5.0 out of 5 stars A story only Cher could tell
Published on March 25, 2003

3.0 out of 5 stars Cher should stick to singing
I'm a Cher fan, but this book didn't cut it. Boring. I realize the book was titled "The First Time" but after reading Cher's first few times for this or that I got as bored as she looks on the cover.
I do "believe" that Cher should stick to singing, not writing.
Published on June 26, 2001 by Thomas Ligotti Reader

5.0 out of 5 stars A story only Cher could tell, March 25, 2003
This review is from: The FIRST TIME (Hardcover)
I have been a fan of Cher's for several years now, and it wasn't until recently that I finally decided to read The First Time. Let me say, I was not disappointed. Cher describes the important firsts in her life, which goes in detail from past to present. There are tales of the beginning of her music career, acting career, and so on. I always had an image of her being an honest and down to earth person, and that's exactly what was confirmed from reading this book. She can be sarcastic, but in a lovable way, and it's obvious that she only wants the best for people, as evident in how she helps children with Craniofacial disease, and other stories told in The First Time. I really enjoyed reading this book, and it's a must have for fans.

5.0 out of 5 stars She is still going Strong!, March 9, 2002
This review is from: The FIRST TIME (Hardcover)
What can I say about an Icon? This book is where Cher talks very openly about her life and is a must read for fans and non- fans alike as she remembers the "first time" on several events in her life. We can all find a little bit of strength in her personality and if we could all have a little bit of Cher's wisdom (displayed very well in this book) this world would be a much better place.

5.0 out of 5 stars The First Time, October 19, 2006
A Kid's Review
The First Time

By Cher

Genre: Autobiography

Star Rating: *****

There is a first time for everything. Wouldn't you say the first time is the best. It is the most fun, the scariest, the happiest, the hardest, the most exciting. The second or third time you do something, you know what to expect, you know what it is going to be like.

In The First Time Cher tells true first time stories that shaped her life.

This amazing autobiography has all the detailed perspectives Cher had on her life journey of fame. You may be able to relate to some of these events, even if Cher is a big star, you know what the first time feels like. She has feelings like you and me, which she lets out in her stories.

Cher does an amazing job of making you feel like you lived all of her experiences right next to her. It is a factual, yet interesting book that any Cher fan would love. She loves to tell her stories how they were. Even if there were some bad words included. She has an amazing memory of what happened-exactly.

After reading this book, I feel like I know Cher. She does an amazing job of telling all the details that mad Cher, Cher.

5.0 out of 5 stars AWESOME!!, August 14, 2000
Sebastian (Punta arenas, Chile) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The First Time (Paperback)
This book is absolutely amazing, you must have it...I read it in 2 days. This isn't just another book, this is CHER who read it to you...if you're a really CHER fan you must buy it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, April 9, 1999
This review is from: The FIRST TIME (Hardcover)
From the time I first opened this book I could not put it down. I was so sad when I finally came to the end! This is a definate must read for all Cher fans. Though it is not in typical book form it was full of great reading. I felt like Cher was there reading it to me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cher keeps us on our toes!, August 31, 2001
Elizabeth DellaPenta (Binghamton, New York United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The First Time (Paperback)
Love her or hate her, the icon that is known as Cher knows how to entertain! This book is light and fun and full of the usual Cher wit that anyone can appericate. Cher is candid and honest, which is why we all love her so. A MUST read for Cher fans and a fun time looking through tons of photos and lighthearted cher-talk for the few who don;t think much of the Diva. A great walk down memory lane with the woman who started it all[....]

4.0 out of 5 stars Not only a great book for fans, February 18, 2004
This review is from: The FIRST TIME (Hardcover)
The book seems to tell the truth about Cher`s life and you actually have the feeling you get to know her! All in all I would say it is interesting to read and contains a lot funny stories.

5.0 out of 5 stars "The First Time" is definitely a first., October 29, 1999
This review is from: The FIRST TIME (Hardcover)
To put it simply, I loved this book. It was funny witty, nostalgic, and i couldn't put it down. I realized that Cher is a real person...and I am exactly like her. I would recommend this book to anyone with an open mind and a good sense of humor.

5.0 out of 5 stars "The Ultimate Cher Book", October 19, 2010
Terrance Richard "Terry Richard" (Fredericton, New Brunswick, Canada) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: The First Time (Paperback)
"The First Time" is Cher's autobiography, written by her, yet told to writer Jeff Coplon. The book is a well-written account of one of the biggest celebrities in American history. Cher's writes about her life from the time she was born up until the book's publication in 1998.

In these pages Cher writes about meeting her dad for the first time when she was 11, her love of "West Side Story", singing back-up for Phil Spector in the sixties, her ultimate meeting with Sonny Bono at 16 and how he changed her life forever, her TV variety show with Sonny, the birth of her children, that terrible time in the early eighties when her records stopped selling and she thought her career was over, her eventual movie success and winning the Academy Award as Best Actress in 1988, and her comeback with music in the early nineties, plus much more.

"The First Time" is also filled with beautiful color and black and white photos and written the only way Cher knows how to write: with untamed humor that her ardent fans love.

I thoroughly enjoyed reading "The First Time" which is a better-than-average biography on a superstar.

4.0 out of 5 stars "....she's a V...A...M...P...", November 7, 2000
Gary Fisher (Salem, OR United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The First Time (Paperback)
Someone once said that there are only two things that would survive a nuclear holocost: cockroaches and Cher. No one's dropped the bomb, but Cher just goes on surviving, and this book, "The First Time," is a shining example. Cher's entire career has been a series of "firsts," and with this book, she takes us by the hand and leads us on a personal tour of her life. She guides us through some amazingly personal and humorous situations with pure honesty and candor. Let's face it, the girl has done it all. And it's all here for you to see. It's light and easy to read, giving us yet a little deeper insight into the phenomenon that is Cher.

The FIRST TIME
The FIRST TIME by Cher (Hardcover - November 17, 1998)
Used & New from: $0.01