About the Author
Jennifer M. Bendelius, M.S., R.D., earned her masters degree from Columbia University. She is a member of the American Dietetic Association. Ms. Bendelius lives in Fort Lee, New Jersey.
Excerpt. © Reprinted by permission. All rights reserved.
1 ½ Lb. Ground Beef, Lean
1 Medium Onion
4 Cloves Garlic
6 Slices Italian Bread
2 oz. Grated Parmesan Cheese
1. Cut artichoke in half lengthwise Leave stem on but peel with vegetable peeler Remove choke blanche and shock Peel and dice onion and shallot Peel and mince garlic.
2. Slice bread thick Soak in water Squeeze water out.
3. Mix ground meat, onions, garlic, shallot, oregano, basil, pepper, bread, eggs, and Parmesan cheese.
4. Stuff leaf Place cut side down in deep roasting pan.
5. Bake covered at 375 for 45 minutes.
6. Uncover and bake for 10 15 minutes.
Turkey Breast Piccatta
1 ½ Lb. Boneless Turkey Breast
¼ Cup Flour
¼ Bunch Parsley
¼ Cup White Wine*
½ Tbsp. Capers
1 Tbsp. Olive Oil
½ Cup Turkey Stock (page XX)
1. Slice turkey breast into thin scalloping size portions - Zest, grate and juice lemon - Clean and chop parsley
2. Heat oil to medium high temperature in large sauté pan - Dredge turkey in flour - Sauté until light golden brown on each side.
3. Add wine and lemon juice - Let reduce by half - Add stock and simmer in high temperature for 1 minute.
4. Remove from pan and keep warm - Allow liquid to reduce by half.
5. To serve sprinkle with capers and parsley - Drizzle with sauce.
2 Tsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 Medium Onion
3 Cloves Garlic
1 ½ Cup Arborio Rice
¼ Cup White Wine *
1 ½ Lb. Lobster *
¼ Cup Asiago Grated Cheese
½ Bunch Parsley
1. Heat oil in medium frying pan - Peel and dice onion and shallot - Peel and mince garlic - Sauté onion for 2 minutes, add shallot to sauté for 1 minute more - Add garlic let sauté for yet another minute.
2. Add rice - Mix well with sautéed mixture - Pour in wine and let reduce.
3. Add stock, ½ cup at a time - Stir until fully incorporated before adding the rest - Continue process until all stock is incorporated and rice is thoroughly cooked.
4. Remove from heat - Stir in cooked lobster and cheese - Sprinkle with parsley and serve.