Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it PME Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on March 1, 2009
I am a librarian and have bought a lot of books on genealogy but this one is fantastic. It is loaded with websites and ideas and to have it all in one place is just staggering. The author did a great job.
on November 13, 2008
This was my first purchased book on genealogy. It was great. There is so much I didn't know. I've been doing genealogy for 12 years, here and there. I definitely recommend this book to beginners and advanced genealogist.
on December 28, 2008
This book offer a trememdous amount of very useful information for doing online genealogy. I prefer the information in it compared to "Printed Sources .. a guide to Published Genealogy Records". It is well written and user friendly.
on January 27, 2009
This book is great. It tells a lot of stuff I already knew about researching family history, but I also learned a lot just in the first Chapter! This is a must have for serious researchers!
on June 23, 2009
This was my first book on Genealogy I purchased and it has been a big help, after I had started my family tree. It's packed with great information and on-line resourses and also, some samples of family tree research. A must have for your Genealogy library.
on May 4, 2009
THIS HANDBOOK IS A GREAT ASSET TO SOMEONE JUST STARTING OUT IN GENEALOGY (AS I AM). IN FACT, I PURCHASED 2 COPIES; ONE FOR ME AND ONE FOR MY SISTER. NOW WE BOTH CAN BURN UP THE NET!
on January 30, 2010
Started researching family history a couple years ago, but was't making much headway. This book really has helped me get going and is improving my results. I purchased the book along with the Family tree maker 2010 software which is a much better than the previous editions. A great book to buy.
on May 19, 2011
I've worked on my family's genealogy off and on for forty years. Now that I'm retired, I'm trying to organize all the information I have to pass on to my son and granddaughter. I looked at scads of genealogy "help" books before purchasing this one. I love the ease of reading the "Everything Series" books and the simplicity of following the recommendations made by the author. Yes, many of the sites require payment, but the author is specific to indicate which are free and which are not. I intend to use this reference again and again. Now, however, I'm tempted to buy the newer version so that I can see what updates might have been added.
on September 12, 2010
I have read most of this book, did not finish it because of new semester at college. Will finish it when class settles down.

What I have read so far is very interesting. This book has chapter titles and subtitles and if you are doing genealogy for the first time, or not, I would highly recommend this book. Chapter 2 Begin Backward and Chapter 3 Learn How to Search are to me the most important start to genealogy.

The book has 4 useful guides to help you: questions? Answers to common questions, e-link Important snipets of information, e-Alerts urgent warnings and Essenials qick hand tips. I am familiar with the author, Kimberly Powell as I subscribe to her articles on a genealogy website named on the cover of the book and the articles have been very helpful to me.
on December 28, 2010
This is one of the four or five "Online Genealogy" books which I own and,if it has a defect, it is probably the over-enthusiastic title. Other than the implausibility of "EVERYTHING," I find it to be well written, relatively comprehensive and worth my investment.