5.0 out of 5 stars Beware the Bears!
In typical understated Gorey fashion, we have the story of a family who ventures into a free garden looking for an afternoon's adventure, only to find that everything has a price. The illustrations are wonderful and minimalist and the characters as unique and odd as any Gorey fan would expect.

Pomegranate continues to impress with their masterful production...
Published on March 17, 2011 by sanchezkisser

2.0 out of 5 stars No Gorey drawings
I am a Edward Gorey fan and thought this would be a great addition to my collection. It is a VERY short poem written by Gorey. The book is 15 pages long. The illustrations are not by Gorey and do NOT stand up to his drawings.
I love dealing with Amazon and its affiliates but I don't like this book.
Published on May 22, 2011 by J. G. Rowinsky

5.0 out of 5 stars Beware the Bears!, March 17, 2011
This review is from: The Evil Garden (Hardcover)

Pomegranate continues to impress with their masterful production values. Their Gorey books are beautiful objects, full of mystery and delight and morbid humor. I for one, wouldn't have it any other way.

4.0 out of 5 stars Delightful, April 22, 2011
Helcura (Denver, CO United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Evil Garden (Hardcover)
The elegance of Edward Gorey's line drawings deserves a beautiful presentation, and Pomegranate has given us one in with cleanly printed, pleasantly thick pages in this small hardcover book. The tale offers cold-blooded rhymes, spare pen-work, and expressions of oh-so-civilized horror as the monsters close in.

What more could one ask for?

5.0 out of 5 stars Eduard Bluetig, August 30, 2012
This review is from: The Evil Garden (Hardcover)
I am amused that some people do not recognize the drawings of Edward Gorey, and are fooled by the "original pictures of O. Muede". I wonder if they also believe it was translated from German or that Gorey thru himself out of a window 3 times? This is a wonderful Edward Gorey book, obviously full of amusements, and fantastic Gorey drawings. Would be great to have an original, but Pomegranate books has done an absolutely magical job of reprinting.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful book with a fun story by Gorey, January 2, 2013
This review is from: The Evil Garden (Hardcover)
I love this book. I own a lot of the books Gorey wrote and I love this book. It's a fund and charming story with beautiful illustrations. It's one of the favorites in my collection and is a great price.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice edition for Edward Gorey fans, August 8, 2012
Amazon Customer (Hillsborough, NC USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Evil Garden (Hardcover)
I have been a fan of Edward Gorey since I was a Gashlycrumb tiny. This particular story (nursery rhyme? fairy tale?) is in Amphigorey Too, one of my favorite collections. A garden lures in a family with the promise of free admission and a gay afternoon, but one by one, each family member suffers a dire fate. This standalone edition by Pomegranate Communications is beautifully designed, with thick, glossy paper and a dustjacket in lurid pea-soup green. It makes a great addition to my Edward Gorey collection!

2.0 out of 5 stars No Gorey drawings, May 22, 2011
This review is from: The Evil Garden (Hardcover)
I love dealing with Amazon and its affiliates but I don't like this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars I dare you to enter the evil garden, March 17, 2011
This review is from: The Evil Garden (Hardcover)
If you or your child are a fan of rhyming couplets this is a fabulous introduction to this style of writing...it never misses a beat....it is atmosheric and creepy ..everthing a kid loves ...Eliza Keating

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book gone wrong, February 15, 2013
Fox Island (Hallowell, Maine, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Evil Garden (Hardcover)
I'm an Edward Gorey fan and this is a wonderful book, perfect for gardeners, but this printing somehow went awry. The text and pictures do not go together. (They are all there but don't match.) I returned the book and ordered another but same problem. Too bad, I would love to own a copy of this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Horridly funny, April 30, 2011
Susan H. (Newfield, NY United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Evil Garden (Hardcover)
This delightful little book is perfect for those who like their humor a little bit on the dark side. I bought one for a gift and one for me. If you like Edward Gorey's other work you will like this. I will be rereading this whenever I need a smile.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Evil Garden indeed!, March 24, 2011
Shelley D. Brook "boxinghelena" (Home of the 95, 2000 & 03 Stanley Cup Champions!) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Evil Garden (Hardcover)
The Evil Garden is probably one of my favorite stories of Edward Gorey. So much so I have a tattoo to prove it. This is such a delight to read. Dark Humor, simplistic and witty, just how I like. A must have for any Gorey collector.

The Evil Garden
The Evil Garden by Edward Gorey (Hardcover - March 15, 2011)
$12.95 $11.17