Professional restaurant supplies Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now SnS

on September 27, 2004
This book was much more thorough than the other books we looked at, especially the "Dummies" book. Maybe not as fun to read, but much more useful.
on February 5, 2006
The author clearly has a great deal of knowledge and experience with golden's, but the book is extremely poorly written. The topics explored are very relevant and useful, but discussion was cosmetic at best. Nothing was ever described with enough detail to be useful. It felt like the author wrote the book over a weekend without putting any serious thought into what they wanted to discuss or convey.
on October 17, 2014
I enjoyed reading this book as I prepare for welcoming a Golden into my home. The sections on training with clicks and treats are especially helpful. I feel much more informed after reading this book. I would have given 5stars, except I disagree with the author's philosophy on vaccination. I trust my vet, who has many years of experience. He has seen vaccine preventable diseases in underimmunized pets. Vaccines are safe and important. I also trust his recommendations about dog food. Thanks for the excellent information on training and temperament.
on August 19, 2011
Along with this book I ordered a couple of other Golden Retriever books, while all of them had valuable information, I found that Everything Golden Retriever had very useful instructions about the clicker training, which I was keen to learn. The text seemed to be answering exactly the questions I had at the exact right moment when I needed them. The layout of the information is most useful and easy to read.
on August 12, 2008
This is an easy read, and lots of good tips. I would also recommend Golden Retrievers for Dummies, this has the most thorough information of any Golden Retriever book I have read.
on October 15, 2013
Although i'm an inexperienced dog owner i found the book very informative. It's the second book i read about golden retrievers. It has a good structure, covers many topics and it's easy and fun to read. The book helped me to understand basic things about the breed but it doesn't make a big distinction between goldens and the general idea of dog. It gave me the impression that i could use it as a ruller to any breed. After all it's a good book worth buying.
on November 26, 2007
This book contains a lot of facts and the information is conveyed concisely. This fact-based format makes it ideal for short multi-minute reads rather than reading from cover to cover.
I especially liked the information that educates you on what the Golden is thinking. This "get inside the dogs' head" approach helps emensely with understanding why they do/don't do what you expect and what to do about it...
on May 10, 2011
We have owned ( although with a Golden the word doesn't seem appropriate ) many Golden Retrievers over the years of life with children and now grandchildren, and have found this book, which we only recently discovered, to be an excellent guide to this intelligent, enthusiastic breed of dog. We are giving it to our son and another friend who is adopting their first Golden, and we are also recommending it to our breeder to give with all puppies adopted ! The authors clearly love the breed's sensitive and loving nature and respect it with their training. ( We have opted not to use clickers but that doesn't negate the training tips in the least ) To train a Golden puppy is a labour of love itself, to be undertaken with the care in the manner described in this book, but then a worthwhile investment for the best companion we believe a family can have.
on June 28, 2011
I'm searching to buy a dog next year. This book fully met my expectations. If you are looking for a book to cover the basics this should do the trick. It has a little of everything, but doesn't go into much specifics. If you looking for guidance on training, health, grooming, etc. book get a book that strictly deals with this field. However, for a family planning on purchasing a dog and wants to go a little more indepth with the breed (i.e. I'm debating between a Golden Retriever and Labrador Retriever) this book is perfect. If you're reading this as a family (with kids) the illustrations aren't ideal for very young kids. It would be great for ages 10+.
on December 10, 2014
This book was everything I expected and more, full of great information about Golden Retreivers. I ordered this book and had it in my hands in just a few days. It arrived packaged well and no damage.