Facility Spring Cleaning BDD_MSW16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Grocery Made in Italy Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now SnS

on January 30, 2007
This is a good book, a lot of good information is given and worth purchasing. The only exception, is that doesn't really speak to blended families so well or how a step-parent should deal with the trials which are faced and gone through especially when older children are involved.
on August 12, 2014
I bought this for my daughter and her family. I did not know a workbook was needed to go along with it. I don't believe it was stated in the review to purchase that a workbook was needed to get full use of the book. My daughter did not feel it was worth the money.
on May 22, 2014
I am a divorced mother of 3 and this is a great workbook for blended families. I bought this book for my own sake and sanity to know my kids are getting everything they need when they are on my watch! worth the buy!
on December 4, 2015
While this may be an excellent book for supportive, caring families who want to acknowledge inadequacies and change, it is simply not very helpful for a single mother who's co-parent deliberately sabotages her relationship with her child(ren), and who's own natal family is a minefield of dysfunction. This book assumes multiple adults can and will work together in the child's best interest and does not offer many, if any, solutions for dealing with adults who undermine the child(ren)'s relationship with their primary parent, or "family" that is uninvolved or uncaring (except for Christmas).
on February 8, 2008
I found this book to be a very helpful companion to the book, Family First. It compliments the book quite well.
on September 10, 2012
This helps you get the most out of a great book. I love Dr. Phil. If you have a family in a less than stellar situation, GET THIS BOOK. It will help if you really apply what it says and are steadfast. There are no quick fixes here. There are tools to guide you and you have to do the hard work, but it's worth it.
on May 15, 2010
I recently offered a series of Family Life workshops in my church. I used some of the materials from Dr. Phil's book - The Family First Book and the companion Workbook. I thank God for these books and Dr. Phil's passion concern for families.
on October 4, 2009
This workbook helped to bring the heavy ideas of the Family First book home. The book gave a lot of suggestions, and the workbook gives you a format to write it all down and catagorize it hopefully so that it will be easier to use the information in the book, and the workbook does help with that.

HOWEVER, I have to say that I got a lot more out of the Dr Laura books, even if you don't agree with her politically there is a lot of good, common-sense truth to what she says that bull-dozes through the frustration and emotions. I can say that I've seen a lot more of the long-term effects/benefits from the Dr Laura books. And Dr Leman's "Have a New Kid by Friday" which was also recommended by Dr Laura.
on May 14, 2013
Workbook is not worth the money - could do just as well with the book and a note pad in my opinion. Wasn't something that was worth the purchase. I got a refund for this.
on January 10, 2014
This is a great book I got it to help me make my family the best and it has help us a lot love the book and got it for a great deal love amazon