Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon St Lucia Bose SoundLink AE All-New Amazon Fire TV Valentine's Day Cards Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now SnS

on February 27, 2011
This is a bit wordy for true youngsters just starting to read, but with a 7 year old who can read 5th-6th grade level, she found it quite interesting and understandable. There are projects in addition to just reading about it, so be ready to get engaged with your kid instead of sit around on your lazy butt hoping your kid learns through osmosis or read and regurgitate.

It was a great introduction to the topic and an overall perusal of the subject to get a kid interested in something other than video games and TV.
on March 1, 2010
so we naturally are enjoying this book. They have wonderful simple experiements that any child would enjoy. I also enjoy the time I get with my son and the bonding we have together during these activities.
on January 14, 2014
My Grandson 5 yrs young just absolutely got so taken up with this gift he could not put it down.
Its a wonderful learning experience for them by themselves.
Thank you. I will look forward to purchasing more of these gifts to teach & help them grow interested
and intelligently think about Nature and its beauty.
Ms. Elmie Shullai Elkins
on August 22, 2013
I bought this for my classroom but there are many activities that I plan to do when I teach certain science units this year. A worthwhile purchase for kids who like to explore or for teachers who want to make science more hands-on.
on January 6, 2014
Think book is a bit advanced for my seven year old grandson. Some experiments seem okay with some adult help. Holding it back until next year when he will be a third grader. Sure it will be useful beyond that grade. Also purchased EK Science Experiments and waiting until next year to give. .
on February 4, 2014
We live in the far north (Alaska). This book is great for learning about things we don't have up here in nature on those bad weather days when we have to stay inside, and also to try to go find those things we do have up here on good weather days.
on January 25, 2013
I bought this book to replace one that I had accidentally damaged (spilled tea on it!!) for work- which meant I got to keep the damaged copy. Fine with me- this is a really great resource!
on April 12, 2014
This is perfect for my nine-year-old grandson and his school mates. They love choosing an experiment and watching the results.
on February 3, 2010
anytime you can respond by saying its a 'great product and was shipped on time' has got to be good, right?
on December 23, 2014
Second of this series bought! My son loved the experiment book he has in this series, so we decided to get him this one for Christmas. He loves being outside so I am sure he will enjoy this one. The book arrived on time as described, however it was difficult to get out if the mailer envelope. I almost ripped the cover since it was very tight.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse