Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: The Everything Juicing Book: All you need to create delicious juices for your optimum health (Everything®)
Industrial Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on August 22, 2010
I am new to juicing and I just love this book! It has so many yummy recipes and it gives just enough information on the nutritional aspects of the ingredients. My favorite part is the customized recipes for just about any ailment you can think of. It's easy to read and well written. I have never liked greens before and they have many recipes to help mask the taste. There are detailed sections on vitamins and their function. This is an excellent home remedy book for all juicers. It has recipes for weight loss, asthma, detox, bloating, cancer fighting, heartburn, the list goes on. I don't feel the need to buy any other juicing books at this point.
22 comments| 166 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 12, 2011
Just got our copy today and I have already made a dent in reading it. I wasn't sure about this whole juicing thing, but really wanted to try it after seeing Fat, Sick and nearly Dead, but he doesn't offer any information about why things are good for you and what each offers. This book goes in depth about the various fruits and veggies, what their flavors are, what goes with what, and which types are best for certain health issues. There are a lot of recipes, most of which look really good! I can't wait to dive into the various recipes!
33 comments| 69 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 26, 2011
This is a great book; it tells you all the healing properties of each fruit and vegetable, what they are used for and how to make juice with them. I found it very informative and useful for me as I'm just beginning to venture into the land of juicing. As someone who is not particularly fond of fruits and veggies, this has been a very useful resource.
on August 8, 2011
Great book, especially for beginners... I found this book easy to read and comprehend. With so much information you would think you would get overwhelmed, not so... Each section is broken down and each section has juicing recipes for various diseases. For example if you are having digestion problems, there is a juice recipe for that, Diabetes juice recipes for that, even constipation! From picking the right juicer to little eFacts and eAlerts this book has it all. Love it!!
on June 27, 2012
I bought this book and "The Big Book of Juices" at the same time as I bought my first juicer, based on reviews here at Amazon.com. I like the Big Book of Juices better.

This book is okay, but chock full of health claims for all sorts of juices and foods. I really don't need the health claims. I stopped reading them after a few pages. If you're buying a juicer, you probably already know that fresh juice is good for you, so you don't need all that health info. I suppose it might be more useful to someone not sure of what they are getting into, or someone who is looking to ameliorate a certain ailment.

There are also plenty of recipes, different from the other book, and the ones I've tried so far are good, so it was not a waste of money.
on May 15, 2012
I was surprised by this book. I thought it was only a juicing book. But it is much more. It is a healthy way of living. And I would recommend this book to anyone who wants to feel better and even loose weight....but mostly to live a healthy life.
on November 13, 2012
The recipes were okay (some really good), but it was difficult to find for example: all the things you can make with vegetables or brocolli or apples. I should have read the description better. There was way too much information at the beginning of each section when the pages could have included more recipes.
on April 27, 2012
The book certainly has quality information on juicing and the benefits associated with juicing. The kindle apps for this book sucks, there is no index, limited search features and book marking is limited.
on February 2, 2014
I bought this as a mainstream resource to complement a lot of rather dense material related to juicing and health. I figured since I was curious about a juice cleanse it might be worth it. Not so. In just an hour of light browsing/reading I have found the following:

a carrot juice that has no carrots in the ingredients
almost all the nutritional information is woefully incorrect. I am not even sure how they got it so wrong, but generally everything is about 50-100% more than the realirty. They might have taken the nutritional info of all the ingredients and added them all up.
several times you'll see 6-8 cups worth of high-liquid ingredients go into the juicer but magically only 1 cup of juice comes up
the authors apparently don't know what a pomegranate is based on their instructions (if you followed them literally, you would juice the husk and throw away the juicy seeds)
nutritional charts with odd errors like listing parsley more than once in the same cell
lots and lots of dubious health claims, especially when related to Alzheimer's, cleanses, alkalizing, etc. I get fad diets exist and often are harmless enough (and provide unexpected benefits by forcing the dieter to pay more attention to what goes in their body) but this is rather explicit about its health claims, despite often being based on one vague and small study.

Anyhow, this is a rushed review based on an initial impression. I might spend another hour or two with it but I think this needs to get sent back.
on March 1, 2015
Not what I was hoping for. If you're looking for juice recipes with multiple ingredients, this book isn't for you. If you're looking for some simple 2 or 3 ingredient juices, this this IS the book for you. On the one hand, it gives you the juice recipes that have ingredients that are good for common ailments, but the recipes are really uninspiring, and the title is misleading because of that. I haven't made any juices from this book, I like more ingredients in mine, more nutrients in each glass if I'm going to use my juicer and have to clean it.