5.0 out of 5 stars The recipes I've tried have been GREAT!
Published on June 5, 2003

Published on January 21, 2006 by Smileypie

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars The recipes I've tried have been GREAT!, June 5, 2003
By A Customer
This review is from: The Everything Thai Cookbook: From Pad Thai to Lemongrass Chicken Skewers--300 Tasty, Tempting Thai Dishes You Can Make at Home (Paperback)
I was a bit intimidated to try to cook Thai food. It just seemed like it would be so difficult! The other Thai cookbooks I've looked at seemed a little too scary- how am I supposed to shop for the ingredients if I don't know what they are? This cookbook did a GREAT job of explaining things to me- from the ingredients to the cooking methods involved. Even better, the food is AWESOME! The meals are similar to what I get at my favorite sit-down Thai restaurant. This book is well worth the money for anyone who enjoys Thai food.

3.0 out of 5 stars No photos - Not authentic enough - Okay for Americanized Thai, January 21, 2006
Smileypie (Seattle, WA USA) - See all my reviews
Purchased this book with high hopes based on other reviews. I was very disappointed in the fact that there are NO PICTURES at all. I am a visual person, and enjoy seeing pictures of dishes; especially ones that can be a bit complex. The substitutions of Thai ingredients completely change the dish. Ginger is not the same flavor as Galangal....I could go on and on. The authentic ingredients are not too difficult to find these days. You can order online or just go to a specialty Market. It IS worth the trip to get the right stuff to cook these dishes with. If you like more authentic books with pictures, pass on this one. Try templeofthai.com for a great website and supplier.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Thai Recipes, February 25, 2008
I've tried over two dozen recipes in this book and they all work, taste great, and are reasonably authentic Thai flavor. A book worth having if you like cooking Thai food at home.

5.0 out of 5 stars I like it, February 26, 2005
I like the recipes in the book overall. So far I have only tried the pad thai and it came out delicious. I made a double batch and have been eating it all week, mmmm its so good. I have a tip on getting any hard to find ingredients, try natural food stores, they stock asian stuff sometimes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Yum! Be eating Thai quicky and easily, April 18, 2011
I love thai food. I like eating it more than looking at it. This was the book for me. The recepies were well presented and easy to follow. I was cooking and eating the night I got it! It was delicious. Yum!

If you like pretty pictures of food, this is not your book. It is focused on the receipies. There are a bunch of them. You can look at the results when you make it. The best part is you can do more than look at it, you get to eat it!

I found the book was very well presented and the plethora of recipes were well organized, both among each other and within each recipes. The variety and simple presentation are down to the business of cooking.

With the Everything Thai Cookbook I was eating the thai food I love quickly. If you are more interested in cooking Thai food than looking at pictures of it this is your book. It rates 5 stars for certain.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Recipies and Easy to Follow, April 30, 2006
Mary "margaret1008" (Honolulu, HI, United States) - See all my reviews
This book is super easy to follow and has tons of great tasting recipies.

1.0 out of 5 stars No table of contents, November 26, 2012
The Kindle edition has no table of contents. Are you kidding me? How am I to find what I want by thumbing through 100's of pages?

4.0 out of 5 stars preposterous, August 1, 2006
Susan W. Shepard (Redwood City, CA USA) - See all my reviews
I have not yet tried any of the recipes but felt I must respond to the critic who lambasted fish sauce-how ridiculous. Does he (she) not know that all Thai and most Vietnamese dishes have fish sauce in them? Perhaps the reviewer would be happier having a Thai dish from McDonald's or someplace similar.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this series!, August 29, 2010
This is so much more than a cookbook - it has Everything you wanted to know about Thai cooking and so much more.

4.0 out of 5 stars phenomenal recipes, February 16, 2013
The recipes are wonderful, but I would have liked to see some
photos of how the presentation would appear when done.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›