. Read the Book! jt :)
on December 2, 2012
A really interesting and informative read! The author does an extremely good job on what could be a tough subject. Her approach is thorough and scientific. Highly recommended for both those who are beginners and those who already have some experience in this area.
on April 10, 2012
I have been conducting paranormal research for at least fifteen years. I am currently writing my own book regarding an aspect of this topic. I used "The Everything Ghost Hunting Book" as further research material and was delightfully surprised. I was expecting a rather cursory view since the book title has the word "Everything" in it. Granted, each of the topics that this book addresses could be an entire book of its own. However, I think the strength of this work is that it actually does take the realm of all things paranormal and address them in an entertaining and a cunningly concise manner. There are a few pictures sprinkled throughout and some real life investigation stories to stimulate the appetite for more. This book provides the technical aspects as well as the use of psychics during an investigation. It also deals with the subject of protection and provides reasonable warnings not to take the act of paranormal investigation too lightly. "The Everything Ghost Hunting Book" is a great learning tool for anyone interested in exploring the world of the paranormal.
on April 23, 2010
I read This book for the first time and I was very impressed. I am only an amateur ghost hunter and enjoyed the book very much. Loaded with lots of hints and it is an easy read. I think that this book will not disappoint the seasoned ghost hunter as well as the beginning investigator.
on December 13, 2009
The book is very factual with most of the information that the author has presented. Would recommend any Ghost Hunter to read this book for some tips on like how to dress, tools, etc.