5.0 out of 5 stars Expectation and Anticipation
Words from the first reflection "Expectation and Anticipation" certainly gave words to my excitement as I picked up my Kindle to begin this journey. It is a real treasure and one that a family can use to journey through Advent to Christmas!
Published 22 months ago by Catherine Keller

3.0 out of 5 stars Great Advent Book
I liked reading this book and learning more about St. Nick. It was a great advent book, and that's what I used it for. It is not a novel, if that is what you are looking for.
Published 6 months ago by Faye Nix

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Expectation and Anticipation, September 14, 2012
Catherine Keller (Newburgh, IN United States) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars getting closer to St Nicholas, October 20, 2012
Jim Forest (Alkmaar Netherlands) - See all my reviews
Ann Nichols' Advent book will not only help prepare its readers for Christmas but bring them closer to one of the great saints of Christian history, Saint Nicholas. Few saints have been the object of such universal affection. He is seen as a brave defender of Christian teaching, a model pastor, a protector of the poor and defenseless, and a guardian of children. He is the patron saint of seafarers, prisoners and orphans. Probably no other saint has been so often represented in icons except the Mother of Jesus. An astonishing number of churches are named in his honor.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Faith of St. Nick, October 24, 2012
shirley incerta (FRIENDSWOOD, TX, US) - See all my reviews
This is a GREAT informative as well as inspirational devotional!! East to read and fun to get the background of our "old" St. Nick. We are planning on ordering several copies to give as Christmas gifts to friends and family. A fun book to read and VERY well written and thought out!! A GREAT author!!! :-)

5.0 out of 5 stars A fun Christmassy read!, September 10, 2012
A really fun and entertaining book, not to mention highly informative. I caught myself thinking "I did not know that" quite a few times -- always a plus!
Honestly, I was enjoying reading this devotional so much that I didn't adhere to the one-chapter-per-day rule! I highly recommend it :)

4.0 out of 5 stars New information about St. Nick, March 7, 2013
This review is from: The Faith of St. Nick: An Advent Devotional (Value Books) (Kindle Edition)
I enjoyed the new information contained in this book. I also appreciated the thoughtful "might have beens" that were included along with many of the devotions.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, well thought - out devotions, February 18, 2013
This is a wonderful book and has beautiful well-thought out devotions for Advent. As a Christian and an admirer of St. Nick, I thoroughly enjoyed it.

5.0 out of 5 stars An extraordinary book!, January 28, 2013
M.D. (Southern USA) - See all my reviews
Ann Nichols' treatment of the history of St. Nicholas and how his legend transitioned into our modern American Santa Claus was excellent. I have always dealt with St. Nicholas/Santa Claus as an example of the gifts that were given at Jesus' birth, and the gifts we give our children and loved ones at Christmas are a manifestation of the love Jesus commanded us to show.

Having the historical facts presented in this devotional for use at Advent was lovely. We read it at meals as we lit the candles and prayed. It was a good way to get my grandchildren to connect the observance of the Holy Day with the holiday.

4.0 out of 5 stars Saint Nick Come Alive, January 26, 2013
I liked reading this day by day as I got to understand more of who Saint Nick really was. I like that the author just didn't tell me facts about Saint Nick, but wrote creative historically based stories that held my interest. I'm glad I was able to put the religion back into the Santa Claus that permeates our society at Christmas.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very inspirational, September 12, 2012
As a deployee to Afghanistan I found this book very comforting and inspirational. I couldn't wait till Christmas to read it. The author has a fantastic knowledge of the subject and a very easy to read style. Highly recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great way to keep Christmas real, November 4, 2012
Stanli (MANITOU SPRINGS, CO, United States) - See all my reviews
This inspirational devotional brings back the real meaning of Christmas. I would recommend it to all who want to have a meaningful Christmas this year. Thank you Ann for getting us focused on the real meaning of Christmas. I'm now looking forward to December 1 to start using it daily through Advent rather then dreading December shallowness.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›