Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on January 15, 2011
I purchased this cookbook for my niece, who is 9. It does have lots of recipies, but where are the pictures of what you are cooking. I'm an adult, and I like pictures of recipies. I know a child has to want to see pictures of the finished recipie. I do appreciate that it has cooking utensil information, and games, but lets get some recipie pictures too.
on October 11, 2008
Instill in a child a love of cooking and you provide them with the skills and attitudes that will serve them well throughout their lives. Now in and updated and expanded second edition, "The Everything Kids' Cookbook" by Sandra K. Nissenberg (a registered dietician and specialist in child nutrition) provides a compendium of ninety thoroughly 'kitchen cook friendly' recipes specially designed for boys and girls. With step-by-step illustrated instructions the recipes range from Breakfast Crepes; Tasty Tuna Melt; Oven-Fried Fish; and Tuna Noodle Casserole; to Chicken Quesadilla with Salsa; Ultimate Peanut Butter-Chocolate Squares; and Creamy Dreamy Root Beer Float. There are even do-it-yourself recipes for Handmade Play Dough; Cereal Necklaces; and Edible Finger Paints! "The Everything Kids' Cookbook" is enthusiastically recommended for family and community library children's cookbook collections.
on May 25, 2009
I purchased this cookbook for my youngest grandson, age 8, because he told me he likes to cook with his mom. His dad is in the Army and they are presently stationed in Europe. He received the book so much faster than I thought he would, considering the distance it traveled, that I was a little surprised when he called me to say thanks.

C. J. said thst he had already gone over every page in the book and picked out several recipes that he was going to make. He said it was really easy to read and he understood the directions.

This is a ringing endorsement from an 8 year-old.
on February 10, 2009
I bought the book hoping to have more colored pictures for the grandchildren so we could see what we were cooking before we cooked it. Unfortunately, the pictures are not great in this book. The recipes are fun, but not for my intended purpose.
on February 16, 2011
I ordered this cookbook for my 7 - 10 yr old. I was excited to receive the cookbook and pick out recipes the kids and I could make together. When I opened the cookbook I found the recipes to be in black and white. Visually unattractive and very boring. Kids need colorful pictures to inspire them to help cook. I was very dissapointed in this cookbook and wondered how it received so many rave reviews.
on January 11, 2009
I bought this book for my 11 yr old but most of the recipes were too basic for him. It is probably good for a much younger child.
on April 25, 2009
This was my daughter's first cookbook for "cooking for real." She's 8 years old and she's now cooking dinner for us one night a week. The directions are very age appropriate.
on February 13, 2016
This cookbook is excellent! I read a lot of reviews for different books prior to purchasing this one for my 10 year old daughter. This is a great cookbook! The directions are easy to follow and they are really tasty. I don't think there's been anything that hasn't been good so far! It's paperback and a good size for her to manage when she's cooking.
on September 6, 2010
My son was mildly intrested in this book (No Pictures) and the recipes were just ok. I make just about everything in here with my own recipes and mine are 10times better and healthier. Has great holiday recips. which its great but there rest is ok. This is a great book for parents who can't cook and just want the basics aka scrabbled eggs!
on January 25, 2013
The puzzles and tips were a great asset, the steps were clear, it covered kitchen safety . . . but how good is a cook book that doesn't have photos of either the steps or the finished dishes?--particularly for beginning cooks who would like to see that their efforts have resulted in the correct product.